Topic: Balance Update v4.2 proposal

There are no members reading this topic.

This topic was closed by Yuudai
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 thumbs up
Roach, The Masked Samurai of the Red Dawn

Contribution: 1,303 (1,108 + 195)
All I need now is confirmation that multiple uses of the healing items will not remove multiple afflictions.
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 4:34 PM
MitzT, Smoker of the Winter

Contribution: 629 (529 + 100)
Tadao's rework will just make him a self destructing machine for a little damage boost. fine something alot better than this cause this is actually a pretty harsh nerf. the infinite stun resist is nice, but he has only 1 skill to attack with, the other deals damage to himself and the last kills him.
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Ryu_No_Zonbi, The Cloaked Warrior of the Military

Contribution: 798 (693 + 105)
MitzT wrote:

Tadao's rework will just make him a self destructing machine for a little damage boost. fine something alot better than this cause this is actually a pretty harsh nerf. the infinite stun resist is nice, but he has only 1 skill to attack with, the other deals damage to himself and the last kills him.

the only problem i see with Tadao rework is hes a less attractive Kurai because 1. his prep costs a random 2. he has no stun and 3. he has no defense to speak of.

could this be a problem yeah it probly will be for a little while but im sure people will find a way around his flaws.

EDIT: forgot to mention he dies faster than Kurai aswell lol
Mister M.I.A.
Skype Account Name: Dracozombie92
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Ryu_No_Zonbi wrote:

(...)

the only problem i see with Tadao rework is hes a less attractive Kurai because 1. his prep costs a random 2. he has no stun and 3. he has no defense to speak of.

could this be a problem yeah it probly will be for a little while but im sure people will find a way around his flaws.

EDIT: forgot to mention he dies faster than Kurai aswell lol

Why are you comparing two completely different characters?
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Yuudai, Savior

Contribution: 1,233 (813 + 420)
Roach wrote:

All I need now is confirmation that multiple uses of the healing items will not remove multiple afflictions.

I'm pretty much set on the concept that these items do the exact same thing with each use, that includes removing afflictions. Having them remove afflictions only on the first use is unnessarily confusing imo.
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 6:35 PM
the_fallen_hero, The Fallen Defender

Contribution: 219 (194 + 25)
Yuudai wrote:

I've made a few changes according to the feedback on the forums. Continue the discussion here.

CHARACTERS

Budou Ken
Health points increased to 100, up from 90.
A simple change, but I think it is the best option we have for him right now.

Hebi Ikuchi
- Snake Poison
Grants Ikuchi 4 Snake Poisons, altering Snakebite. This skill renews.
no cooldown, no energy cost

- Snakebite
Now removes 1 Snake Poison from Ikuchi with each use.

Shishi Takeko
- Bamboo Spear deals piercing damage during Summon: Ootake.

Honoo Youko
- Wings of the Firehawk
Grants Youko 5 Wings of the Firehawk, altering Talon Strike. During this time, if an enemy performs a melee skill on Youko, 15 affliction damage is dealt to that enemy consuming 1 Wing of the Firehawk.
no cooldown, costs 1 random energy

- Talon Strike
During Wings of the Firehawk, removes 1 Wing of the Firehawk from Youko with each use.

I’m taking the Ikuchi approach with Youko. To be honest I was never very fond of any of the other changes. This will keep Youko mostly the same, but it will provide us with a whole bunch of new variables to tweak her.

Kozan Tadao
A full rework.

Cursed Diamond
Affects Tadao with Cursed Diamond infinitely, disabling stuns, granting Tadao 1 Cursed Diamond charge each turn and dealing 5 affliction damage to Tadao for every Cursed Diamond charge each turn. This skill toggles. All Cursed Diamond charges are removed when this skill ends.
tactic, instant
1 rnd
cooldown 1

Glass Cutter
Tadao deals 25 melee damage to one enemy. Each Cursed Diamond charge increases damage dealt by this skill by 5.
melee, instant
1 str
cooldown 0

Desperation
Requires Tadao with 50 or less health points. Tadao deals 20 melee damage to all enemies bypassing counters, killing Tadao. Each Cursed Diamond charge increases damage dealt by this skill by 5.
melee, instant
1 str, 1 rnd
cooldown 0

Seishin Kame
- Genbu, the Black Warrior
Kame grants one teammate a protector of 40 hit points. Until destroyed, melee and ranged damage dealt to the target is reduced by 15. This skill cannot be used while active.
1 inteligence 1 random
This is my favorite version of Genbu. It allows for the skill to be a lot more user friendly. I have however reduced the DR to 15, because I believe 20 will be far too powerful.

