Topic: WoN: Reborn work in progress

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on August 12, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 thumbs up
llui, Lackey of the BETA

Contribution: 456 (383 + 73)
I am not sure if this is the correct place, but there will be an option to select a diferent language? And yes, I know that actually there are more important things to do and the staff has been working during a lot of months.
  Posted on August 12, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 thumbs up
jammal2, The Swift Wolf of the Shishi

Contribution: 158 (149 + 9)
crazymonkey3 wrote:

Nice, by the looks of it Takeko's story seems really good! Cant wait to find out who this girl is. :D

You do realize she is already a character right?
Blurr┆Shadows of War: Chapter 1┆
Clan: Legion┆Tournaments won: #209, #764
  Posted on August 12, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 thumbs up
ahmed780, The Manipulative Diva of the Clouded Dreams

Contribution: 270 (243 + 27)
jammal2 wrote:

(...)

You do realize she is already a character right?

I Think he means the mysterious girl mentioned in her chapter description
  Posted on August 13, 2013 at 3:18 AM
1 thumbs up
Low, The Manipulative Elite

Contribution: 3,950 (3,650 + 300)
Yukigaaru wrote:

(...)
Considering the fact that we want to work with seasons which takes a quarter of a year, 1 October would be a good start date.

We could however re-introduce tournaments before that time.

Ah I see. But wouldn't that mean you have to start 1st of September, and not October? Because 3 seasons of 4 months make up a year.

Also, do you think its the right time to get the PvP going with the current balances in the game? The wait until enough people has at least reached the cap sound like a good idea to me.
  Posted on August 13, 2013 at 3:43 AM
1 thumbs up
Nori, Wolf of the Seishin

Contribution: 2,123 (1,747 + 376)
I have no plans to work on getting it translated as of yet. I'd rather get everything finished than spend time getting people to translate, then getting others to check over and making sure nothing important is lost in the translation.

Big thanks to JoeTurtle for this one^^

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Not sure who Akatsuki is? Check out the Akatsuki Clan Topic!
  Posted on August 13, 2013 at 4:02 AM
1 thumbs up
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,005 (1,806 + 199)
I see the bugs most of them got fixed. I also have been wondering about ladders, and will the characters change max level by that time?
Removed for ???
  Posted on August 13, 2013 at 4:10 AM
3 thumbs up
Peyton0249, The Flaming Diva of Hanto

Contribution: 55 (50 + 5)
naruto-leaf wrote:

I see the bugs most of them got fixed. I also have been wondering about ladders, and will the characters change max level by that time?

I don't know what you mean by "characters change max level by that time" but I can certainly speak about ladders. The ladders are down right now to get people enveloped in the story mode, and unlocking and leveling their own characters. It was mentioned above that the ladder season may begin on October (September?) 1st.

I know you haven't unlocked and gotten every character to max level. :) Maybe you should complete this task before worrying about the ladder situation.

Here's the issues I'm having with the WoN Reborn project as of now. Firstly I'd like to start out by saying how well the RPG initiative was implemented, with good features. Before WoN: Reborn I had no drive to come and play this game after I cleared story mode. Now this puts less focus on the story mode and the actual character development themselves. I think the idea was well executed and you guys should give yourself a pat on the back. My only concern now is that while character development is good, I think WoN: Reborn's major flaw is that it took too much emphasis off of the Story Mode. Story Mode was a good way to unlock characters and feel apart of the War of Ninja world. Now I feel like the main purpose of story mode is to get gold, and hope you find those characters in quick games. I loved the story mode and to bring it back to greater importance I think there should be a few places in the story mode where completing a mission unlocks a character. Like maybe for this boss battles, for example, you beat the boss Sasori on Normal (or hard, but I think this is a stretch) and you unlock Sasori. This is a good way to decrease the value of gold a little bit, that way the gold can be saved for those super rare characters like Jikkosu or Ryu.

