Topic: Mafia Game Signups v2

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on July 8, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Sakura-Chan-Ship, The Drunken Sister

Contribution: 625 (510 + 115)
I'd like to join Ragi's game

<3 <3 <3 - Anon
The love is strong in this sig. <3
  Posted on July 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Ryu, Prisoner

Contribution: 470 (389 + 81)
Low wrote:

Isnt it about time you removed Nanas game from the queue list?
Nvm, the game is above the queue list on active games...attack on titan is still active?

Yeah... It's currently night 1. Why are you asking this? You're in that game.
  Posted on July 8, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Theslimer3, The Innocent Kid of the BETA

Contribution: 333 (260 + 73)
/in Trollers way

@rule about detective roles:

I don't really think that's a very fair role. Considering the fact that there are many, MANY creative and fun games of mafia without them. In some cases, detective roles ruin the game. Take Karab's Village of Nom game for example, where the game was won by outing power roles and scum had NO chance of winning. Scum.

The main source of scum actually having a chance is by trying to blend in, and that's where mafia begins. The role playing game where it's fun to actually try to win by pretending, and sometimes getting caught.

If you've played the more creative and less power role oriented games on MafiaScum, you'd see that sometimes a cop role is a pain >.>

So yeah I request that rule is removed <.<
  Posted on July 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Low, The Manipulative Elite

Contribution: 3,950 (3,650 + 300)
Ryu wrote:

(...)
Yeah... It's currently night 1. Why are you asking this? You're in that game.

Because theres a players list in nanas game. And its been way too long since the game went into Night.
  Posted on July 8, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Ryu, Prisoner

Theslimer3 wrote:

/in Trollers way

@rule about detective roles:

I don't really think that's a very fair role. Considering the fact that there are many, MANY creative and fun games of mafia without them. In some cases, detective roles ruin the game. Take Karab's Village of Nom game for example, where the game was won by outing power roles and scum had NO chance of winning. Scum.

The main source of scum actually having a chance is by trying to blend in, and that's where mafia begins. The role playing game where it's fun to actually try to win by pretending, and sometimes getting caught.

If you've played the more creative and less power role oriented games on MafiaScum, you'd see that sometimes a cop role is a pain >.>

So yeah I request that rule is removed <.<

If hosts add 5 other power roles along with cop, that's their fault. The cop role was part of original mafia if I'm not mistaken. Town needs some way to identify who is who, otherwise you might as well draw numbers from a hat and lynch that person.
  Posted on July 12, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Ryu wrote:

(...)
If hosts add 5 other power roles along with cop, that's their fault. The cop role was part of original mafia if I'm not mistaken. Town needs some way to identify who is who, otherwise you might as well draw numbers from a hat and lynch that person.

Why do you think that rections isn't a tell, exactly?
If you don't mind me asking here
  Posted on July 12, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Ryu, Prisoner

Theslimer3 wrote:

(...)Why do you think that rections isn't a tell, exactly?
If you don't mind me asking here

You mean reactions? Reactions can be a tell if a player does the same things every time they are mafia or townie, otherwise you never know. "x is lurking, he's mafia", "x voted no lynch, he's mafia", "x is mafia due to illogical assumption a b and c", etc. You can never know for sure who is mafia based off just reactions and you will be blindly lynching.

Anyway now that I think about it, I will give hosts the choice of adding a detective role or not, though when you register you have to say if there is a detective role included or not, even if it's a closed setup. This is so players know if they are joining a game with a detective role or not.
  Posted on July 12, 2013 at 8:23 AM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
Ryu wrote:

(...)
You mean reactions? Reactions can be a tell if a player does the same things every time they are mafia or townie, otherwise you never know. "x is lurking, he's mafia", "x voted no lynch, he's mafia", "x is mafia due to illogical assumption a b and c", etc. You can never know for sure who is mafia based off just reactions and you will be blindly lynching.

Anyway now that I think about it, I will give hosts the choice of adding a detective role or not, though when you register you have to say if there is a detective role included or not, even if it's a closed setup. This is so players know if they are joining a game with a detective role or not.

This gives the mafia an advantage every time in a closed set-up. I suggest you remove the rule completely, as what you're describing is exactly what the mafia's goal is, (to keep townies guessing and killing themselves). Placing that rule there is either giving the townies a 5-10% extra chance of winning, (if they already know they have a cop role and must have it at all cost in order to play a game), or a 10-20% extra chance of winning for the mafia, (knowing they're safe from all investigations and can be unknown until death or another role interacts with them at night).

