Topic: Arrow Season One Discussion and Season Two Predictions

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on May 18, 2013 at 5:04 AM
rurudo66, Hunter of Hanto

Contribution: 1,476 (1,274 + 202)
I'm not sure if anyone else on this site watched the awesome new CW show Arrow over the past few months, but let me tell you, it is worth the watch. It is about the DC character Green Arrow. It took the show a little while to get into it's groove in its first season, but once it did I really started to fall in love with it. There were some episodes where I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, and all of the characters are brilliant. The acting can be a little bad at times, especially in the beginning, but towards the middle and the end of the show there are some very well acted and emotional scenes. I actually cried a little during the season finale.

Which brings me to the next part of my post: looking forward to next season. If you have not watched the first season, stop reading now. This will be the bulk of my post, so I don't want to put it in spoiler tags, but it will contain spoilers, so if you're not okay with that, stop now.

So, the season finale leaves a lot up in the air. We have Moira in cuffs and on her way to jail, we have Detective Lance suspended for working with the vigilante(though, in light of the events of the finale, he may be reinstated), we have Tommy possibly dead(you'll see why I say "possibly" soon), we have Malcolm possibly dead, and now Felicity's involvement with the Hood is known to Lance, and a large portion of the Glades is leveled. On the island, we have both Fyers and Yao-Fei dead, and our three heroes stranded and alone.

So, what will the next season bring? Will Lance act on his knowledge about Felicity, or will he ignore it because she and Oliver helped to try and stop the Undertaking? Also, we are sure to see the Huntress and Deadshot return at some point, and I would not doubt that The Count will make a comeback as well. Maybe this time he'll actually escape and come after Oliver with a vengeance. China White is still out in the world as well, so I'm sure we'll see her too. Of course, there will be a variety of new villains, and I see a potential Big Bad in the form of the woman that Fyers reported to at one point. I also see the possibility of Shado or Slade showing up in the present. Perhaps one of the made it off the island at some point before or after Oliver did. Next, I think it's possible Tommy might not be dead, although, since he seems to mostly have forgiven Oliver it is unlikely. When it was first shown that Malcolm was the Dark Archer, I forsaw a Harry Osbourn style plot where Oliver kills Malcolm and Tommy takes up the DA mantle to get revenge, and this seemed to be what they were moving towards when they had Tommy see Oliver with Laurel. It would have been just one more thing to motivate him to kill Oliver. However, after the finale this outcome is unlikely. I'm very intrigued to see what will happen with Roy(for those that don't know, in the comics Roy Harper is Green Arrow's sidekick Speedy). Will he find the Hood and become Speedy in the next season, or is that further in the future? Or course, there will be a lot of internal strife for Oliver because he failed to stop the Undertaking and allowed Tommy to die. Before, he was ready to give up the Hood when he stopped Malcolm, but now that he has failed I think he will continue to work as the Hood in order to atone for his mistakes, which could also put a halt on his relationship with Laurel(come on, did you really think it would be that easy for the two of them to get together?).

Whatever the case, I cannot wait for the fall to see the second season of this show. What did you guys think of the first season? What are your predictions and hopes for season two? Any villains you hope to see? Any character relationships you want to see more of?
Epicurus wrote:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Marcus wrote:

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Posted on May 18, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Nori, Wolf of the Seishin

Contribution: 2,123 (1,747 + 376)
They ruined Deathstroke, I struggle to enjoy this series knowing that.

Big thanks to JoeTurtle for this one^^

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Not sure who Akatsuki is? Check out the Akatsuki Clan Topic!
  Posted on May 18, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Encore, The Demonic Elite

Contribution: 1,703 (1,379 + 324)
I kind of like the series. I agree with nori, about what they did with him, they could have done soo much better. I have still yet to see the last 3 episodes, probably going to watch em today. Ill give more input when i have d:
jeremiah gottwald 50% man 50% machine. 2000% loyalty

''Anything is possible'' - Yuudai. Hana X Tadashi confirmed 2013.
  Posted on May 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Nori wrote:

They ruined Deathstroke, I struggle to enjoy this series knowing that.

Explain. I didn't read the comics so I had no real expectations going into the show. I really like Slade, personally. I think he's a really cool character and a really good mentor for young Oliver.
Epicurus wrote:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Marcus wrote:

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Posted on May 19, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Well to start with, he's a one eyed villian who opposes Green Arrow on many occasions. Secondly, he is not part of some magical mercenary group who all dress in the same colours, he was a military experiment which gave him superhuman abilities.

Whereas in Arrow, he's some mercenary dude who is pretty cool and doesn't afraid of anything. Quite a step down.

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Posted on May 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Contribution: 3,492 (3,159 + 333)
Nori wrote:

Well to start with, he's a one eyed villian who opposes Green Arrow on many occasions. Secondly, he is not part of some magical mercenary group who all dress in the same colours, he was a military experiment which gave him superhuman abilities.