Seishin Ryu
- Night Fire also triggers on mental skills performed on Ryu.

Yuurin
- Commune with Nature now costs 1 intelligence energy, down from 1 intelligence and 1 random.

ITEMS

Health potions
SHP: 25 hp, no cost, 2 cooldown, allowed 2 times.
MHP: 35 hp, 1 rnd, 3 cooldown, allowed 2 times.
LHP: 70 hp, 2 rnd, allowed 1 time.

Medical packs
SMP: 25 hp, no cost, 2 cooldown, allowed 2 times.
MMP: 35 hp, 1 rnd, 3 cooldown, allowed 2 times.
LMP: 65 hp, 2 rnd, allowed 1 time.

Bowl of Ramen
- Change the energy cost to no energy.

Guard of the Warbringer
- Disables all damage reduction and damage limitation on the wearer until destroyed, and now grants a protector of 45 hit points.

I agree with everything there except Tadao Im 50/50 with him if he gets spiked like first turn he is gonna need alot of protection for desperation but I also like the concept It fits him to me for some reason maybe give desperation a cooldown 2-3?
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 6:37 PM
lucaslost, The Lost Wolf of the Winter

Contribution: 1,633 (1,374 + 259)
Yuudai wrote:

I've made a few changes according to the feedback on the forums. Continue the discussion here.

CHARACTERS

Budou Ken

Ken is fine as he is now o.o
He's a spiker who can deal 50 damage just like that. There is really no need to boost him.
Yuudai wrote:

Hebi Ikuchi
- Snake Poison

- Snakebite

Loving it ;D
Yuudai wrote:

Shishi Takeko

Hmm, not so sure about this one... let's see how it works.
Yuudai wrote:

Honoo Youko
- Wings of the Firehawk
Grants Youko 5 Wings of the Firehawk, altering Talon Strike. During this time, if an enemy performs a melee skill on Youko, 15 affliction damage is dealt to that enemy consuming 1 Wing of the Firehawk.

- Talon Strike
During Wings of the Firehawk, removes 1 Wing of the Firehawk from Youko with each use.

I’m taking the Ikuchi approach with Youko. To be honest I was never very fond of any of the other changes. This will keep Youko mostly the same, but it will provide us with a whole bunch of new variables to tweak her.

Well, that is quite odd...
I really hope you guys consider making it give 4 charges instead.
Yuudai wrote:

Kozan Tadao
A full rework.

Cursed Diamond
Affects Tadao with Cursed Diamond infinitely, disabling stuns, granting Tadao 1 Cursed Diamond charge each turn and dealing 5 affliction damage to Tadao for every Cursed Diamond charge each turn. This skill toggles. All Cursed Diamond charges are removed when this skill ends.
tactic, instant
1 rnd
cooldown 1

Glass Cutter
Tadao deals 25 melee damage to one enemy. Each Cursed Diamond charge increases damage dealt by this skill by 5.
melee, instant
1 str
cooldown 0

Desperation
Requires Tadao with 50 or less health points. Tadao deals 20 melee damage to all enemies bypassing counters, killing Tadao. Each Cursed Diamond charge increases damage dealt by this skill by 5.
melee, instant
1 str, 1 rnd
cooldown 0

Yay, let's see how that works out for him.
Yuudai wrote:

Seishin Kame
Kame grants one teammate a protector of 40 hit points. Until destroyed, melee and ranged damage dealt to the target is reduced by 15. This skill cannot be used while active.
1 inteligence 1 random
This is my favorite version of Genbu. It allows for the skill to be a lot more user friendly. I have however reduced the DR to 15, because I believe 20 will be far too powerful.

I believe this will be indeed better for Kame, but you may want to reduce the DR to 10. 15 is way too much IMO.
Yuudai wrote:

Seishin Ryu

Huh... I think that's going to make him go UP =D
Yuudai wrote:

Yuurin
- Commune with Nature now costs 1 intelligence energy, down from 1 intelligence and 1 random.

