Topic: Balance Update v4.2 proposal

There are no members reading this topic.

This topic was closed by Yuudai
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM
3 thumbs up
Yuudai, Savior

Contribution: 1,233 (813 + 420)
I've made a few changes according to the feedback on the forums. Continue the discussion here.

CHARACTERS

Budou Ken
Health points increased to 100, up from 90.
A simple change, but I think it is the best option we have for him right now.

Hebi Ikuchi
- Snake Poison
Grants Ikuchi 4 Snake Poisons, altering Snakebite. This skill renews.
no cooldown, no energy cost

- Snakebite
Now removes 1 Snake Poison from Ikuchi with each use.

Shishi Takeko
- Bamboo Spear deals piercing damage during Summon: Ootake.

Honoo Youko
- Wings of the Firehawk
Grants Youko 5 Wings of the Firehawk, altering Talon Strike. During this time, if an enemy performs a melee skill on Youko, 15 affliction damage is dealt to that enemy consuming 1 Wing of the Firehawk.
no cooldown, costs 1 random energy

- Talon Strike
During Wings of the Firehawk, removes 1 Wing of the Firehawk from Youko with each use.

I’m taking the Ikuchi approach with Youko. To be honest I was never very fond of any of the other changes. This will keep Youko mostly the same, but it will provide us with a whole bunch of new variables to tweak her.

Kozan Tadao
A full rework.

Cursed Diamond
Affects Tadao with Cursed Diamond infinitely, disabling stuns, granting Tadao 1 Cursed Diamond charge each turn and dealing 5 affliction damage to Tadao for every Cursed Diamond charge each turn. This skill toggles. All Cursed Diamond charges are removed when this skill ends.
tactic, instant
1 rnd
cooldown 1

Glass Cutter
Tadao deals 25 melee damage to one enemy. Each Cursed Diamond charge increases damage dealt by this skill by 5.
melee, instant
1 str
cooldown 0

Desperation
Requires Tadao with 50 or less health points. Tadao deals 20 melee damage to all enemies bypassing counters, killing Tadao. Each Cursed Diamond charge increases damage dealt by this skill by 5.
melee, instant
1 str, 1 rnd
cooldown 0

Seishin Kame
- Genbu, the Black Warrior
Kame grants one teammate a protector of 40 hit points. Until destroyed, melee and ranged damage dealt to the target is reduced by 15. This skill cannot be used while active.
1 inteligence 1 random
This is my favorite version of Genbu. It allows for the skill to be a lot more user friendly. I have however reduced the DR to 15, because I believe 20 will be far too powerful.

Seishin Ryu
- Night Fire also triggers on mental skills performed on Ryu.

Yuurin
- Commune with Nature now costs 1 intelligence energy, down from 1 intelligence and 1 random.

ITEMS

Health potions
SHP: 25 hp, no cost, 2 cooldown, allowed 2 times.
MHP: 35 hp, 1 rnd, 3 cooldown, allowed 2 times.
LHP: 70 hp, 2 rnd, allowed 1 time.

Medical packs
SMP: 25 hp, no cost, 2 cooldown, allowed 2 times.
MMP: 35 hp, 1 rnd, 3 cooldown, allowed 2 times.
LMP: 65 hp, 2 rnd, allowed 1 time.

Bowl of Ramen
- Change the energy cost to no energy.

Guard of the Warbringer
- Disables all damage reduction and damage limitation on the wearer until destroyed, and now grants a protector of 45 hit points.
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Arasoi, The Untouchable Priestess

Contribution: 626 (537 + 89)
I may be the only person that consistently uses LMP out there, so I LOVE that LMP buff. An extra 5 HP.

I'm sort of worried about Youko with this rework. I can see how cool it would be from a lore perspective, but what will be the cost for the new Wings of the Firehawk? I'd suggest either increasing it to 2 random or making it a specific. One random would make her very powerful.

