Topic: War of Ninja: Reborn

There are no members reading this topic.

  Posted on August 13, 2013 at 6:31 AM
#166
CoolKeldon, The Blue Samurai of the Moon

Contribution: 89 (85 + 4)
Joined: January 30, 2011
I really like the WoN reborn, as for the new exp system based on time, I think it's fine, otherwise fast-spiker teams would earn exp faster than a balanced team, wich is the base of making 3 people teams. I agree it should be turn-based, not real-time, and maybe capped at 5 o 6 exp maybe?

PS: Good work, my game crash every now and then, but I understand is only for the new system.

Signature by JoeTurtle
  Posted on August 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 thumbs up
#167
rurudo66, Hunter of Hanto

Contribution: 1,476 (1,274 + 202)
Joined: April 12, 2010
CoolKeldon wrote:

I really like the WoN reborn, as for the new exp system based on time, I think it's fine, otherwise fast-spiker teams would earn exp faster than a balanced team, wich is the base of making 3 people teams. I agree it should be turn-based, not real-time, and maybe capped at 5 o 6 exp maybe?

PS: Good work, my game crash every now and then, but I understand is only for the new system.


I think experience should be based on the number of remaining people on your team and the amount of health each character has. Survive with more characters with more health and get more experience. Time could factor into it too, I suppose. Really, I think we need a multifaceted approach to experience gain. Looking only at one aspect of the battle is not going to tell you how well the person fared. Who's to say that a team capable of quickly defeating the enemy is worse than a team that kills them slowly? Why is it that spikers are not as good(and thus not as deserving of experience) as, say, an affliction team? There are achievements for getting the quickest win possible, so I would think a team capable of getting a quick win would be a good team. However, we can't say "Okay, quick wins get more experience, longer wins get less," because that's just as bad. There are some teams that are really good that take a while to get the win, so time really is not the best measure of how well you performed in the battle. We need a system that looks at multiple aspects of the battle and can really determine how you did.
Epicurus wrote:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Marcus wrote:

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

  Posted on August 17, 2013 at 2:37 AM
#168
MitzT, Smoker of the Winter

Contribution: 629 (529 + 100)
Joined: February 19, 2010
rurudo66 wrote:


(...)

I think experience should be based on the number of remaining people on your team and the amount of health each character has. Survive with more characters with more health and get more experience. Time could factor into it too, I suppose. Really, I think we need a multifaceted approach to experience gain. Looking only at one aspect of the battle is not going to tell you how well the person fared. Who's to say that a team capable of quickly defeating the enemy is worse than a team that kills them slowly? Why is it that spikers are not as good(and thus not as deserving of experience) as, say, an affliction team? There are achievements for getting the quickest win possible, so I would think a team capable of getting a quick win would be a good team. However, we can't say "Okay, quick wins get more experience, longer wins get less," because that's just as bad. There are some teams that are really good that take a while to get the win, so time really is not the best measure of how well you performed in the battle. We need a system that looks at multiple aspects of the battle and can really determine how you did.


I agree, the only small problem I have with the experience system now, is that it reversed the faster EXP gain from spike teams to slower EXP for spike teams. sure you might win more battles in the same time, but as it is now, it feels alot more rewarding to let the timer bar run out on the last turn and see how much EXP you'll get.

I don't think it was meant to make it so stalling the game grants more EXP.
  Posted on August 17, 2013 at 5:12 AM
1 thumbs up
#169
rurudo66, Hunter of Hanto

Contribution: 1,476 (1,274 + 202)
Joined: April 12, 2010
MitzT wrote:


(...)

I agree, the only small problem I have with the experience system now, is that it reversed the faster EXP gain from spike teams to slower EXP for spike teams. sure you might win more battles in the same time, but as it is now, it feels alot more rewarding to let the timer bar run out on the last turn and see how much EXP you'll get.

I don't think it was meant to make it so stalling the game grants more EXP.


