Topic: Open Balance Discussion: Reborn

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on August 6, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 thumbs up
Yuudai, Savior

Contribution: 1,233 (813 + 420)
Since so much has changed in the new game that a new balance discussion topic is in order.

This is the place to discuss the Balance of War of Ninja.

Rules:
1. This topic is meant to discuss the balance of both character and items, nothing else!
2. Post proper arguments explaining your opinions.
3. Discuss in a mature and respectful way.

Failure to comply with these rules will result in an instant deletion of your post, and a possible ban.

Have fun!
  Posted on August 7, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Sakura-Chan-Ship, The Drunken Sister

Contribution: 625 (510 + 115)
I guess I can start this off then:

Yume.

Her level 1 is ridiculous. Her Dreamscape just deals too much damage early on, even though it is on a 1 turn CD and 1 specific. I still think that lowering the affliction damage to 10 would be beneficial and wouldn't kill Takeko in 3 turns.

Shoji.

I personally believe that 15 affliction damage permanently is overpowered. I would make it so that the damage increases per level, starting off with 10 affliction damage. If you compare Yume and Shoji, Shoji's level 1 is just ridiculous and needs a nerf of some sort which would be best by reducing the damage by 5.

<3 <3 <3 - Anon
The love is strong in this sig. <3
  Posted on August 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Chas3_Th3_Dr3am, Dreamer of the Ancestors

Contribution: 2,354 (2,097 + 257)
Sakura-Chan-Ship wrote:

Yume.

Her level 1 is ridiculous. Her Dreamscape just deals too much damage early on, even though it is on a 1 turn CD and 1 specific. I still think that lowering the affliction damage to 10 would be beneficial and wouldn't kill Takeko in 3 turns.

Shoji.

I personally believe that 15 affliction damage permanently is overpowered. I would make it so that the damage increases per level, starting off with 10 affliction damage. If you compare Yume and Shoji, Shoji's level 1 is just ridiculous and needs a nerf of some sort which would be best by reducing the damage by 5.

Jun deals 10 damage for a random with a CD of 1. I think that's a pretty good comparison. Also, have you seen the AI use Takeko and her protector? They make that summon look like gold. If you don't want Takeko to be killed by Dreamscape, then use one of her skills that costs a random.

I think Shoji is fine too. He has to prep, and you see it coming.
Check out my Soundcloud!

Rainbows, sunshine. Everywhere we go.
  Posted on August 7, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 thumbs up
crazymonkey3, The Dark Kid of Death

Contribution: 2,379 (2,124 + 255)
I am not 100% sure on this but Miho's invul skills should ignore invulnerability. Just now i owned a Jinsei Sainan Takeko because turn 1 or 2 they went smokebomb and i used her mist making just myself invulnerable.
No sign for now
  Posted on August 7, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Fou-Lu, The Respected Lackey

Contribution: 22 (12 + 10)
just gonna comment on the 4 new characters for now will do more later.

Miho - Her attack should'nt do 30 damage for 1 specific at level 3 thats just crazy regardless of the starting cd =/.

Haruo - Stun should be capped at 2 turns or AoE should have 1 CD while altered.

Seika - Reduce CD of her self heal by 1 and make it renewable.

Kudoku - Make judgement 15+5 instead of 10+10 and make Atonement unusable while in effect on a character. also IMO this guy is the current King of WoN he has it all which is why i suggest nerfs to 2 skills lol.

@Shoji and Yume IMO they are fine =/

EDIT: unless stated otherwise i am talking about the level 3 of a skill.
  Posted on August 7, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 thumbs up
Manjji-Puppet, The Manipulative Elite

Contribution: 1,285 (1,084 + 201)
I disagree with the above nerf. It messes up his upgrading, and would really hurt him.

I personally think his attack should deal 0 damage originally. As for the Atonement nerf, it doesn't really seem like it would hurt too much.

For You Zad.
My Skin Showcase
  Posted on August 7, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Zadion, The Twisted Child of Death

Contribution: 1,077 (757 + 320)
Sakura-Chan-Ship wrote:

Yume.

