Topic: Balance Update 4.2

There are no members reading this topic.

This topic was closed by Arasoi
  Posted on March 30, 2012 at 12:36 PM
1 thumbs up
Mirroga, The Twisted Tactician

Contribution: 2,540 (2,265 + 275)
All of the balance changes have been thoroughly discussed in Balance Discussion so I have nothing to say but good work. No surprise balances feels kinds boring but at least lesser people rage at it.

As for people who hate the changes, thank you for never participating in the Balance Discussions.
  Posted on March 30, 2012 at 1:56 PM
zero_raver, The Twisted Betrayer of the Moon

Contribution: 355 (330 + 25)
Tadao seems just fine to me, you keep him alive and power him up in all ways you can. Heal heal heal and he's just really... yeah :D
  Posted on March 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM
1 thumbs up
Arasoi, The Untouchable Priestess

Contribution: 626 (537 + 89)
Mirroga wrote:

All of the balance changes have been thoroughly discussed in Balance Discussion so I have nothing to say but good work. No surprise balances feels kinds boring but at least lesser people rage at it.

As for people who hate the changes, thank you for never participating in the Balance Discussions.

Well said, Mirroga. The people who are whining about Tadao in particular, don't know the amount of testing and re-testing that's been put into re-designing him. We would not have released him if he was "OMG BAD." There are people who are already doing very well with him.
  Posted on March 30, 2012 at 3:38 PM
Roach, The Masked Samurai of the Red Dawn

Contribution: 1,303 (1,108 + 195)
Darthgrimm wrote:

the double usage for potions and med packs will mean huge problems for Shoji and Niwa.

especially for shoji, imo.

Tadao seemed OK before, dunno why the change.

Edit: I just tried him ... seems pathetic.

Yes, I addressed that in my tier list. It isn't SOOOO huge of a problem, as you can always swap Shoji in. It does bother me, however, but it is something we will need to weork around.

Potions aren't as bad, because potions are self-target. Potions only means you can't target x characters because x character has potion.

Kits are very bad for shoji because kits target any ally. Kits mean you can only target character Z, because character's x and y can be healed with the kit.
  Posted on March 30, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Cardoon, The Drunken Kid

Contribution: 337 (284 + 53)
Mirroga wrote:

I guess you're right on this one . But still it just seems that I can't get around his suicidal ways. Maybe suicidal characters aren't my thing, so I guess this update is awesome :D.
Cardoon - It's a kind of cactus, for those people who don't know.
I am a cactus.
Credits to Maniji-Puppet for the avatar.
Wisdom wrote:

Tomatoes are no dancers, they're only good at the salsa.

Posted on March 30, 2012 at 4:26 PM
love-machine, The Stolen Thief

Contribution: 1,015 (938 + 77)
Hmmm, faced a few Tadaos, and he is too easy to kill. And even if i dont kill him, he just kills himself :). Dunno, maybe I'll get around to using him to see how he works.
  Posted on March 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Demonkings, The Golden Demon

Contribution: 1,488 (1,318 + 170)
Mirroga wrote:

Originally I felt the Tadao rework being good, until I played a few matches with him before the balance update and founded out he was actually pretty good without the rework, just that ken blind sided him.

In fact, the only problem was glass cutter(Which the rework fixed), but it nerfed the desperation which was Tadao's main and most fun skill.

Tadao is not a "lesser Ken" anymore, he became one of the worse characters in the game.

But oh well, we can't do anything about it and probably it is just me. Onward to the next balance update
Spoiler

Ps. I actually participated in the balance discussions despite hating the rework a few weeks ago. I guess your theory of people hating changes = never participate shatters a little.

Posted on March 30, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
Demonkings wrote:

(...)

Originally I felt the Tadao rework being good, until I played a few matches with him before the balance update and founded out he was actually pretty good without the rework, just that ken blind sided him.

This.

There was nothing wrong with Tadao. People just hated him because he was boring. And because he was boring, only unskilled players used him. Thus, his stats dropped...
  Posted on March 30, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Johnny(TM), The Untouchable Veteran

Contribution: 1,142 (856 + 286)
Nestec wrote:

(...)

This.

There was nothing wrong with Tadao. People just hated him because he was boring. And because he was boring, only unskilled players used him. Thus, his stats dropped...

Ok, now his stats will drop because of 1 good skill and 2 bad skill.
  Posted on March 30, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
Johnny(TM) wrote:

(...)
Ok, now his stats will drop because of 1 good skill and 2 bad skill.

No, TWO good skills and two bad skills.

You forgot Parry.
  Posted on March 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Johnny(TM), The Untouchable Veteran

Contribution: 1,142 (856 + 286)
Nestec wrote:

(...)

No, TWO good skills and two bad skills.

You forgot Parry.

I didn't count it, because it's basic.
  Posted on March 31, 2012 at 4:32 AM
Dimi, The Renegade Samurai

Contribution: 94 (73 + 21)
Well balance seem ok. I simply gave ramen to Tadao and did ok with him.

Sorry for my english, It's not my own language but I do what I can...
  Posted on March 31, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Albert-wesker, The Masterful Warrior

Contribution: 60 (47 + 13)
tadao is....bad i used him few times and his aoe is just flt out ignored due to the auto self kill now 20 aoe for your own life? im sorry but that's baaaaaaaaaaaad
  Posted on March 31, 2012 at 12:22 PM
2 thumbs up
Zadion, The Twisted Child of Death

Contribution: 1,077 (757 + 320)
Tadao isn't as bad as everyone is saying.... his main problem is that he simply CAN NOT survive in teams that don't defend him. Try pairing him up with Yuurin, Daiki, or Eien. It's working well for me, especially when another character has a small/medium medical package to heal Tadao.

Tadao becomes a huge beast if he can survive long enough. Glass Cutter will never do less than 35 damage after Cursed Diamond is used, and it's fairly easy to keep Tadao alive long enough for GC to do 45-50 damage... for 1 specific. In a defensive team, I can keep Tadao alive long enough for this fairly easy, then have him kill himself with ~15-25 HP left for a 40-45 DMG Desperation.

That said, this doesn't necessarily make him a GOOD character. He can pile on the damage, but if the rest of the team isn't doing anything but keeping him alive... it doesn't really matter. I'm still trying to figure that out myself. Regardless of how good he is, he sure is a lot more fun to use now.

hello, it's me. i was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
  Posted on March 31, 2012 at 1:08 PM
andytheo123, Prisoner

Contribution: 667 (628 + 39)
I just got a 10 streak using Tadao,but I used him just for Glass Cutter.I didn't tried him otherwise,but he doesn't look that bad.You just have to protect him,I guess.Daiki(SB)and Yuurin(Shogi)might be good partners for him.Just protect him.Give him Bowl of Ramen,and you might have a very powerfull AoE at Tadao's end.
About the other changes,all look fine enough for me.(not like Tadao isn't fine)
like a boss