Topic: Open Balance Discussion

There are no members reading this topic.

This topic was closed by Yuudai
  Posted on January 11, 2011 at 11:10 PM
4 thumbs up
elamento12, The Demonic Child of the Firehawk

Contribution: 1,860 (1,744 + 116)
Jun is well OP as we all know.

My suggestion:

Focus cost one red or decrease the DR to 10 or last 3 turns.

Or not both

Enrage increase damage by 10 or 15 if you want to get extreme make Blind Spot deal 10 damage at the start maybe even zero.
Spoiler

Wana be a valued member of this debate

Posted on January 11, 2011 at 11:11 PM
2 thumbs up
Albert-wesker, The Masterful Warrior

Contribution: 60 (47 + 13)
Sakura-Chan-Ship wrote:

If by all means, Jun should get a small nerf. Having the charge go up by 20 every time Enrage is used is ridiculous and Enrage and Blind Shot, dealing 20 damage itself.

By any means, reduce the stacking for Blind Shot by 10-15 points. This seems fairly reasonable for a small nerf. I don't think a large make-over is do nor a large nerf.

and nerf his DR cuz everytime he gets into a 1v1 with any melee char that does 20 damage or less he auto wins

EDIT:i remember jun being a huge issue in the beta as well idk why we need to talk about him now when the admins already know whatthe issues are and still release him so op
  Posted on January 11, 2011 at 11:16 PM
3 thumbs up
FirehotSun, The Flaming Wolf of the Winter

Contribution: 225 (183 + 42)
Shoji really could use a boost right about now.His prep skill is completely useless.It might reduces 10 range dmg but it could easily be canceled.Atleast give it a duration otherthan making it "too" easy to cancel out.:unsure

Smexy sig made by Punk117
  Posted on January 11, 2011 at 11:17 PM
2 thumbs up
Desperado, The Respected Lieutenant of the BETA

Contribution: 22 (20 + 2)
Yukigaaru wrote:

I am thinking about removing the charge from Focus. So attacking makes you vulnerable while defending does not let you charge up too fast.

That sounds like a good idea to me.

Any thoughts about Omoi Yukigaaru here? My personal opinion is that he is weaker then the other 2 starters. I ignore him the most time and kill him last. Only his stun is a little bit annoying. The counter is not that powerful, because it is visible to the enemy and only deals 10 damage. Giga Defender seems a little bit weak to me, too, because it leaves Yukigaaru without any "bonus HP" and he will obviously be the target the next round.
Maybe I just do not like the character and his role because it does not fit my playstyle to be defensive but also I am quite happy when I can fight him because he seems so useless to me.
  Posted on January 11, 2011 at 11:19 PM
2 thumbs up
elamento12, The Demonic Child of the Firehawk

Contribution: 1,860 (1,744 + 116)
Omg well since many people don't have him but Shadow Chaser is also OP

Make it last one turn cause 20 infinite affliction plus -10 ranged is Op for a red and random plus prep cost nothing I think the problem is obvious with him. We can make it cost 2 red which is the worst idea or make it 10 affliction perma with -5 damage these seem pretty logical for now.
  Posted on January 11, 2011 at 11:19 PM
2 thumbs up
Floraish, The swift Spiker

Contribution: 124 (107 + 17)
Bloodletter Stab needs a 1 turn cd in my opinion. Also, Jun has probably already been brought up. He just needs a tad nerf. A 5 point deduction on Blind Spots initial and additional damage would be fine. Or maybe make Enrage a specific, but deal 5 more damage? In this case, Blond Spot's additional damage should be lowered by 10, making it 10.
  Posted on January 11, 2011 at 11:21 PM
1 thumbs up

elamento12 wrote:

Make it last one turn cause 20 infinite affliction plus -10 ranged is Op for a red and random plus prep cost nothing I think the problem is obvious with him. We can make it cost 2 red which is the worst idea or make it 10 affliction perma with -5 damage these seem pretty logical for now.

it did cost 2 red in the beta idk why it's a red and a random now
  Posted on January 11, 2011 at 11:23 PM
2 thumbs up
somgoozy, The inexperienced Sergeant of the Niiro

