Topic: Balance Update 4.4 Proposal

There are no members reading this topic.

This topic was closed by Yuudai
  Posted on June 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Takeo, The Lost Shadow of the Moon

Contribution: 545 (483 + 62)
Lucaslost wrote:

Wohooo!
Finally a BU I can 100% agree with.
Good job balance squad ^-^
You get a thumbs up from me.

We're working hard to make sure everyone's opinions can be heard and we as well can pitch in our own ideas, while keeping actual statistics in mind.
Chase wrote:

Still, no minor PK nerf?

I like you. I almost got something going, but it was shot down. Don't worry, though, I made Yuudai promise me to keep an eye on PK along with GotW and caltrops (Whose percentages are creeping towards 60%).
Low wrote:

Warbanner of Offence:
Isn't that making things a bit drastic? People rely on items/skills combo to use WoO. With this update, there is a chance the usage on WoO will drop drastically.

While WoO may not be overpowered, WoO is the mastermind behind Jyouzu, Kunai, Shurikens, and Yukigaaru. Nerfing WoO like this will help to effectively bring down all four collectively, especially Yukigaaru.
  Posted on June 28, 2012 at 5:19 PM
itachi977, The Ambitious Hunter

Contribution: 71 (55 + 16)
Metsubishi should be left alone.
  Posted on June 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM
allanate, The Twisted Kid

Contribution: 925 (857 + 68)
the full heals are wayyyyyy to overpowered. maby make them heal and make them ignore there removed affliction for that turn

ex: health potion heals x amount and target ignores x affliction for x amount of turns
<Links><Spirit Kings Clan Profile>
<Other Stuff<Drizzy Fan #1><Tyler the Creator fan #1><OFWGKTA>

Sigy Credits to GUILTSS
  Posted on June 28, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Shooter94, The Respected Veteran

Contribution: 852 (747 + 105)
Tadao boost has no sense. I can give another examples to make him usable:

1. Glass Cutter heals Tadao for (insert number here)

2. Cursed Diamond instead of toggling once used changes into a healing skill.

3. Glass Cutter grants Tadao protector/melee dmg reduction of (insert number here) hit points.

Justice to the one referred to as the future mod! ~hot anonymous person
I am hot and anonymous too =]
  Posted on June 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Makoto_Ito, The Cheerful Lieutenant of the Kage

Contribution: 99 (93 + 6)
Great update on Tadao I guess (never used him but would be great for other members) However I am not happy about the 4th cooldown he will be eventually dead by than but like the items looks great.

great job on keeping up alive with those updates.
I will never give up, and fight through the end!

XXXXXX--> My alternative account <--XXXXXX
  Posted on June 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Chas3_Th3_Dr3am, Dreamer of the Ancestors

Contribution: 2,354 (2,097 + 257)
Nijime wrote:

Painkiller is only around 52%, even lower if I look at games with experienced players only.

I know PK's stats may not justify a nerf, but it heavily determines a win or a lost in most cases. Especially in a 1 vs 1 match. It completely shuts down an entire skill class and nearly all characters with an affliction skill do not have any normal (melee, ranged) ones.

The most common scenario is Tori vs an affliction user. If Tori have PK, that affliction character doesn’t even stand a chance now.
Check out my Soundcloud!

Rainbows, sunshine. Everywhere we go.
  Posted on June 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM
totozapper, The Insolent Warbringer

Contribution: 759 (695 + 64)
Chas3_Th3_Dr3am wrote:

(...)

I know PK's stats may not justify a nerf, but it heavily determines a win or a lost in most cases. Especially in a 1 vs 1 match. It completely shuts down an entire skill class and nearly all characters with an affliction skill do not have any normal (melee, ranged) ones.

The most common scenario is Tori vs an affliction user. If Tori have PK, that affliction character doesn’t even stand a chance now.

So maybe how should it be nerfed? Reduce the cooldown or the duration? If both were implemented, I shall give a thumb to the Balance Team.
Wonderful sig by Karab :3
  Posted on June 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Chas3_Th3_Dr3am, Dreamer of the Ancestors

Contribution: 2,354 (2,097 + 257)
totozapper wrote:

(...)

