Poll: Do you like featured topics?

20 vote(s) since August 14, 2013 at 11:21 PM

• Yes (8) (40%)
  • No (12) (60%)
 Topic: Featured Topics

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on August 14, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Ryu, Prisoner

Contribution: 470 (389 + 81)
You can now pay gold to have your topics featured! Whether it be your suggestion, shop, clan topic, clan recruitment, or anything else, pay a little gold and you can have it featured. When a topic is featured, it is stickied and will have "[Featured]" added to it. You may request the tag to not be added, and may remove it if you don't want it in the title. Do not add this tag to a topic that isn't featured, it is falsely featuring a topic, it will be removed from the title, and you may be warned.

What's the point of this?
This allows you to pay a little gold to have your topics stickied. All gold spent on featured topics is used as prize money for forum events such as Signature of the Week and Avatar of the Week. If featured topics generated enough gold, you may see more events being created with bigger prizes.

Submitting a feature request:
Send the gold to me with a link to your topic.

++++++++++INFO++++++++++
Below is some useful info. You can post any questions or comments.

How does this work?
You send me gold, and I set your topic as featured.

How long after I pay will be topic get featured?
Featured topics will likely be updated around noon(-5gmt).

How many topics can I feature?
Everyone can initially feature 1 topic, upgrading to a max of 3. To increase the amount of topics you can feature, the cost is 250 gold, and you can only buy 2 extra slots. The cost/limit is to control the amount of featured topics and prevent players from having too many. This is a permanent increase.

How much does it cost?
1 day: 15 gold (15g per day)
3 days: 40 gold (13.3g per day)
7 days: 80 gold (11.4g per day)

What's the maximum length my topic can be featured?
One week. After a week your topic wouldn't be featured and you would have to pay for more featured time.

Is there a limit to amount of featured topics per section?
Yes, currently the limit is 3 per section. This is a global limit, it's not 3 per person.

Can I pay for other topics to be featured?
No. Only the topic creator can pay to have it featured. If you want to help pay to feature a topic, send the gold to the creator.

Will I be notified when my topic gets featured or when it's time is up?
No. You can keep track yourself, I won't bother to notify players about updates to their topics.

I sent too much gold, please send it back?
No. I feature the topic for however many days the gold will pay for, any extra 5 or 10 gold won't be sent back.

I changed my mind and don't want my topic featured, please refund me?
No. Your chance to think it through is the time before you submit the gold transfer.
Ryu, Prisoner

++++++++++++++++++++War of Ninja Forum++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++Creativity+++++++++++++++
++++++++++Custom Skins++++++++++
Ryu, Prisoner

Reserved for other stuff.
  Posted on August 14, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 thumbs up
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Contribution: 3,492 (3,159 + 333)
I think that it's highly unfair that you can just implement your own suggestions Tsu
-----------germ---------another germ---------------
-----------GERMS ALL OVER THE PLACE---------
Oh Look at that, looks like there's SO MANY MOD GERMS
Okay, who the flower's the smartass

Now THAT's just being a precious flower.

I am going to slam a lovely rainbow flower into your beautiful face you flower
  Posted on August 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Ryu, Prisoner

Karab wrote:

I think that it's highly unfair that you can just implement your own suggestions Tsu

Well I did say you could comment... Anyway my suggestion was for a coded version, which I realized was a useless suggestion since the Admins are busy with the game. I did not implement this without permission, it is admin approved.
  Posted on August 15, 2013 at 12:33 AM
uchiha!, The Cloaked Shadow of the Demon's Flower

Contribution: 55 (49 + 6)
And you get all the gold. I wanna be mod too now.
  Posted on August 15, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Ryu, Prisoner

uchiha! wrote:

And you get all the gold. I wanna be mod too now.

Ryu wrote:

I do not keep the gold for personal use. All gold spent for featured topics is used to fund forum events such as Avatar/Signature of the Week.

