Topic: Need A New T.V. Show To Watch?

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on January 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Contribution: 3,492 (3,159 + 333)
Welcome to WoN's Tv thread!!!

Basically, I keep running out of shows to watch, and it takes ages to find a new one. So I said I'd make this thread where people can post the name of a Tv series and a short (100-300 words) review/synopsis along with a /10 rating.

Don't be afraid to give your own review of a series, even if it's already been posted by somebody else, after all, everyone has different opinions.
Post wrote:

Name of the Show:
Number of Seasons:
Ongoing [yes/no]:
Review/Synopsis:
Rating:

-----------germ---------another germ---------------
-----------GERMS ALL OVER THE PLACE---------
Oh Look at that, looks like there's SO MANY MOD GERMS
Okay, who the flower's the smartass

Now THAT's just being a precious flower.

I am going to slam a lovely rainbow flower into your beautiful face you flower
  Posted on January 18, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Reviews

Misfits
Number of Seasons: 4
Ongoing: Yes
Review/Synopsis: Misfits follows the lives of 5 youths on probation in England after a freak storm grants them superpowers. The series is at it's best in Seasons 1 and 4, with 2 and 3 being a bit jumbled and at odds with the humour of the show. The show is really quirky and enjoyable and blends sitcom elements with serious drama.
Rating: 6/10 (10/10 for Season 1)

Supernatural
Number of Seasons: 8
Review/Sysnopsis: Supernatural follows the lives of sibling monster hunters, Sam and Dean. The show starts with very self involved episodes, with a larger storyline only hinted at. However, by Season 4 the episodes are all parts of larger, 2-3 season arcs. Some may find the heavy Judaic/Satanic religious influences offensive.
Rating: 9/10

Teen Wolf
Number of Seasons: 2
Review/Sysnopsis: Teen Wolf is a spiritual remake of the 1980's Micheal J. Fox movie by the same name. The story follows the life of High School nobody Scott McAll as his life is transformed by the bite of a werewolf. The writing is a bit odd, occassionally seeming like inspired genius, while at others seemingly written by monkeys with crayons. It's worth watching as the characters are truly enjoyable and, true to MTV style, ridiculously hot.
Rating: 7/10

Twin Peaks ~Suggested by Ein
Ongoing [yes/no]: Sadly, no.
Review/Synopsis: Twin Peaks is an American television serial drama created by David Lynch and Mark Frost. The series follows an investigation, headed by FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper, into the murder of homecoming queen Laura Palmer. Twin Peaks became one of the top-rated shows of 1990 and was a critical success both nationally and internationally. It captured a devoted cult fan base and became a part of popular culture (I don't feel like writing an actual review)
Genre: Twin Peaks is consistent with David Lynch's work as a whole in that it is not easily placed within an established genre. Its unsettling tone and supernatural features are consistent with horror films, but its campy, melodramatic portrayal of quirky characters engaged in morally dubious activities reflects a bizarrely comical parody of American soap operas.
Rating: 10/10, my favorite TV show

Name of the Show: My Family ~Suggested by Bughead10
Number of Seasons: 11
Ongoing [yes/no]: no
Review/Synopsis: A comedy about a dysfunctional English family. In my opinion, it is one of the greatest comedies I've ever watched and while it does lose a bit of charm when Kris Marshall left, it is still a brilliant series until it ends.

Name of the Show: The IT Crowd ~Suggested by Bughead10
Review/Synopsis: the show revolves around the three staff members of its IT department: a geeky genius named Maurice Moss , the workshy Roy Trenneman, and Jen Barber, the department head/Relationship Manager, who knows nothing about IT. The show also focuses on the bosses of Reynholm Industries: Denholm Reynholm and his son Douglas.
Rating:10/10

Name of the Show: Warehouse 13 ~Suggested by Bughead10
Ongoing [yes/no]: Yes
Review/Synopsis: 2 FBI members are transferred to Warehouse 13, a secret government warehouse for supernatural objects. Their task is to track down artifacts that pose a threat to the world.

Name of the Show: Monk ~Suggested by Bughead10
Number of Seasons: 6
Ongoing [yes/no]: No
Review/Synopsis: Detective Comedy about a detective with extreme OCD and phobias who solves cases that no one else can solve.
Rating: 8/10

Name of the Show: Psych ~Suggested by Bughead10
Review/Synopsis: A detective comedy about a layabout with extreme observational skills who pretends to be psychic to work for the police department and catch criminals.

Posted on January 18, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Reserved for Reviews

Posted on January 18, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Ein, The Crystal Fire of the Red Dawn

Contribution: 821 (713 + 108)
Name of the Show: Twin Peaks

Ongoing [yes/no]: Sadly, no.