So maybe how should it be nerfed? Reduce the cooldown or the duration? If both were implemented, I shall give a thumb to the Balance Team.

Decrease the duration to 3, and maybe increase the cooldown to 5. Right now, it's: Use PK, wait until it wears off and invul, then use PK again.
Check out my Soundcloud!

Rainbows, sunshine. Everywhere we go.
  Posted on June 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM
totozapper, The Insolent Warbringer

Contribution: 759 (695 + 64)
So you mean that there's gonna be a gap of a turn in the middle, right?
Wonderful sig by Karab :3
  Posted on June 29, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Zadion, The Twisted Child of Death

Contribution: 1,077 (757 + 320)
Chas3_Th3_Dr3am wrote:

(...)

You make a great point, but what you forget is that it is the ONLY counter against affliction characters at this point in time, while affliction teams are still fairly popular. Even after the Ryu nerf, he's still a major threat to characters such as Jikkousu. Then there's Tori, Shoji, and Kurai. Medical package / potions are unreliable with their cooldowns, and only target one type of affliction. Furthermore, since it only protects one character, I feel PK is pretty balanced.

That said, I'd be 100% ok with a minor nerf - either increase the cooldown by 1 OR decrease the duration by 1. Not both though, for sure.

If anything, rather than nerfing PK, I think it'd be more interesting to see more characters that can remove drug afflictions in region 3. Right now, all we have is Yugana and Jatai, and neither of which are good swap characters.

hello, it's me. i was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
  Posted on June 29, 2012 at 4:44 AM
Mirroga, The Twisted Tactician

Contribution: 2,540 (2,265 + 275)
Yuudai wrote:

This is the proposal for balance update 4.4.

CHARACTERS

Kozan Tadao:
- Tadao cannot be killed by the damage from Cursed Diamond.

ITEMS

Warbanner of Offence:
- The melee and ranged damage increase is no longer activated by items. The damage increase does however still work on items.

Tanto:
- Deals piercing damage.

Metsubishi:
- Cooldown is increased to 4 turns, up from 3.

Large Medical Package:
- Fully heals the target.

Large Health Potion:
- Fully heals the target.

Let us know what you think!

I like the Tadao boost considering he's already hard enough to handle to even gain some good stacks.

Warbanner of Offense's nerf is a pretty good suggestion considering some people can easily activate WoO simply by having Kunai and Shuriken.

Tanto's suggestion is good.

As for Metsubishi, is it really above the 55% mark? If so, then the nerf is pretty good. If not, then leave it as it is.

As for the large healing packs, if they are underused or below 45%, i think the full heal is a good way to entice people to use them since they're basically one-time use with 2 random energy cost.
  Posted on June 29, 2012 at 5:06 AM
neviscus, The Stealthy Explorer

Contribution: 155 (137 + 18)
Tadao's boost should be good, really don't use him, but I see the sense in it.

Warbanner of Offence is a safe nerf. Any nerf on Yuki, shurikens or Kunai would be too much, in my opinion, and this should help them while still being a good item.

Tanto- so, so. I like it, I think the nature of the item doesn't allow for much in the way of boosting, so see how this works.

Metsubishi- one word.... FINALLY! I don't think an extra cooldown will make the item useless, I guess time will tell.

Large Healing Items- I just think the items are unattractive. I personally would rather use medium or small, much more cost effecient. Full heal might be an interesting idea.

And on the topic of Painkillers. Just an idea, but would wording it the following way be a possibility?

Painkiller

Energy required:

The holder affects one teammate with a Drug affliction disabling enemy affliction damage for 4 turns.

If you didn't notice the change, team member was changed to teammate, so the user cannot affect him/herself with it. In my opinion, It would still be viable by forcing affliction users to target a less dangerous foe, or risk losing damage.
Is this the coveted signiture zone!?!?!?

*insert something super witty*

Check out the first village of my custom region, Kahou Village
  Posted on June 29, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
OH.

And can you guys make sure you fix the bugs in this update? Like Vision of Death and whatnot...