Topic: Mafia Q&A

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on July 14, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Ryu, Prisoner

Contribution: 470 (389 + 81)
sammysowners wrote:

What happens in a situation like this?

EXAMPLE
-------------------------

2 people vote person 1
1 person vote person 4
2 people vote person 2

as in a tie in votes....

EDIT: Is there a way to download the user scripts onto google chrome, it wont let me download it from the one topic you posted, if not, can you provide me with the browsers im able to use a userscript on?

If there's a tie in votes then it results in a no lynch. A game can have 1 of 2 lynch conditions. 1: Whoever has most votes at days end is lynched. 2: Whoever reaches majority votes is lynched, otherwise there is no lynch at days end. majority votes is players alive, divided by 2, +1. So majority votes of 8 alive is 8/2+1, which is 5. Majority votes of 9 alive is 9/2+1, which is 5.5(rounded down to 5).

The MafiaScript works on both FF and Chrome. Download Here.
Theslimer3 wrote:

It won't matter. The main case is whoever reaches the majority vote first is who is lynched

He was asking about a vote tie, your answer is irrelevant, I think you misunderstood. In his question, 2 players had 2 votes at days end, nobody reached majority votes. In the case of a tie at days end, the result is a no lynch.
Sakura-Chan-Ship wrote:

@Dutch: How do I know the app is working? I've installed it and it says "activated" but I don't think it seems to work. I'm using Google Chrome.

MafiaScript Guide
  Posted on July 14, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Theslimer3, The Innocent Kid of the BETA

Contribution: 333 (260 + 73)
No, I meant what he meant.

Scenario:
Theslimer3 has 4 votes and Ryu has 3 votes.

It takes 5 votes to lynch.
Let's say Nijime votes for Ryu. Since I reached 4 first, I would be lynched.

That's what I meant by that
  Posted on July 14, 2013 at 4:21 AM
Ryu, Prisoner

Theslimer3 wrote:

No, I meant what he meant.

Scenario:
Theslimer3 has 4 votes and Ryu has 3 votes.

It takes 5 votes to lynch.
Let's say Nijime votes for Ryu. Since I reached 4 first, I would be lynched.

That's what I meant by that

Huh? His scenario involves 5 people, which means it takes 3 to lynch. He was asking what if the day ended with 2 people having 2 votes. If the gamerule is "Most votes at days end gets lynched" then it would result in a no lynch since they are tied. if gamerule is "Player who reaches majority votes is lynched" then neither gets lynched since they didn't reach 3 votes(3 is majority of 5).
  Posted on July 14, 2013 at 5:01 AM
Theslimer3, The Innocent Kid of the BETA

Contribution: 333 (260 + 73)
Ryu wrote:

(...)
Huh? His scenario involves 5 people, which means it takes 3 to lynch. He was asking what if the day ended with 2 people having 2 votes. If the gamerule is "Most votes at days end gets lynched" then it would result in a no lynch since they are tied. if gamerule is "Player who reaches majority votes is lynched" then neither gets lynched since they didn't reach 3 votes(3 is majority of 5).

I don't think you're getting me xD

I used 5, sorry about that.
I'll walk the scenario through step by step then
RagicanoX wrote:

Vote: Ryu

Ryu - 1
Taylor wrote:

Vote: Theslimer3

Ryu - 1, Theslimer3 - 1
Theslimer3 wrote:

Vote: Ryu

Ryu - 2, Theslimer3 - 1
Ryu wrote:

Vote: Theslimer3

Ryu - 2, Theslimer3 - 2

Here we have the presented scenario, where we both have 2 votes and it takes 3 to lynch.
Now, since I voted you and made you get to 2 before you got to 2, that locks you in as you being the one to get lynched unless someone else votes up to 3.

You voted me, but you were too late. I already got you to the vote 2, thus you are going to be the one we lynch.

A better way to think of it is if L-0 (0 more votes are needed to lynch) is not reached by the deadline, L-1 (1 more vote is needed to lynch) is the lynch. So whoever made it to L-1 first is the one who is lynched. And so it goes farther and farther down.

HOWEVER, the mod has the final sayso in the lynch either way. If the mod says that it's a nolynch, it's a nolynch. Hell, he can kill someone who has no votes if he wants. (horrible example)

The principle resolves around majority vs whole, just as a democracy would be. Everyone doesn't agree, so the majority wins. If the Majority is tied, the first to make that decision is carried.

That better?
  Posted on July 14, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Ryu, Prisoner

Theslimer3 wrote:

(...)I don't think you're getting me xD

I used 5, sorry about that.
I'll walk the scenario through step by step then

(...)
Ryu - 1

(...)
Ryu - 1, Theslimer3 - 1

(...)
Ryu - 2, Theslimer3 - 1

(...)
Ryu - 2, Theslimer3 - 2

Here we have the presented scenario, where we both have 2 votes and it takes 3 to lynch.
Now, since I voted you and made you get to 2 before you got to 2, that locks you in as you being the one to get lynched unless someone else votes up to 3.

You voted me, but you were too late. I already got you to the vote 2, thus you are going to be the one we lynch.

A better way to think of it is if L-0 (0 more votes are needed to lynch) is not reached by the deadline, L-1 (1 more vote is needed to lynch) is the lynch. So whoever made it to L-1 first is the one who is lynched. And so it goes farther and farther down.

HOWEVER, the mod has the final sayso in the lynch either way. If the mod says that it's a nolynch, it's a nolynch. Hell, he can kill someone who has no votes if he wants. (horrible example)

The principle resolves around majority vs whole, just as a democracy would be. Everyone doesn't agree, so the majority wins. If the Majority is tied, the first to make that decision is carried.

That better?

I get what you're saying, you're just not reading what I'm saying. The situation you're describing doesn't exist. At the start of the game the host will say the lynch gamerule, which is either majority votes, or most votes. There has never been a WoN mafia game to my knowledge where the host used "Most votes results in a lynch, in a case of a tie, whoever reached those amount of votes first gets lynched.".

Either way, to say it in a way where neither is wrong, the results in the case of a tie are up to the game host. I might add a lynch type class to the game registration form, so hosts can specify that gamerule.