Contribution: 65 (55 + 10)
tadashi is op
as much as i love him, 50+arrow af of 10 is way too high
and a 25 aoe is beast
he just does too much damage(but im not gonna stop abusing him)
put lower his attacks alittle or put a cooldown on multishot bc it is too pwnsum
elamento12 wrote:

but keep in mind that it is his only attack
ive gone blind!!!!
rules of the internet and of life itself
(\\_/)
(O.o)
( >< )
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.
  Posted on January 11, 2011 at 11:35 PM
2 thumbs up
Bombader, The Respected Doctor of Santi

Contribution: 28 (24 + 4)
Removing charge from Focus sounds like a good idea, maybe you could toy with the idea of charges whenever he takes hits too later down the line if you feel like a rework.

He is capable of owning on his own, especially if not singled out first.
  Posted on January 11, 2011 at 11:45 PM
3 thumbs up
Trocadilho, Panda

Contribution: 82 (64 + 18)
Shoji also needs to be looked at. His skills are kind of confusing. Against Yume he is almost useless because she can almost stun him completely for three turns with the "waking dream" (I'm not sure if that it's the right name of the skill). Jinsey can also revert his only attack with cure and any character can stun or become invunerable and then the preparation for the attack (his only attack) is ruined. I'm not sure of what to do. Maybe he needs to be completely changed, maybe he just needs some changes in his skills, but one thing I'm sure: something MUST be done about him.
  Posted on January 12, 2011 at 4:17 AM
2 thumbs up
Kharl17, Prisoner

Contribution: 6 (4 + 2)
how about enrage dealing 20 damage to a single enemy, and charging 10

the defense should have a 1 more turn colddown, its almost imposible to kill it with a meele character (when both players have lost 2 characters)
  Posted on January 12, 2011 at 4:29 AM
2 thumbs up
Magick, Prisoner of the BETA

Contribution: 130 (112 + 18)
elamento12 wrote:

Jun is well OP as we all know.

My suggestion:

Focus cost one red or decrease the DR to 10 or last 3 turns.

Or not both

Enrage increase damage by 10 or 15 if you want to get extreme make Blind Spot deal 10 damage at the start maybe even zero.

Spoiler

Wana be a valued member of this debate

Jun is not OP... he just seems that way when you dont have many characters. He is easily beaten by ranged and affliction.

Although if anything was to change about him I would say to make his stacks grant +15 to blindspot instead of +20, just so ppl stop crying about him.

Never once has Jun been the first person I focus on a team nor the reason my team lost, I dont understand why people complain and cry OP

Jinsei Discussion/Strategy
  Posted on January 12, 2011 at 5:00 AM
2 thumbs up

Trocadilho wrote:

Shoji also needs to be looked at. His skills are kind of confusing. Against Yumi he is almost useless because she can almost stun him completely for three turns with the "waking dream" (I'm not sure if that it's the right name of the skill). Jinsey can also revert his only attack with cure and any character can stun or become invunerable and then the preparation for the attack (his only attack) is ruined. I'm not sure of what to do. Maybe he needs to be completely changed, maybe he just needs some changes in his skills, but one thing I'm sure: something MUST be done about him.

i agree shoji needs some sort of boost maybe his prep can deal a lil bit of damage like 5 damage a turn or something or like what someone else said by making it turn based instead of inf and be canceled out almost instintly
  Posted on January 12, 2011 at 5:29 AM
2 thumbs up
Bombader, The Respected Doctor of Santi

Contribution: 28 (24 + 4)
I'd actually try something more subtle, like Shoji's prep can't be stunned out on the first turn it's prepped, or can't be stunned but treated like a bleeding/kai affliction or something.

He is a character that works in theory, but stuns really hurt him. Has anyone tried him with sake?
  Posted on January 12, 2011 at 7:18 AM
2 thumbs up
Aexon-, The Untouchable Lackey of the Ancestors

Contribution: 97 (87 + 10)
tadashi deals too much damage

lower his multishot damage to 25 and cost to 1 just like asami's but he can deal 40 damage with hunter eye in effect which would still boost multishot damage by 15 but increase its cost by 1 random.