Topic: [Idea] Lord of the Castle

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on September 25, 2012 6:40 AM
4 thumbs up
Nelo_Angelo1, The Twisted Inferno

Contribution: 307 (245 + 62)
This is something I was thinking about a few days ago. I finally came up with a rough draft of how it all works. This is basically a new type of ladder. It would be based on the Tournament Support, but also have its own agenda. There are three stages with this idea which I haven't found the right name for yet, but I will just name them to something simple.

Alpha Stage: This stage is for all players who participated in the daily tournaments. In order for a player to succeed into the Beta Stage, they must win a certain # of tournaments and complete the ingame missions required.

Beta Stage: This stage is for those who has passed the Alpha Stage. In this stage, there will be ingame prerequisites or missions in which the players from Alpha Stage has to complete in order to head into the Omega Stage. The 1st 5 players who completes all the prerequisites in this stage will be titled as Castle Guardians, and all will automatically be placed into the Omega Stage.

Omega Stage: This is the final stage of my idea. The five players who completed the Beta Stage must then face an A.I. The 1st person to defeat this A.I will automatically be crowned as Lord of the Castle. The remaining four will be crowned as Castle Guardians and will no longer be able to to fight for the Lord of the Castle title unless they give up their seat to a chosen member. The A.I will act as a sort of Phantom, or Ghost, and not as an official character. So it could have a combination of 4 of the strongest skills chosen from WoN's strongest characters, or just something that is newly created. (But it would be nice having a Phantom of WoN.)
  Posted on September 25, 2012 6:42 AM
2 thumbs up

There are major rules and rewards to this. I will start with the rules.

Alpha Stage

- The Number of participants who can enter this stage are infinite so long as that player has all the prerequisites required.

Beta Stage:

- Each Castle Guardian must be active atleast 3 days a week in order to keep their title. If they fail to do so, they will be automatically stripped from their title, and the 1st member from the Alpha stage to complete all requirements will be placed as the new Castle Guardian.

- All Castle Guardians are not allowed to enter Daily Tournaments.

- All Castle Guardians are allowed to manage their gold.

- Each Castle Guardian may step down from their title at any time. If this happens, only the Lord of the Castle may appoint their new Castle Guardian. If there is no Lord of the Castle, then the 1st player from the Alpha Stage who has completed all requirements will be automatically placed as the new Castle Guardian. Then, the Castle Guardian with the most Prestige will be automatically placed as the new Lord of the Castle.

- The title of Castle Guardian may be challenged by any member who has completed the Alpha Stage. Because they may be a high number of players who has completed that stage, there will be a list or signup option. The Castle Guardian being challenged must accept each request starting from the 1st person who signed up until the last. They will be given 1 week to do so, and if they fail they will be dropped from their title, and the 1st person who has signed up to challenge that Castle Guardian will be entitled as the new Castle Guardian.

- If a Castle Guardian is defeated before each player on the signup list gets a chance to face him, then they will face the new Castle Guardian and their signup number will be bumped up by 1.

Omega Stage:

- The Lord of the Castle must be active atleast 3 days a week in order to keep their title. If they fail to do so, they will be automatically stripped from their title, and a member from the The Castle Guardians will be randomly chosen to take their spot.

- The Lord of the Castle cannot enter Daily Tournaments.

- The Lord of the Castle cannot manage their gold. (They cannot send nor receive gold from players)

- The Lord of the Castle may step down from their title at any time. If this happens, a member from the Castle Guardians will be randomly chosen to fulfill that spot. Then, a member from the Castle Guardians must choose their next ally to help protect the Lord of the Castle.

- The title of Lord of the Castle may only be challenged by a member from the Castles Guardians. This means that only the protectors of the Lord may challenge him or her for their spot. If this was to happen, the Guardian and the Lord would have a battle that would be 3/5. The winning player will be crowned Lord of the Castle, and the losing player would be automatically placed before the Alpha Stage.
  Posted on September 25, 2012 6:43 AM

Now for the rewards of being titled with the above.

Lord of the Castle:
- Gains 10 additional gold from all ingame based ladder victories.
- Gains 100 additional exp from all ingame based ladder victories.
- Gains 100 additional clan exp from all ingame based ladder
- Gains 25 gold each time a member from the Castle Guardians wins an ingame based ladder victory.
- Loses 50 less exp from all ingame based ladder loses.
- Loses 50 less clan exp from all ingame based ladder loses.

Castle Guardians
- Gains 5 additional gold from all ingame based ladder victories.
- Gains 50 additional exp from all ingame based ladder victories.
- Gains 50 additional clan exp from all ingame based ladder victories.
- Gains 15 gold each time the Lord of the Castle wins an ingame based ladder victory.

This is sorta a summary of how it all works. I was going to draw an outline of how it would look so the picture could explain more than these posts, but I don't have the tools atm. Some of the rewards might be a little to much. Considering the new client we're getting aswell as future improvements then some stuff can be changed to work around the exp our characters get for additional skills. I may have missed some things, but if it sounds off in some areas let me know.
  Posted on September 25, 2012 7:04 AM
edwinas5524, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Nobles

Contribution: 2,250 (2,055 + 195)
I think if I like this idea many prople will dislike it...
  Posted on September 25, 2012 8:07 AM
2 thumbs up
Low, The Manipulative Elite

Contribution: 3,941 (3,645 + 296)
This is a fairly good idea. It would compel people to participate more in the tournaments. + any sort of competition among players will be a huge boost to anything.
  Posted on September 25, 2012 2:50 PM
2 thumbs up
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,417 (1,226 + 191)
This is pretty cool!

I like the rewards most of all >:3
  Posted on September 26, 2012 7:26 PM

Well the idea was mainly to create more competition which would persuade players to ingame more. The rewards were just an additive.
  Posted on October 3, 2012 1:00 PM
1 thumbs up
Low, The Manipulative Elite

Contribution: 3,941 (3,645 + 296)
Bump~ I would like the community to share opinions of this idea, talk about it some more.
  Posted on October 30, 2012 12:19 AM
darkbattalion666, The Commanding General of the Military

Contribution: 148 (128 + 20)
I find that it does not make sense that a more experienced player should gain more experience (and gold) for their victories. This application would be unnecessary and disadvantageous to most players.

Also, you spell at least "atleast" multiple times in your texts.

Posted on December 24, 2012 12:55 AM

Well this isn't an essay for English 101, so I don't think its too much of a problem for a few errors in my context. I also don't understand why you disagree. Knights and Paladins are rewarded fine privileges and additions for their hard work, and since this is almost similar to the feudal ages I followed past examples. Its not like I'm saying give free experience and more gold to a particular player, that player works their way to the top just like any other ladder.

Also Bumped

Still would love this.