Topic: Iron Man 3

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on April 28, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Contribution: 3,492 (3,159 + 333)
Saw this a few days ago with a bunch of friends.

Personally I really liked all the little references, homages and hints that tied it in with the other recent marvel films.
However some of my friends didn't like the way the story was written, and I can kind of see their point.

SO what do you think about Iron Man 3?
Are you excited to see it?

Don't forget to use spoiler tags if you post plot points
-----------germ---------another germ---------------
-----------GERMS ALL OVER THE PLACE---------
Oh Look at that, looks like there's SO MANY MOD GERMS
Okay, who the flower's the smartass

Now THAT's just being a precious flower.

I am going to slam a lovely rainbow flower into your beautiful face you flower
  Posted on April 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Encore, The Demonic Elite

Contribution: 1,703 (1,379 + 324)
It wasn't as epic as i hoped it would be. I got 90% of the references, especially the home alone one, i think i was the only one out of my group that understood it.

The action and special effects were great, but the climax wasn't as big of a climax as i would have hoped it would have been.
Spoiler

The story could have been better. It was the same old damsel in distress thing, which has been made so many times.

I would give it a 7/10. Tbh, im still more excited and hyped for fast and furious 6 than i ever was for iron man 3.
jeremiah gottwald 50% man 50% machine. 2000% loyalty

''Anything is possible'' - Yuudai. Hana X Tadashi confirmed 2013.
  Posted on April 28, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Encore wrote:

It wasn't as epic as i hoped it would be. I got 90% of the references, especially the home alone one, i think i was the only one out of my group that understood it.

The action and special effects were great, but the climax wasn't as big of a climax as i would have hoped it would have been.

Spoiler

The story could have been better. It was the same old damsel in distress thing, which has been made so many times.

I would give it a 7/10. Tbh, im still more excited and hyped for fast and furious 6 than i ever was for iron man 3.

Huh, I missed the HA reference, where was that?
Spoiler

I kinda think the climax was more realistic than epic. I mean when you have 41 times the strength you've ever had before, even tough enemies kinda wilt

Posted on April 28, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Encore, The Demonic Elite

Contribution: 1,703 (1,379 + 324)
Karab wrote:

(...)

Huh, I missed the HA reference, where was that?

Spoiler

I kinda think the climax was more realistic than epic. I mean when you have 41 times the strength you've ever had before, even tough enemies kinda wilt

This isn't much of a spoiler, but when he was signign that kids picture, he says ''I really liked your Christmas movies''. He looked a lot like the kid from home alone.
jeremiah gottwald 50% man 50% machine. 2000% loyalty

''Anything is possible'' - Yuudai. Hana X Tadashi confirmed 2013.
  Posted on April 29, 2013 at 6:55 AM
danahachai, The Trueborn Savior

Contribution: 646 (562 + 84)
I think Tony Stark had a bit too much free time on his hands.

I was excited to see it, but I thought it was eh. I sort of liked how they tied in The Avengers though.

Ta da~!
  Posted on May 2, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Johnny(TM), The Untouchable Veteran

Contribution: 1,142 (856 + 286)
You know the trailer was a lie, if you liked it you might not like the movie. The plot was terrible, the jokes were good I think, and for the battles... well...

You see half way in the movie we had this plot twist, which kinda destroyed the mood we had after that. While the directing of the last battle was good, I didn't care too much about it. We had those robots from the trailers, but most of them only had 1 scene if not less, which is also a letdown.

IMO wait until they put this film on TV, and save your money for another one. However if you are not the comics guy, you might like it just for the jokes.
  Posted on May 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
Please Iron Man 3, please come out for me to see!

PLEASE!!!!
  Posted on May 5, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Johnny(TM), The Untouchable Veteran

Contribution: 1,142 (856 + 286)
RagicanoX wrote:

Please Iron Man 3, please come out for me to see!

PLEASE!!!!

I'll be interested about your opinion once you saw it. You are really going to watch it in the movie?
  Posted on May 17, 2013 at 8:57 PM
rurudo66, Hunter of Hanto

Contribution: 1,476 (1,274 + 202)
I thought the movie was amazing. I loved everything about it.
Spoiler

At first, I was disappointed that I didn't actually get to see the Mandarin and that made me kind of angry with the movie, but then when I thought about it I realized how great a plot twist that really was.

Epicurus wrote:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Marcus wrote:

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Posted on May 17, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Hikaru, Professor

Contribution: 2,375 (2,097 + 278)
I liked it better than Iron Man 2, but it was yet again horrible plot-wise. Shiny effects alone can't fully make up for that.
  Posted on May 17, 2013 at 9:25 PM
michael314, Swordsman of the Ancestors

Contribution: 8 (8 + 0)
The whole thing with the Mandarin really, really disappointed me. :<
By the way, that was a reference to A Christmas Story, not Home Alone.
I liked the ending battle, and I don't really have a discerning eye for the terrible plot everyone thinks it has, so I thought it was a good movie.
  Posted on May 17, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Ninja_of_Cloud, The Drunken Saint

Contribution: 151 (120 + 31)
Encore wrote:

(...)

This isn't much of a spoiler, but when he was signign that kids picture, he says ''I really liked your Christmas movies''. He looked a lot like the kid from home alone.

That was a Christmas Story reference, not a Home Alone reference.

Personally, I think Iron Man 3 was the best of the series. It had an interesting and unexpected plot, it fit perfectly into the overall Avengers universe, and most importantly it did something interesting with the characters and their development.

I was slightly disappointed that the actual "Iron Man" fight scenes were few and far between, but that's kind of the point.
  Posted on May 17, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

I don't know, I kinda felt that the Operation House Party Tribute made up for the lack of fights throughout (It's from like 1970, I think even during the original version of the extremis story)

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
Johnny(TM) wrote:

(...)
I'll be interested about your opinion once you saw it. You are really going to watch it in the movie?

Watched Iron Man 3, I loved it. Hypothetical thumbs up to Rurudo!