Whereas in Arrow, he's some mercenary dude who is pretty cool and doesn't afraid of anything. Quite a step down.

I don't know, all we've been given of Deathstroke/Slade so far is that
a: They're two seperate people for some reason
b: They're australian
c: They didn't have experiments done on them before 5 years ago, though you must remember, Wintergreen was stabbed through the eye and wasn't confirmed as dead. In the comics Slade/Deathstroke is missing that eye, and this would be the perfect opportunity to experiment on the near dead Wintergreen, allowing him to recuperate just in time for season 2.
-----------germ---------another germ---------------
-----------GERMS ALL OVER THE PLACE---------
Oh Look at that, looks like there's SO MANY MOD GERMS
Okay, who the flower's the smartass

Now THAT's just being a precious flower.

I am going to slam a lovely rainbow flower into your beautiful face you flower
  Posted on May 19, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Karab wrote:

(...)

I don't know, all we've been given of Deathstroke/Slade so far is that
a: They're two seperate people for some reason
b: They're australian
c: They didn't have experiments done on them before 5 years ago, though you must remember, Wintergreen was stabbed through the eye and wasn't confirmed as dead. In the comics Slade/Deathstroke is missing that eye, and this would be the perfect opportunity to experiment on the near dead Wintergreen, allowing him to recuperate just in time for season 2.

Yeah, with Fyers gone there's definitely a lot of room for some new and old villains on the island. Deadshot was shot in the eye with an arrow and somehow managed to survive, so it's not impossible that Wintergreen could also be alive. Plus, there's the possibility that Slade comes back in the present as a villain for some reason and has had some experimenting done on him. That would be cool, because they could bring back Wintergreen on the island so that when Deathstroke appears in the present we think it is going to be him, but when the mask comes off it's Slade and we have to have some kind of explanation as to why he's out to kill Oliver.
Epicurus wrote:

Marcus wrote:

Posted on May 19, 2013 at 11:48 PM
MitzT, Smoker of the Winter

Contribution: 629 (529 + 100)
I haven't read the comics either, but I must say I am fascinated by this series.

I don't know about Deathstroke / Slade, but I thought he was a pretty cool character. Though I'd have to say I'm more interested in what Shadow is going to bring in for season 2.

Also I'm really interested in the Hood + Detective Lance relationship in Season 2.

Overall I think this was a pretty good season. Though I thought that it would be 1 season only...

one sad thing though, it seems the actor for Oliver isn't coming back for season 2, and that kinda saddens me because I can't handle changes like that in series most of the time..
  Posted on May 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
Dude. Arrow the show is an epic show. Please oh lord it is so epic and took me some time to realize it was based on Green Arrow xD
  Posted on May 19, 2013 at 11:57 PM
MitzT, Smoker of the Winter

Contribution: 629 (529 + 100)
RagicanoX wrote:

Dude. Arrow the show is an epic show. Please oh lord it is so epic and took me some time to realize it was based on Green Arrow xD

haha xD I gotta say I had my doubts about following a series based on superheroes, since Iron Man / Avengers and so on don't really do it for me.

but the emotional stuff in Arrow just draws me in. I'm glad I gave this show a try =D
  Posted on May 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I'm not saying they can't salvage Deathstroke, just they have done a sub-par job of him thus far. If they fix the character up I'll be much happier with the show.

Posted on May 21, 2013 at 12:27 AM

MitzT wrote:

I haven't read the comics either, but I must say I am fascinated by this series.

I don't know about Deathstroke / Slade, but I thought he was a pretty cool character. Though I'd have to say I'm more interested in what Shadow is going to bring in for season 2.

Also I'm really interested in the Hood + Detective Lance relationship in Season 2.

Overall I think this was a pretty good season. Though I thought that it would be 1 season only...

one sad thing though, it seems the actor for Oliver isn't coming back for season 2, and that kinda saddens me because I can't handle changes like that in series most of the time..

I think you may be misinformed. Stephen Amell is definitely returning as Oliver in season 2.
Epicurus wrote:

Marcus wrote:

Posted on May 21, 2013 at 12:57 AM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
MitzT wrote:

(...)

haha xD I gotta say I had my doubts about following a series based on superheroes, since Iron Man / Avengers and so on don't really do it for me.

but the emotional stuff in Arrow just draws me in. I'm glad I gave this show a try =D

omg ikr?!?!!?!? And ALSO THE ASIAN DUDE THAT KEPT SAVING HIS BUTT ON THE ISLAND WAS COOL YA'KNOW?

OH, AND ALSO REMEMBER I NEVER READ THE BOOK OR ANYTHING ABOUT ARROW'S SUPERHERO BACKGROUND SO I DON'T KNOW SHIZ AND I'M JUST SITTING THERE HOLDING MY POPCORN SAYING, "OOOOH SHIZ!!" EVERY 10 MMINUTES!!