Again, absolutely none of the gold is for personal use, it's 100% used as prize gold for events. Current event is Signature of the Week which you can see info about here.
  Posted on August 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Zachrex33, The Twisted Tactician of the BETA

Contribution: 34 (28 + 6)
I mean I like the idea but I have a fear that topics that aren't truly noteworthy will be kinda "spam featured" if you will just cause they're creators have the gold. I don't want to sift through pages of sticky-ed featured stuff that's retaliative crap to get to the last recent post in a thread. Thats probably jumping to a worst case kinda scenario, but I still have a bit of reasonable concern behind the thought.
  Posted on August 15, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Ryu, Prisoner

Zachrex33 wrote:

I mean I like the idea but I have a fear that topics that aren't truly noteworthy will be kinda "spam featured" if you will just cause they're creators have the gold. I don't want to sift through pages of sticky-ed featured stuff that's retaliative crap to get to the last recent post in a thread. Thats probably jumping to a worst case kinda scenario, but I still have a bit of reasonable concern behind the thought.

I highly doubt a bunch of members would feature random topics. Featured topics is unlikely to get spammed, and if there are a lot of feature requests and the price because way too cheap compared to player gold, then the price can be changed. Other things can also be done if it continues to be a problem, such as limiting featured slots to 3-5 per section.
  Posted on August 15, 2013 at 1:47 AM
elamento12, The Demonic Child of the Firehawk

Contribution: 1,860 (1,744 + 116)
Well alrighty then I mean it's a cool idea and all but it should be cut off to certain sections of the Forum like misc like who cares about a featured misc topic

Honestly if an admin or mod doesn't sticky it themselves it seems like a waste of gold.
  Posted on August 15, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Ryu, Prisoner

elamento12 wrote:

Well alrighty then I mean it's a cool idea and all but it should be cut off to certain sections of the Forum like misc like who cares about a featured misc topic

Honestly if an admin or mod doesn't sticky it themselves it seems like a waste of gold.

Most likely nobody would care, so nobody would feature there, so it wouldn't matter.

Wrong. Staff sticky important game/forum related topics and a few very good guides. Paying for featured topics lets you pay for a stickied topic so it gets more attention. Staff would never sticky someones shop, or clan topics, or suggestions, etc. If you want more traffic to your shop, feature it, if you want everyone to see your clan topic, feature it, if you want everyone to see your suggestion, feature it. Staff aren't going to sticky topics like that.
  Posted on August 15, 2013 at 4:58 AM
Robb_Stark, Wolf

Contribution: 26 (26 + 0)
I mean as long as your topic is popular I don't see a point in it being featured. Maybe in the future when theres double the amount of players in game and on forums people would consider paying gold to have their topics features but I don't see the beneficial side of it.
  Posted on August 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Ryu, Prisoner

Robb_Stark wrote:

I mean as long as your topic is popular I don't see a point in it being featured. Maybe in the future when theres double the amount of players in game and on forums people would consider paying gold to have their topics features but I don't see the beneficial side of it.

Well when you look at a section, which topics get your attention first? The stickied topics. If it's the market, your shop will be seen first, if it's clans then your clan will be seen first. Yes it would be in the first page anyway if active, but mixed in with 19 other active topics. Having it featured will make it be seen before other topics. At a later time if the system works well, it could have it's own section above the list of other topics.

I have some other ideas planned, but saving those for now.
  Posted on August 15, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Sakura-Chan-Ship, The Drunken Sister

Contribution: 625 (510 + 115)
So depending on how much you pay, the longer the topic will be featured?

What is the maximum and what is the minimum amount needed to pay?

How long can a topic be featured?

<3 <3 <3 - Anon
The love is strong in this sig. <3
  Posted on August 16, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Ryu, Prisoner

Sakura-Chan-Ship wrote:

So depending on how much you pay, the longer the topic will be featured?

What is the maximum and what is the minimum amount needed to pay?

How long can a topic be featured?

Minimum is 15 gold for 1 day, maximum is 80 gold for 1 week. A topic can be featured for 1 week at most, then you would have to repay for more time.

Featured Topics Update
The current pricing was too high and possibly too complicated for some, so it's been reduced and made a lot simpler. You can now pay to feature a topic for 1 day, 3 days, or 7 days.

1 day: 15 gold (15g per day)
3 days: 40 gold (13.3g per day)
7 days: 80 gold (11.4g per day)