The original mind bending game only required 5-7 people, the minority being against the majority in secret. That's all that's needed for a mafia game. Everything else is optional. Just putting my two cents in.
  Posted on July 13, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Ryu, Prisoner

RagicanoX wrote:

(...)

This gives the mafia an advantage every time in a closed set-up. I suggest you remove the rule completely, as what you're describing is exactly what the mafia's goal is, (to keep townies guessing and killing themselves). Placing that rule there is either giving the townies a 5-10% extra chance of winning, (if they already know they have a cop role and must have it at all cost in order to play a game), or a 10-20% extra chance of winning for the mafia, (knowing they're safe from all investigations and can be unknown until death or another role interacts with them at night).

The original mind bending game only required 5-7 people, the minority being against the majority in secret. That's all that's needed for a mafia game. Everything else is optional. Just putting my two cents in.

Well why use % when those are completely made up? Also knowing there is a cop or not changes little. Knowing they are safe or not from being discovered has absolutely no effect on their chance to win, only the fact that there is a cop. same for townies, knowing there is a cop changes nothing, only the info from the cop will change anything.

And like I said previously, without the cop role the game is based almost entirely on guessing. mafia is about strategy and logic, it's not Russian roulette.

Added rule:
- Hosts cannot play in their own games.
  Posted on July 13, 2013 at 3:23 AM

Play more games, Ryu. Trust me, you'll understand where we're coming from. Especially if you get a few games under your belt as mafia.

The party game is far more like that, where the forum adaptation is a complete psychological study.
  Posted on July 13, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Ryu, Prisoner

Theslimer3 wrote:

Play more games, Ryu. Trust me, you'll understand where we're coming from. Especially if you get a few games under your belt as mafia.

The party game is far more like that, where the forum adaptation is a complete psychological study.

Um, huh? Have you even read the mafia games I played? My second game I was mafia and I won on day 1, not literally, but I planned the entire game on day 1 and it went exactly as planned, the townies couldn't do anything, they had no cop. My 3rd game was as a serial killer, and I role claimed day 1. SK role claim on day 1 is a loss for me right? Nope. The last day ended with just me and 1 townie bomber left, I killed him that night to kill us both. I planned and controlled the entire game. This is irrelevant to the cop role, it's just a defense against your attack on my experience. My first game I was a cop and figured out 2 of the 3 mafia after 1 night, 1 from my night action, the 2nd through observations, but then was killed. With me dead my team lost, they could do nothing besides guess, which caused my team to lose.

I have played in games, and have read other games. Without any type of investigative ability you get 50 pages of rage, flame, and illogical accusations based on fake facts created from biased opinions of reactions that could mean a million different things.
  Posted on July 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Where did you do this at? o.O
  Posted on July 13, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Demonkings, The Golden Demon

Contribution: 1,488 (1,318 + 170)
Ryu wrote:

A spot in queue is open, post the registration form and fill it out for your game to be added Demon.

Seriously -.-.

Name: Gunslinger's Royale
Description: In a world of Magic and witches. One man stood with a gun. He wanted to exterminate and cleanse the world from all supernatural. But failed.

It is now your turn to avenge him, but can anyone really be trusted?

Legend says that the prophesy will rise again.
But what exactly is the prophesy? that is for you to decide.
Host: Myself
Players: 10
Additional notes: This will take place within 48 hour format for both Day and Night phases. Majority of the votes prevails in lynching. You may send private messages to other players in the game if you wish.

Here is a role I would like to present to you all.
LightKeeper wrote:

You are the Lightkeeper of the United Blazers.

You have no night actions.
You have the power to vote.
When you die via Sacrificial or HeadShot, it causes the following Day to become Dull.Votes will remain anonymous and must be sent via Moderator to be counted.
Each surviving player is allowed to send an additional 5 messages to the moderator where he/she will announce that message to the Town while remaining Anonymous.

You win when all of Black Witches have died.

An Example would be:

Moderator Demon's Post:
Annoymous wrote:

Guys I'm Kindeno and I'm a gunslinger. I have gunned Jade night 1 and Susan night 2.

True player's message to moderator

"I would like to send this message as anonymous to the village"
Jade wrote:

Guys I'm Kindeno and I'm a gunslinger. I have gunned Jade night 1 and Susan night 2.

Posted on July 13, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Ozarukage, The Joyful Fugitive, Top 1000 of PLS-3

Contribution: 81 (70 + 11)
Oh god, Ragi's game. Sign me up please.
Hai! I'm Oza! Gimme cookies!

Posted on July 16, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Jin, Swordsman

Contribution: 135 (114 + 21)
Sign me up for Ragi's game.

And DK's as well.
v-Blood & Tears-v