O.O
Hell no. Just... no.
Yuudai wrote:

ITEMS

Health potions

Medical packs

I like the feeling of this. Let's see how it works.
Yuudai wrote:

Bowl of Ramen

I'm so going to abuse this ^-^
Yuudai wrote:

Guard of the Warbringer
- Disables all damage reduction and damage limitation on the wearer until destroyed, and now grants a protector of 45 hit points.

Seems fair.

Honestly, these changes are a bit game changing, so I have no idea how they will affect the game just by reading them.
I suggest you implement them (except the ones I said "no" to). They are pretty much nicely balanced in my view.

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X
R.I.P. Malena Chevy ~♥
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Johnny(TM), The Untouchable Veteran

Contribution: 1,142 (856 + 286)
Ok, the only thing I hate from this list is the Tadao rework. The Single target attack becomes overpowered, the charges are lost when you trigger off, and the AoE kills him. Don't see why would I use him if he becomes like this.
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM
CoolKeldon, The Blue Samurai of the Moon

Contribution: 89 (85 + 4)
Cool, BoR is free now, it's my favorite items for disruption teams.

Signature by JoeTurtle
  Posted on March 28, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Chas3_Th3_Dr3am, Dreamer of the Ancestors

Contribution: 2,354 (2,097 + 257)
I don't see a Yuzuki change here...
Check out my Soundcloud!

Rainbows, sunshine. Everywhere we go.
  Posted on March 29, 2012 at 4:41 AM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
Yuudai wrote:

CHARACTERS

Budou Ken

Looks good, but I don't know if this will change anything. I don't even really think Ken needs a boost.
Qoute:

Hebi Ikuchi
- Snake Poison

- Snakebite

Awesome. I like that this isn't necessarily a boost, just more of a tweak, which he needed. :)
Qoute:

Shishi Takeko

Umm. Not the right boost to Takeko, but I suppose this will do.
Qoute:

Honoo Youko
- Wings of the Firehawk

- Talon Strike

I don't understand the stats; Youko was just fine. But we'll see where this goes, I guess.
Qoute:

Kozan Tadao
A full rework.

Let's do it.

Sure, he might die really fast, BUT we're not taking into account the defensive options his teammates can provide him. As well as HEALING.
Qoute:

Seishin Kame
1 inteligence 1 random

Awesome change. Although it might get taken down too quickly. It'll become more of a temporary shield rather than super-armor like before, but I guess the change is justified by the cost decrease.
Qoute:

Seishin Ryu

My prediction is that he will still be OP. But we'll see, I guess.
Qoute:

Yuurin

YES. This skill needed some more attention.
Qoute:

Health potions

Medical packs

Hmm, I'm skeptical about being able to remove afflictions multiple times.
Qoute:

Bowl of Ramen

The item is still unappealing. Make it remove Ki afflictions also, to turn it into a fairly decent swap item.
Qoute:

Guard of the Warbringer

Sounds good.
  Posted on March 29, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Yuudai, Savior

Contribution: 1,233 (813 + 420)
I'll be implementing the balance update later today, at about 16:30 GMT.
  Posted on March 29, 2012 at 2:55 PM
love-machine, The Stolen Thief

Contribution: 1,015 (938 + 77)
Yuudai wrote:

I'll be implementing the balance update later today, at about 16:30 GMT.

Nooooooo my Ryu. Oh well, can't wait to test the new Tadao, Ikuchi and Youko
  Posted on March 29, 2012 at 2:57 PM
edwinas5524, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Nobles

Contribution: 2,382 (2,161 + 221)
I think you should leave Ryu as it is now, and I played alot with tadao and with these changes he will suck. I think you should make few changes not that much at same time. like in naruto arena changes almost every week and still all characters is too weak =D I like this game becouse I think every character is good as he is maybe need few changes
  Posted on March 29, 2012 at 3:33 PM

love-machine wrote:

(...)

Nooooooo my Ryu. Oh well, can't wait to test the new Tadao, Ikuchi and Youko

I can guarantee you nothing about Ryu will change.

The difference this change will bring is maybe a couple of new teams, and Jyouzu's spot as king will return.