Topic: Mafia Q&A

There are no members reading this topic.

  Posted on August 21, 2012 at 2:16 PM
#16
Nijime, Senior

Contribution: 840 (793 + 47)
Joined: June 13, 2012
No problem at all, that's what this topic is here for after all.

I've added [5.06] to answer your question.
[Official]Custom Character Contest #5

Create a new ninja of the Honoo clan.

The deadline for this contest is May 14th, 2014.
  Posted on August 21, 2012 at 4:16 PM
#17
Manjji-Puppet, The Manipulative Elite

Contribution: 1,285 (1,084 + 201)
Joined: February 19, 2010
Is each mafia member responsible for killing a person during the night phase, or must the mafia come to a single decision?

Also, during the day phase, are players able to chat in ways other than the thread? Or are pms, Skype and the rest not allowed during the day phase?

For You Zad.
My Skin Showcase
  Posted on August 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM
#18
Nijime, Senior

Contribution: 840 (793 + 47)
Joined: June 13, 2012
Manjji-Puppet wrote:

Is each mafia member responsible for killing a person during the night phase, or must the mafia come to a single decision?

Also, during the day phase, are players able to chat in ways other than the thread? Or are pms, Skype and the rest not allowed during the day phase?

I've added [1.05] and [1.06] to answer your questions.
[Official]Custom Character Contest #5

Create a new ninja of the Honoo clan.

The deadline for this contest is May 14th, 2014.
  Posted on August 28, 2012 at 5:32 PM
#19
Taylor, The Manipulative Tactician of the Darkness

Contribution: 1,189 (1,010 + 179)
Joined: February 19, 2010
I have a question: are you allowed to discuss the game with players that were already killed in the Mafia game you're playing, as long as that player does not reveal information to any external party nor gives you information that was considered confidential and that ceased to exist with their death?

(quite lengthy, I know, but I want to remove the damaging circumstances. xD)


Elevation - The Rise of the Mercenary
Show me the gold and I'll show you victory.
  Posted on August 29, 2012 at 8:56 AM
#20
Nijime, Senior

Contribution: 840 (793 + 47)
Joined: June 13, 2012
Taylor wrote:

I have a question: are you allowed to discuss the game with players that were already killed in the Mafia game you're playing, as long as that player does not reveal information to any external party nor gives you information that was considered confidential and that ceased to exist with their death?

(quite lengthy, I know, but I want to remove the damaging circumstances. xD)

Added [1.07] to answer your question.

Short answer is no. However, I realize that this is a rule I can never enforce. Players will always want to talk to their friends (who aren't playing) about the game and I can't very well stop them because they chat on MSN/Skype or whatever. So if a player who for instance was mafia - but got lynched - decides to chat about the game with a townie who's still in the game, I expect him to mostly listen to the townie's thoughts without giving comments or opinions on the game himself.

Also realize that when you talk about the game with someone who doesn't have any information about the game (because he didn't have any night-action or he didn't even play), you're taking away his chance to substitute into the game.
[Official]Custom Character Contest #5

Create a new ninja of the Honoo clan.

The deadline for this contest is May 14th, 2014.
  Posted on August 30, 2012 at 2:34 AM
#21
Taylor, The Manipulative Tactician of the Darkness

Contribution: 1,189 (1,010 + 179)
Joined: February 19, 2010
Nijime wrote:


(...)
Added [1.07] to answer your question.

Short answer is no. However, I realize that this is a rule I can never enforce. Players will always want to talk to their friends (who aren't playing) about the game and I can't very well stop them because they chat on MSN/Skype or whatever. So if a player who for instance was mafia - but got lynched - decides to chat about the game with a townie who's still in the game, I expect him to mostly listen to the townie's thoughts without giving comments or opinions on the game himself.

Also realize that when you talk about the game with someone who doesn't have any information about the game (because he didn't have any night-action or he didn't even play), you're taking away his chance to substitute into the game.


I see. Thankies. =]

I have another doubt with regards to communication: can a Mafia member communicate with his counterpart at night even after his death?


Elevation - The Rise of the Mercenary
Show me the gold and I'll show you victory.
  Posted on August 30, 2012 at 10:34 AM
#22
Nijime, Senior

Contribution: 840 (793 + 47)
Joined: June 13, 2012
Taylor wrote:

I have another doubt with regards to communication: can a Mafia member communicate with his counterpart at night even after his death?

Added question/answer [1.08]. :)
[Official]Custom Character Contest #5

Create a new ninja of the Honoo clan.