Review/Synopsis: Twin Peaks is an American television serial drama created by David Lynch and Mark Frost. The series follows an investigation, headed by FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper, into the murder of homecoming queen Laura Palmer. Twin Peaks became one of the top-rated shows of 1990 and was a critical success both nationally and internationally. It captured a devoted cult fan base and became a part of popular culture (I don't feel like writing an actual review)

Genre: Twin Peaks is consistent with David Lynch's work as a whole in that it is not easily placed within an established genre. Its unsettling tone and supernatural features are consistent with horror films, but its campy, melodramatic portrayal of quirky characters engaged in morally dubious activities reflects a bizarrely comical parody of American soap operas.

Rating: 10/10, my favorite TV show
My last.fm profile.
Albums I've been digging recently:
Trophy Scars - Holy Vacants
The Gaslight Anthem - Get Hurt
Joyce Manor - Never Hungover Again

Posted on January 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Thank you for the input, added to the list

Posted on January 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM
bughead10, The Black Kid of Death

Contribution: 899 (712 + 187)
Name of the Show: My Family
Number of Seasons: 11
Review/Synopsis: A comedy about a dysfunctional English family. In my opinion, it is one of the greatest comedies I've ever watched and while it does lose a bit of charm when Kris Marshall left, it is still a brilliant series until it ends.

Name of the Show: The IT Crowd
Review/Synopsis: the show revolves around the three staff members of its IT department: a geeky genius named Maurice Moss , the workshy Roy Trenneman, and Jen Barber, the department head/Relationship Manager, who knows nothing about IT. The show also focuses on the bosses of Reynholm Industries: Denholm Reynholm and his son Douglas.
Rating:10/10

Name of the Show: Warehouse 13
Review/Synopsis: 2 FBI members are transferred to Warehouse 13, a secret government warehouse for supernatural objects. Their task is to track down artifacts that pose a threat to the world.

Name of the Show: Monk
Ongoing [yes/no]: No
Review/Synopsis: Detective Comedy about a detective with extreme OCD and phobias who solves cases that no one else can solve.

Name of the Show: Psych
Review/Synopsis: A detective comedy about a layabout with extreme observational skills who pretends to be psychic to work for the police department and catch criminals.

I can't think of any others off the top of my head that aren't anime. (Also, my descriptions suck )
  Posted on January 20, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Ein, The Crystal Fire of the Red Dawn

Contribution: 821 (713 + 108)
Name of the Show: Dexter
Number of Seasons: 7
Review/Synopsis: Dexter is an American television drama series which debuted on Showtime on October 1, 2006. The series centers on Dexter Morgan, a blood spatter pattern analyst for the fictional Miami Metro Police Department (based on the real life Miami-Dade Police Department) who also leads a secret life as a serial killer.
My last.fm profile.
Albums I've been digging recently:
Trophy Scars - Holy Vacants
The Gaslight Anthem - Get Hurt
Joyce Manor - Never Hungover Again

Posted on August 17, 2013 at 8:54 PM
TediMoci, The Respected Tiger of the Ancestors

Contribution: 402 (284 + 118)
Name of the Show: Sherlock
Number of Seasons: 2 (3rd season is being produced)
Review/Synopsis: Sherlock is a British television crime drama that presents a contemporary update of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes detective stories. It depicts "consulting detective" Holmes, assisting the Metropolitan Police Service, primarily Detective Inspector Greg Lestrade, in solving various crimes. Holmes is assisted by his flatmate, Dr John Watson, who has returned from military service in Afghanistan.

Name of the Show: Castle
Number of Seasons: 5 (6th season debuts on September)
Review/Synopsis: After a serial killer imitates the plots of his novels, successful mystery novelist Richard "Rick" Castle gets permission from the Mayor of New York City to tag along with an NYPD homicide investigation team for research purposes.
  Posted on March 8, 2014 at 1:46 AM
Darkamante, The Lost Demon

Contribution: 677 (596 + 81)
Just pointing out that your teen wolf should be revised, there are 3 seasons right now and if you found it to be a 7 at season 2 (which /I gave a pity 6) now it might got a higher grade (for it's a 7 now)

My pick:

Name of the Show: Weeds
Number of Seasons: 8
Review/Synopsis:Preety good humor, pretty interesting situations but one sided and kind of extreme, you either relate to one of the characters and go for it or you will probably find it a little dull.

Family drama/+13/14 humor ? (Don't know how to rate it, it's the kind of humor that company label +18 but we all laugh at it since we are teens)

Mom of 2 boys sells pot to make a living.

Rating: I would much rather give it a season to season grade, but it's a overall 7/10 with a "O.K. ending" if you have a lot of free time it's worth ir. If you looking for THE SERIE to fall in love with, this may not be it...
Don't mind me, just trying to reach #1 in the achievement ladder...

Zezima's second best player sponsored by Zezima Bank Inc.
Spoiler

I'm not playing this for now...sorry