I believe you perhaps failed to notice that Dreamscape does not increase cost at LV1. It's just 15 damage. There's no reason whatsoever you can't get out of it.

15 damage for a specific is right there in line with all of the other LV1 skills that cost a specific. Being that it doesn't increase energy yet, it will never deal more than 15 damage from one use.
Fou-Lu wrote:

Miho - Her attack should'nt do 30 damage for 1 specific at level 3 thats just crazy regardless of the starting cd =/.

Strongly disagree. Her invulnerability skills are far too situational. Her attack is commonly all she has.

Fou-Lu wrote:

Kudoku - Make judgement 15+5 instead of 10+10 and make Atonement unusable while in effect on a character. also IMO this guy is the current King of WoN he has it all which is why i suggest nerfs to 2 skills lol.

+1 to this though

Seika needs major buffs. Her attack should have 0 cooldown and the altered version only makes it heal. Her prep should last 1 turn longer, as well.

hello, it's me. i was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
  Posted on August 7, 2013 at 10:19 AM
2 thumbs up
Chas3_Th3_Dr3am, Dreamer of the Ancestors

Contribution: 2,354 (2,097 + 257)
I agree with Kudoku needing a nerf. The guy is just too strong on all levels. I suggest allies can't gain Atonement charges during Atonement for one. I took advantage of the fact I could repeatedly spam Atonement to get my teammate out of death a lot.

Judgement is too powerful also. Maybe nerfing it so any harmful skills used on the opposing team gains charges instead of every single skill?
Check out my Soundcloud!

Rainbows, sunshine. Everywhere we go.
  Posted on August 8, 2013 at 12:21 AM
3 thumbs up
Hikaru, Professor

Contribution: 2,375 (2,097 + 278)
Does anyone feel Nobuo dealing 25 damage at level 1 is a bit strong?
  Posted on August 8, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Ryu_No_Zonbi, The Cloaked Warrior of the Military

Contribution: 798 (693 + 105)
Hikaru wrote:

;-; Ya i do I got wrecked by him countless times at low levels because he can take out almost any character in 2 hits same with Tadashi =/.
Mister M.I.A.
Skype Account Name: Dracozombie92
  Posted on August 8, 2013 at 2:36 AM
MitzT, Smoker of the Winter

Contribution: 629 (529 + 100)
I feel like Tadao needs a small boost in early levels.
Everytime I face him I just put a 5 affliction a turn on him and he kills himself off in 2 or 3 turns.

I don't really have any suggestions though on what to do with him.
  Posted on August 8, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Zadion, The Twisted Child of Death

Contribution: 1,077 (757 + 320)
MitzT wrote:

I feel like Tadao needs a small boost in early levels.
Everytime I face him I just put a 5 affliction a turn on him and he kills himself off in 2 or 3 turns.

I don't really have any suggestions though on what to do with him.

I've been saying this all along: LV2 Cursed Diamond should prevent Tadao from being killed by it, and LV3 Cursed Diamond should disable stuns.

In other words, the current added effects for LV2/3 need to be swapped.

hello, it's me. i was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
  Posted on August 9, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Sand_Spirit, The Trueborn Elite

Contribution: 1,958 (1,725 + 233)
Hikaru wrote:

Yup. I'd say 15/25/35 dmg would be the best option.
  Posted on August 9, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Lilscoot88, The Radiant Diviner of the Clouded Dreams

Contribution: 318 (251 + 67)
Sand_Spirit wrote:

(...)

Yup. I'd say 15/25/35 dmg would be the best option.

This would be a good solution, but Level 1 Wooden Fist would be severely underpowered compared to Asami's Precision Shot. Maybe give me a +10 damage burst like Jyouzu's Wakizashi Strike by making the damage 20/25/35 would help.

Posted on August 9, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Firestorm, The Ruthless Inferno of the Honoo

Contribution: 74 (47 + 27)
Hikaru wrote:

I agree. He's a common character on low levels when all your team has between 45-70 hp and their strongest attacks do only ~20 damage, so this skill is a bit owerpowered. 20 damage should be enough, as Jiyozu does 15 for 1 energy.

In flames you burn