Secondly I would like to talk about the AI Matches. I think this is a good feature and a good way to easily level up your characters, but I think the EXP Gain is flawed. You use 3 characters in a match, and get 1 EXP, maybe two. Its hard to spend it on all of your characters at once, firstly because the gain is uneven across the board. I think if you use a character in a quick battle, everyone gets 1 exp (or maybe a half? idk.) And then you get 1 additional exp (maybe 2 on Hard mode, or higher difficulties if you decide to add it.) to focus on your main character. As it is now you have to level up one character at a time, and that is very boring and unexciting.

I would like to drift back a little bit to Story Mode. I think the idea of having a "main character" perse is good, but there really isn't any flow in between stories. It's like reading books about different people and expecting there to be an overlap. I think the books should be arranged in chronological order, like Chapter 1 is about Aoiro Asami overcoming the battle against Boss Sasori. Then, the way I would like, is Chapter 2 being maybe about Kage Shoji, and how Asami defeated Sasori affected him, because Sasori and Shoji are from the same clan. I think this helps bring the story mode back to its previous state.

Lastly, items. I think buying the clan items is kind of ridiculous, especially with character prices so high. Maybe you get the clan item after unlocking every member of the clan, and increasing the price of the characters just a little? (Like 10% Price Increase) to balance it out a bit. That way you get to fill the niche of an explorer, who's made friends and encountered ancient items that your team may use to help further their adventure.

Those are my two cents about WoN: Reborn.
  Posted on August 13, 2013 at 4:34 AM
1 thumbs up
Petipuf, The Manipulative Saint

Contribution: 45 (41 + 4)
Well, I'm having the opposite problem to Peyton. I no-lifed for a few days and have maxed almost all my characters and I am missing 6, which I have no intention of buying because I do not like them. I bought a bunch of items and dojo spots. I don't know what else to do tbh. I've tried doing story modes on hard, but once I hit lvl 50 it seems impossible to do with the lower tier characters vs. enemy energy guzzlers like Jikkousu, Ikkshou, Kimiko on hard. They just tear my team apart.

But yes, the AI experience system needs a major revamp. The current payout is not good and punishes certain teams for winning too fast. I'm sure it was come up in a hurry, but I hope some time could be put into how to fix it.

Regarding story, instead of prologue there should be some kind of sequence that explains the background like a cinematic would. I really have no idea whats going on when I started the story and didn't really feel like clicking through the slides. In fact, I didn't even know the slides were clickable till half way done with first book! You know, an introduction like how the Star Wars movies start would be fine..just feed us the story all up front. No clicking sides etc, just scrolling is fine. I almost stopped playing cuz the prologue seemed tedious and mandatory.

I do like the iteration of WoN 100x more than the previous, which I stopped playing after an hour or so because the story was hard to make sense of imo (I was a new player). Making the story readable and making players feel a connection with the characters is pretty key, so that should be a top priority if your goal is to draw in and keep new players. There is a bunch of balancing to be done imo as well to adjust to this lvl 7 cap, but I think you guys are aware of that an on top of it.

Also side bar of the public chat needs to be able to minimized and chat sounds able to be toggled.

Thats it for now :)
  Posted on August 13, 2013 at 4:47 AM
1 thumbs up
Low, The Manipulative Elite

Contribution: 3,950 (3,650 + 300)
The story does have significance...you earn a lot of stars in there. Stars which I hope = achievements?
  Posted on August 13, 2013 at 5:50 AM
1 thumbs up
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,005 (1,806 + 199)
Peyton0249 wrote:

I don't know what you mean by "characters change max level by that time" but I can certainly speak about ladders. The ladders are down right now to get people enveloped in the story mode, and unlocking and leveling their own characters. It was mentioned above that the ladder season may begin on October (September?) 1st.

I know you haven't unlocked and gotten every character to max level. :) Maybe you should complete this task before worrying about the ladder situation.

What I mean by "characters change max level by that time" is that they should be the same as they were before. Even if the ladders were not down, people would still do their missions just like they do now.

"Maybe you should complete this task before worrying about the ladder situation." You are saying this as it would take me years to do the missions. I am already done half of the story mode and we are not even 10 days in.