I say that spike teams and affliction teams are both just as good as one another in different circumstances, and you should not be punished for using one and not the other. The game is all about putting together a good team that will win matches for you. It's about strategy. Whether your strategy is to slowly wear your opponent down with affliction damage or to go for the quick kill with high damage, you should be given experience based on how well you perform and not necessarily how quickly you end the battle. Maybe the admins just went with this system so they could get the RPG system released faster, which is fine by me, but I hope that they do plan on revamping the EXP system to better reward all types of teams and not just slow-kill teams.
Epicurus wrote:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Marcus wrote:

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

  Posted on August 17, 2013 at 5:26 AM
#170
Manjji-Puppet, The Manipulative Elite

Contribution: 1,285 (1,084 + 201)
Joined: February 19, 2010
rurudo66 wrote:


(...)

I say that spike teams and affliction teams are both just as good as one another in different circumstances, and you should not be punished for using one and not the other. The game is all about putting together a good team that will win matches for you. It's about strategy. Whether your strategy is to slowly wear your opponent down with affliction damage or to go for the quick kill with high damage, you should be given experience based on how well you perform and not necessarily how quickly you end the battle. Maybe the admins just went with this system so they could get the RPG system released faster, which is fine by me, but I hope that they do plan on revamping the EXP system to better reward all types of teams and not just slow-kill teams.


I think it's more a matter of helping to compensate for this difference here:

Using spike team can win in 5 minutes.
Using drain team can win in 15 minutes.

There is the imbalance. That's why I think maybe giving it based on time is okay, though it should be capped at a decent range so people can't just sit there to pass turns.

This was, a person who spends 15 minutes of time winning will get XP accordingly. Otherwise, spike teams are already at an advantage.

For You Zad.
My Skin Showcase
  Posted on August 18, 2013 at 5:13 AM
#171
ansebovi, The Untouchable Wolf

Contribution: 2 (2 + 0)
Joined: May 5, 2012
great game modifications ty guys...it's awesome

  Posted on August 18, 2013 at 5:06 PM
#172
Urutsune, The Crystal Wolf

Contribution: 9 (8 + 1)
Joined: January 25, 2011
Oh wow things just got so much better. I can't even describe just how much more enjoyable WoN has become. I like actually want to play it a lot and it's no longer frustrating. I am also sure that the new WoN will be able to please more people too. Terrific job! Keep up the good work!
  Posted on August 19, 2013 at 6:54 AM
#173
fdfsfa, The Innocent Prisoner of Hanto

Contribution: 20 (19 + 1)
Joined: August 30, 2011
Where can i found all daily bonus ?!
  Posted on October 25, 2013 at 4:38 AM
#174
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
Joined: April 3, 2010
Specas wrote:

Good job on rerelease of game. It is apparent that a lot of work has been put in.
Some of my opinion:

-I feel punished for beating AI too fast. Now I have to turn on those skill animations intentionally to prolong my battles. At least add turn counter, not real-time.

-Squad selection UI is not comfortable (especially compered to pre-release version). I agree with JoeTurtle that selected team should float, or make vertical scrolling.

-Swapping UI is too difficult (again, especially compered to pre-release version). At least add characters and items visual icon near their name in that drop-list (for someone who couldn't swap -> you can’t swap in missions, but you can in quick games).

-Some character are definitely nerfed because of lv7 cap (because some of them need all their skills lv3 to stay competitive, etc Asami or Yume), and some characters got too buffed in comparison -> they use one of their skills too rarely, or one of their skill lv1 is not too bad in comparison with lv3, etc Shojis’s Shadow guard.

-My achievements is not filling (etc achievement Potion wins)


So far this seems to be the most accurate review of WoN Reborn.
  Posted on May 2, 2014 at 7:11 PM
#175
edwinas5524, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Nobles

Contribution: 2,382 (2,161 + 221)
Joined: February 11, 2011
ok I can't find information, so here's my question, after ladders will be released and there will be actual pvp.... how many reputation points will gain not trial members for each win? or none? or reputation gain will be just vs AI and ladders will affect clan wars?