Topic: Chronicle

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on February 5, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Contribution: 3,492 (3,159 + 333)
Just watched this awesome movie at the cinema, and holy s**t it's really amazing.
The storyline is really well written and perfectly plausible (barring obvious parts). The Special effects are next to flawless, and just the finishing touches are perfect.

I won't give the storyline away as it's only just come out, so I'd ask you to make use of spoiler tags if they would be necisarry.

Feel free to discuss what you personally liked and disliked if you've seen it, and if you haven't, GO WATCH IT!!!
-----------germ---------another germ---------------
-----------GERMS ALL OVER THE PLACE---------
Oh Look at that, looks like there's SO MANY MOD GERMS
Okay, who the flower's the smartass

Now THAT's just being a precious flower.

I am going to slam a lovely rainbow flower into your beautiful face you flower
  Posted on February 5, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Roach, The Masked Samurai of the Red Dawn

Contribution: 1,303 (1,108 + 195)
I want to watch it, but I'm afraid it's going to end up horribly generic with extremely generic characters and plot twist.
  Posted on February 5, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Roach wrote:

I want to watch it, but I'm afraid it's going to end up horribly generic with extremely generic characters and plot twist.

The following doesn't contain direct spoilers, but by necessity it does give some parts away, in a vague way.
Spoiler

What I really like, is there isn't a really obvious plot-twist, you can kinda see what's coming, but only because you're looking for it.

The characters are incredibly realistic, so you "might" find them generic, but there's no "Superman" or "Lex Luthor", everyone has really plausible motivations, and are all still human throughout.

Posted on February 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM
rurudo66, Hunter of Hanto

Contribution: 1,476 (1,274 + 202)
It looks like an awesome movie. The trailer was both funny and epic and I can't wait to see the movie itself.
Epicurus wrote:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Marcus wrote:

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Posted on February 5, 2012 at 7:53 PM
shadow111, Dreamer

Contribution: 326 (298 + 28)
Isn't that the movie with the movie with the super hero teens and one become to powerful or something?
  Posted on February 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

shadow111 wrote:

Isn't that the movie with the movie with the super hero teens and one become to powerful or something?

????

Sense you make not sir

Posted on February 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM
shadow111, Dreamer

Contribution: 326 (298 + 28)
Karab wrote:

(...)

????

Sense you make not sir

I'm saying what movie is "Chronicle" is it that movie with the 3 teen's with some sort of physic super powers?
  Posted on February 5, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

shadow111 wrote:

(...)
I'm saying what movie is "Chronicle" is it that movie with the 3 teen's with some sort of physic super powers?

Yeah, you couldn't have just googled?

Posted on February 5, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Encore, The Demonic Elite

Contribution: 1,703 (1,379 + 324)
What a coincidence, i just watched finished watching this movie in cinemas not 10mins ago. I admit, it has a good story line. However, in my honest opinion, it could be well improved, with both the physical action and emotional effect on the viewer. Nonetheless, great movie.
Spoiler

Also, near the end he says hes going to find out what this is no matter how long it takes, i think there will be a squeal, because of that and because it was far to short for a movie like this.

jeremiah gottwald 50% man 50% machine. 2000% loyalty

''Anything is possible'' - Yuudai. Hana X Tadashi confirmed 2013.
  Posted on February 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I just watched this and I must say it was even better than I expected. The characters were easy for me personally to connect with and the movie seemed really realistic. If three teenagers suddenly developed telekinesis, I imagine they would do a lot of the things that were in the movie. I know I would, although I would definitely not do what Andrew did in the end.
Epicurus wrote:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Marcus wrote:

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Posted on February 10, 2012 at 2:36 AM
-Rukia, The Ambitious Priestess of the Hebi

Contribution: 1,801 (1,717 + 84)
I want to watch it, apparently. But then, is it a horror movie?
Signature removed for violating the War of Ninja Forum Rules
  Posted on March 16, 2012 at 12:47 AM

-Rukia wrote:

I want to watch it, apparently. But then, is it a horror movie?

No, not really. It's just about these boys attaining and experimenting with these telekinetic abilities.
Epicurus wrote:

Marcus wrote:

Posted on August 13, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Chas3_Th3_Dr3am, Dreamer of the Ancestors

Contribution: 2,354 (2,097 + 257)
I remember seeing this movie. It had a good concept, but it took a long time for a plot to appear and make the movie mean something. It was very realistic though.
Check out my Soundcloud!

Rainbows, sunshine. Everywhere we go.