I don't see why combine the old way of playing with the new one. Before was beat the boss and unlock, now is get money and buy. What you want to do is "Give me all the characters for free when I beat them and let me have more money so I can easily buy those hard characters." Should I also mention that even if you unlocked a boss be defeating him in the old story mode you still had to buy him.

Not to mention the way to do missions is way easier now than before. When you made 20 gold for 12 battles, and now you make 24 gold for 3 battles. Also now even the hard difficulty which brings you 8 gold per battle is easier than before when you had to battle human players.

The experience is pretty easy to gain. You want it to be even easier!? Then what would you do when you finished it? Take off after you finish the mission like you did with the old WoN. I am pretty sure that would pretty quickly leave WoN deserted once again.

As you said the story mode is fun, why finished up so easily and then after you would have nothing to do.
Removed for ???
  Posted on August 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 thumbs up
ahmed780, The Manipulative Diva of the Clouded Dreams

Contribution: 270 (243 + 27)
Low wrote:

The story does have significance...you earn a lot of stars in there. Stars which I hope = achievements?

Yes, Each Star = 10 achievement points (Story Achievement)
  Posted on August 14, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 thumbs up
Sasuke84344, The Independent Mercenary of the Ancients

Contribution: 12 (11 + 1)
Why can't I play the new WoN is there a way to fix it cause anything i click wont work
  Posted on August 19, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 thumbs up
Clessenur, The Blazing Smoker of the Clouded Dreams

Contribution: 316 (279 + 37)
Sasuke84344 wrote:

Why can't I play the new WoN is there a way to fix it cause anything i click wont work

Most likely problem related to flash or your browser.
[†] One Piece Fan| Cake is a Lie!| Pirate Penguin [†]

[†] Peoples Dreams Never End| Kings will rear up the ladder! [†]

Madventures_Riku wrote:

In mad world only the mad are sane

Posted on August 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM
3 thumbs up
Yuudai, Savior

Contribution: 1,233 (813 + 420)
UPDATE

Upcoming Chapters

Book 2, Chapter 2: The Maiden's Trials
Character: Shishi Nori
Nori must summon the White Wolf Ookami to aid the village, but to do so requires her to pass through three trials. If the Shishi village is to survive she must summon all her strength and courage in order to prove herself worthy as the Maiden of the White Wolf.

Book 1, Chapter 4: Clouded Dreams
Character: Senboku Yume
Yume, one of the Senboku’s Dreamers, has foreseen the death of one of her clients in her dreams. Her dreams have become clouded as of late, but something tells her only she can stop her client from being murderer, and unveil the mysterious assassin in the process.

Upcoming Characters

Renga Hatsune
Hatsune is a young Ninja from the Renga clan who has the ability to manipulate earth. She'll be a character that focusses more on defense, both for herself and her teammates. More details will follow soon...
  Posted on August 23, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 thumbs up
Encore, The Demonic Elite

Contribution: 1,703 (1,379 + 324)
Yuudai wrote:

UPDATE

Upcoming Chapters

Book 2, Chapter 2: The Maiden's Trials
Character: Shishi Nori
Nori must summon the White Wolf Ookami to aid the village, but to do so requires her to pass through three trials. If the Shishi village is to survive she must summon all her strength and courage in order to prove herself worthy as the Maiden of the White Wolf.

Book 1, Chapter 4: Clouded Dreams
Character: Senboku Yume
Yume, one of the Senboku’s Dreamers, has foreseen the death of one of her clients in her dreams. Her dreams have become clouded as of late, but something tells her only she can stop her client from being murderer, and unveil the mysterious assassin in the process.

Upcoming Characters

Renga Hatsune
Hatsune is a young Ninja from the Renga clan who has the ability to manipulate earth. She'll be a character that focusses more on defense, both for herself and her teammates. More details will follow soon...

Awesome! Cannot wait for the new character. She's probably going to be that chubby one i think from the region 3 banner i think. O:

Also, i like this way of releasing new characters. Its more efficient and people wont be bored as quickly! ^^
jeremiah gottwald 50% man 50% machine. 2000% loyalty

''Anything is possible'' - Yuudai. Hana X Tadashi confirmed 2013.