The deadline for this contest is May 14th, 2014.
  Posted on September 18, 2012 at 4:27 AM
#23
Aexon-, The Untouchable Lackey of the Ancestors

Contribution: 97 (87 + 10)
Joined: February 16, 2010
Does killing a power role prevent that power role from using his/her night action?
  Posted on September 18, 2012 at 8:40 AM
#24
Nijime, Senior

Contribution: 840 (793 + 47)
Joined: June 13, 2012
Aexon- wrote:

Does killing a power role prevent that power role from using his/her night action?

Answered in [1.09]. Thanks for your question.
[Official]Custom Character Contest #5

Create a new ninja of the Honoo clan.

The deadline for this contest is May 14th, 2014.
  Posted on October 9, 2012 at 1:45 PM
#25
Bernkastel, Fugitive

Contribution: 75 (62 + 13)
Joined: June 19, 2012
Will you be providing the prizes for each Mafia game? If you are, are hosts allowed to add additional prizes atop of the prizes you are supplying?
Long wrote:

To put it in context, (the regular prizes) are, I believe, 25 gold per player and an additional 25 gold for the winning party. Would a host be able to (using their own gold) be able to add additional gold for either the winning or losing part(y/ies) prizes? Or would that mean they'd have to provide the prizes for the entirety of it; you retracting your prize offerings.



Aside the questions, I'd like to make a suggestion.
I think you should place a limit on how long a game can remain open for applicants to sign-up. After a certain amount of time (a month or 4-5 weeks seems to be an appropriate course of time), the game could be placed at the end of the games lying in wait and the next game opened up for sign ups. I've noticed that some games (not just at the current), took too long to get signed up for and interest was lost in signing up for mafia games, so after a while, if interest is lost in a game, it would be rotated back and might spark interest when it later returns for sign ups.

The main part of my suggestion is the limiting of how long games can be open for sign ups.
I'd like to thank Mr Karab for such a wonderful siggie!
  Posted on October 9, 2012 at 1:57 PM
#26
teonaruto, The Respected Defender of Ninja Arts

Contribution: 508 (428 + 80)
Joined: February 26, 2010
Why if you have the userscript on, you can't post something on the first page of each topic unless it is a mafia game where you are participating?
Tobi wrote:

The moment people come to know love, they run the risk of carrying hate

...............................................
The wrote:

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

Ezio wrote:

To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic

War of Ninja- Less players, big family
  Posted on October 10, 2012 at 9:00 AM
#27
Nijime, Senior

Contribution: 840 (793 + 47)
Joined: June 13, 2012
Bernkastel wrote:

Will you be providing the prizes for each Mafia game? If you are, are hosts allowed to add additional prizes atop of the prizes you are supplying?

I added 5.07 to answer your question. The answer is: yes, you're allowed to add additional prizes. I will still hand out the regular prizes.
Bernkastel wrote:

Aside the questions, I'd like to make a suggestion.
I think you should place a limit on how long a game can remain open for applicants to sign-up. [...]

The main part of my suggestion is the limiting of how long games can be open for sign ups.

I'll keep your suggestion in mind.

teonaruto wrote:

Why if you have the userscript on, you can't post something on the first page of each topic unless it is a mafia game where you are participating?

That appears to be a bug, but I'm not going to fix it until the admins implement the new RPG-element to the game. My reason is that the RPG might bring some changes to the forums too, and I will probably have to edit the userscript after that update anyway.
For now, remember that Greasemonkey can be turned on or off with the click of a button.
[Official]Custom Character Contest #5

Create a new ninja of the Honoo clan.

The deadline for this contest is May 14th, 2014.
  Posted on May 5, 2013 at 5:07 PM
#28
sammysowners, The Untouchable Warbringer

Contribution: 388 (345 + 43)
Joined: March 7, 2010
What happens in a situation like this?

EXAMPLE
-------------------------

2 people vote person 1
1 person vote person 4
2 people vote person 2

as in a tie in votes....

EDIT: Is there a way to download the user scripts onto google chrome, it wont let me download it from the one topic you posted, if not, can you provide me with the browsers im able to use a userscript on?
  Posted on May 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM
#29
Theslimer3, The Innocent Kid of the BETA

Contribution: 333 (260 + 73)
Joined: February 24, 2010
It won't matter. The main case is whoever reaches the majority vote first is who is lynched
  Posted on June 28, 2013 at 3:40 PM
#30
Sakura-Chan-Ship, The Drunken Sister

Contribution: 625 (510 + 115)
Joined: February 16, 2010
@Dutch: How do I know the app is working? I've installed it and it says "activated" but I don't think it seems to work. I'm using Google Chrome.

<3 <3 <3 - Anon
The love is strong in this sig. <3