I'm sort of skeptical about the GotW rework and I'm not sure what it would do to my favourite character, Isshou. I can see Isshou's usage % dropping. A LOT.
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 10:47 AM
LosenFlowers, Veteran

Contribution: 1,610 (1,504 + 106)
CHARACTERS

Budou Ken
Fine

Hebi Ikuchi
I guess this would work. I see no issues with this.

Shishi Takeko
At least Takeko has a better chance at combat(?)

Honoo Youko
I think it is a perfect idea to balance out Youko

Kozan Tadao
I honestly hate this rework. (I actually hate Tadao anyways) Something tells me he is going to easily die...

Seishin Kame
I prefered the Damage Limiter, but I guess DR would work just as well

Seishin Ryu
I hope this would tone Ryu down.

Yuurin
I like this, this would make Yuurin even more versatile in teams aswell as make him an even greater collaborater.

ITEMS

Health potions
Medical packs
I think this will make me want to use the MP and HP more due to their multiple uses. Very well thought out. Would they still remove XXXXX afflictions?

Bowl of Ramen
I still don't see myself using this as a phesable item

Guard of the Warbringer
Perfect in every aspect. Lets hope this is enough to lower the ratios of GotW teams (in use with Karasu and Isshou and such) although I think 40 hit points would be more reasonable.
It's so sad what happened to this game :(
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Ryu_No_Zonbi, The Cloaked Warrior of the Military

Contribution: 798 (693 + 105)
im liking the changes Tadao was a little iffy for me but i think it will turn out fine lol
Mister M.I.A.
Skype Account Name: Dracozombie92
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM
tuakarr, The Untouchable Fugitive of the Ancestors

Contribution: 136 (127 + 9)
i hate tadao rework, no offense .
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM
bughead10, The Black Kid of Death

Contribution: 899 (712 + 187)
I really like the new updates. I'm not sure about the Tadao update but I think he will be a little more fun to play. I like the new updates to the potions, I think I'll definitely be using them more now.
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Yuudai, Savior

Edited Wings of the Firehawk. The skill has no cooldown but still costs 1 random energy.
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Serah, The Flaring Blossom

Contribution: 34 (28 + 6)
Guard of the Warbringer:

I think now the 3turn cooldown at the beginning of the game is too much, it should be reduced to 2 turns.
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM
LosenFlowers, Veteran

Serah wrote:

Guard of the Warbringer:

I think now the 3turn cooldown at the beginning of the game is too much, it should be reduced to 2 turns.

I beg to differ. THe 3 turn cool down is very reasonable, you will get 45 Hit Points (on top of your chars LP) and your team gets melee invul.

3 turn cooldown seems like the perfect comprimise for a very strong effect.
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Serah, The Flaring Blossom

Contribution: 34 (28 + 6)
LosenFlowers wrote:

(...)
I beg to differ. THe 3 turn cool down is very reasonable, you will get 45 Hit Points (on top of your chars LP) and your team gets melee invul.

3 turn cooldown seems like the perfect comprimise for a very strong effect.

But a protector of 45 hit points can be easily destroyed in 1 turn by a full melee team, and GotW is usually used against full melee teams or teams with 2 melee characters.
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM
LosenFlowers, Veteran

Serah wrote:

(...)

But a protector of 45 hit points can be easily destroyed in 1 turn by a full melee team, and GotW is usually used against full melee teams or teams with 2 melee characters.

STill, you provide one turn of melee protection for your other 2 team members. A melee team would be wasting energy taking out the 45 Hit Points instead of the actual life points of your chars.
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 2:32 PM
love-machine, The Stolen Thief

Contribution: 1,015 (938 + 77)
I'm so happy you used my suggestion of reducing Yuurin's commune to nature to 1 intelligence and reducing GoTW's protector to 45 DD. This is such a great update. The question is, when will this be implemented?
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Yuudai, Savior

I hope to implement the update by the end of the week if the feedback stays positive.
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Ein, The Crystal Fire of the Red Dawn

Contribution: 821 (713 + 108)
Yuudai wrote:

I've made a few changes according to the feedback on the forums. Continue the discussion here.

CHARACTERS

Budou Ken
Health points increased to 100, up from 90.
A simple change, but I think it is the best option we have for him right now.

Good one.

Hebi Ikuchi
- Snake Poison
Grants Ikuchi 4 Snake Poisons, altering Snakebite. This skill renews.
no cooldown, no energy cost

- Snakebite
Now removes 1 Snake Poison from Ikuchi with each use.

Duh... pretty meh.

Shishi Takeko
- Bamboo Spear deals piercing damage during Summon: Ootake.

Very good change, I hope to see more of Takeko.

Honoo Youko
- Wings of the Firehawk
Grants Youko 5 Wings of the Firehawk, altering Talon Strike. During this time, if an enemy performs a melee skill on Youko, 15 affliction damage is dealt to that enemy consuming 1 Wing of the Firehawk.
no cooldown, costs 1 random energy

- Talon Strike
During Wings of the Firehawk, removes 1 Wing of the Firehawk from Youko with each use.

I’m taking the Ikuchi approach with Youko. To be honest I was never very fond of any of the other changes. This will keep Youko mostly the same, but it will provide us with a whole bunch of new variables to tweak her.

Just no. I don't think that Youko will be used more because of this.

Kozan Tadao
A full rework.

Cursed Diamond
Affects Tadao with Cursed Diamond infinitely, disabling stuns, granting Tadao 1 Cursed Diamond charge each turn and dealing 5 affliction damage to Tadao for every Cursed Diamond charge each turn. This skill toggles. All Cursed Diamond charges are removed when this skill ends.
tactic, instant
1 rnd
cooldown 1

Glass Cutter
Tadao deals 25 melee damage to one enemy. Each Cursed Diamond charge increases damage dealt by this skill by 5.
melee, instant
1 str
cooldown 0

Desperation
Requires Tadao with 50 or less health points. Tadao deals 20 melee damage to all enemies bypassing counters, killing Tadao. Each Cursed Diamond charge increases damage dealt by this skill by 5.
melee, instant
1 str, 1 rnd
cooldown 0

Yeah, finally! Tadao will be great. He won't be so basic! Yay.

Seishin Kame
- Genbu, the Black Warrior
Kame grants one teammate a protector of 40 hit points. Until destroyed, melee and ranged damage dealt to the target is reduced by 15. This skill cannot be used while active.
1 inteligence 1 random
This is my favorite version of Genbu. It allows for the skill to be a lot more user friendly. I have however reduced the DR to 15, because I believe 20 will be far too powerful.

Another good one.

Seishin Ryu
- Night Fire also triggers on mental skills performed on Ryu.

Okay, Ryu is overpowered and everyone knows that. This will reduce his overpowerness (does that word exist?), but really not much. Ryu shouldn't be able to be invulnerable.

Yuurin
- Commune with Nature now costs 1 intelligence energy, down from 1 intelligence and 1 random.

Is there a person that use it? I don't think so. Good boost!

ITEMS

Health potions
SHP: 25 hp, no cost, 2 cooldown, allowed 2 times.
MHP: 35 hp, 1 rnd, 3 cooldown, allowed 2 times.
LHP: 70 hp, 2 rnd, allowed 1 time.

Fine.

Medical packs
SMP: 25 hp, no cost, 2 cooldown, allowed 2 times.
MMP: 35 hp, 1 rnd, 3 cooldown, allowed 2 times.
LMP: 65 hp, 2 rnd, allowed 1 time.

Fine.

Bowl of Ramen
- Change the energy cost to no energy.

Great change!

Guard of the Warbringer
- Disables all damage reduction and damage limitation on the wearer until destroyed, and now grants a protector of 45 hit points.

Another great change.
My last.fm profile.
Albums I've been digging recently:
Trophy Scars - Holy Vacants
The Gaslight Anthem - Get Hurt
Joyce Manor - Never Hungover Again

Posted on March 28, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Luchador, Prisoner

Contribution: 53 (42 + 11)
don't change tadao -.-
Burp