Topic: Bring back Old WON Characters :(

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on August 22, 2013 at 9:38 PM
6 thumbs up
shadowshinobi, The Masked Ninja of the Nobles

Contribution: 84 (66 + 18)
Well, I'll be honest. I am an old WON Player. This whole customization skills idea sucks. The only reason many players stopped playing WON in the previous version was because :
- Characters were hard to Obtain
- There were no A.I Features for new players

However, the new version solves this problem, So bring back the old WON, Retaining everything that you have currently (A.I Battles, Leveling System, Dojo Feature) except letting the characters max out all their skills, Perhaps by extending the Max Level.

Playing nerfed versions of characters is not interesting at all, I miss the old WON so much, It was so much fun.. I think you guys who planned this customization system hoped to cover up the imbalance issues by confusing the players into thinking all characters are balanced while the balance right now is worse than what it was before.

Some Skills and Character aren't even worth obtaining in this new version, which makes this game so boring. In the end, Players are going to search for the best builds for each characters, which will end up being the same as it was before.

I am so disappointed, After 2 years of waiting this is what we get.. A Nerfed version where everyone are stuck with characters where resets cost an arm and a leg, Pretty big turn off I would argue.
  Posted on August 22, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Lulu, The Flaming Wolf

Contribution: 91 (79 + 12)
I prefer the old one as well but Majority loves this one so it doesn't matter.
  Posted on August 22, 2013 at 10:10 PM
miskos3, The first Hunter

Contribution: 148 (105 + 43)
Topic wrote:

Some Skills and Character aren't even worth obtaining (...) In the end, Players are going to search for the best builds for each characters.

Well... that's exactly how RPG games work and that's what this RPG system was aiming for? The only question is whether the admins are able to tell which skills are underused and attempt to fix them somehow. Because I do agree that in many cases, invulnerabilities aren't even worth taking.
I Hab! I ↓Rianne I Avatar by Jess I Character Showcase I

Rianne ;3
I Kiki I Jonke I Lulu I
  Posted on August 22, 2013 at 10:14 PM
2 thumbs up
Shikate, The Untouchable Shadow of the Ancients

Contribution: 841 (702 + 139)
Old version was definitely 100x times better, because it was a lot harder and they focused on story mode.. Now story mode sucks and every1 knows that. But like they told, it's hard to make full story for every clan.
  Posted on August 22, 2013 at 10:19 PM
oponent27, The Protective Swordsman of the Ancestors

Contribution: 113 (105 + 8)
I prefer this version better, not all characters have just 1 possible build, but of course it hurts more some characters than others, but i agree with you in the reset cost.
  Posted on August 22, 2013 at 10:21 PM
mphdragon, The Dark Wolf, Rank 1 of PLS-3

Contribution: 169 (142 + 27)
Agree. Being forced to play with one underpowered skill is not a good idea, it doesn't bring any strategy to the game and ruins characters who rely on all their skills.
  Posted on August 22, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Hm.. It would be epic if characters would have for example 10 levels.. It would be really hard to xp them, but it would give u epic things :P
  Posted on August 22, 2013 at 10:36 PM
4 thumbs up
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
~~~I think the uniqueness of the game has been destroyed by so many mofos asking, "What build for this? What build for that? Mommy!" People don't try making their own builds, they ASK for builds. Everyone wants to get to the closest possible version of what the characters used to be, and that has entirely destroyed the idea of the RPG system making each player's arsenal of strategies and character combinations unique.

~~~What the game development should be focused on from here is the trainings. The trainings would cause more diversity in how a player builds their teams, and more specifically their arsenal. Imagine a player who hates spike characters, but now that his characters have an available COLLABORATIONS TRAINING (for example), now you can make Jyouzu attack 20 damage to one character and give 10 destructible defense to a random teammate or something. The trainings give the players an option to change the basic functionality of a character and allows you to choose HOW you want to use a character. So if you don't like Jikkousu the old hag because her focus is insta-kill rather than her leeching, (which you may or may not like more). Now with the Disruption training or something (for example), you can now have Jikkousu drain health more with her attacks, and makes her Hour of Death drain 10 health over 5 turns or something.

~~~My point is that the RPG system was used to change the way we play. The game is no longer, "OKAY ME FIND META USE I TOP 3 JAJAJAJA". Nope, RPG ruined that idea. Now you have to venture out and learn each character over again, and use it to your best ability. Now you have to re-arrange your squads some and tweak your strategies. Now you have to THINK. And that's good, but not when everyone is copying each other and reducing the main focal point in the RPG system, causing them to wish they had the previous system. NO, BABY MAMA! We need to bring it back to funky town. Let's get those trainings so we can actually have that diversity we were promised. WHOSE WITH ME!?!?!?!
  Posted on August 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM
2 thumbs up

^
I'm not talking about easy way to play with characters. I just wanna old story system.. It was epic o.o Now every story looks like:

- Fight fight fight - GOLD - YAYYYY
- Again fight and fight and fight - MORE GOLD!!! YAYAYAYAYYAYA
- BOSS - GOLD - YAYAYAYYA

Old system allowed u to unlock characters, items, it was just better.
  Posted on August 22, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 thumbs up
Clessenur, The Blazing Smoker of the Clouded Dreams

Contribution: 316 (279 + 37)
The customization sucks because it's UNFINISHED. I too was dissapointed since I did not YET get the trainings I was hoping to see.
[†] One Piece Fan| Cake is a Lie!| Pirate Penguin [†]

[†] Peoples Dreams Never End| Kings will rear up the ladder! [†]

Madventures_Riku wrote:

In mad world only the mad are sane

Posted on August 22, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Forgotten-ninja, The Demonic Demon of the Demon's Flower

Contribution: 357 (320 + 37)
Shikate wrote:

^
I'm not talking about easy way to play with characters. I just wanna old story system.. It was epic o.o Now every story looks like:

- Fight fight fight - GOLD - YAYYYY
- Again fight and fight and fight - MORE GOLD!!! YAYAYAYAYYAYA
- BOSS - GOLD - YAYAYAYYA

Old system allowed u to unlock characters, items, it was just better.

I don't think it was just better, I'd say they're about the same.

In the old story a village was essentially 3 of the chapters we have now, with less boss fights. The first two missions in almost all the current chapters were copied from the old story with different dialogue to make up for the fact that the shogun characters aren't getting involved.
  Posted on August 23, 2013 at 1:33 AM
louis3333, The Drunken Addict

Contribution: 550 (516 + 34)
RagicanoX wrote:

~~~I think the uniqueness of the game has been destroyed by so many mofos asking, "What build for this? What build for that? Mommy!" People don't try making their own builds, they ASK for builds. Everyone wants to get to the closest possible version of what the characters used to be, and that has entirely destroyed the idea of the RPG system making each player's arsenal of strategies and character combinations unique.

~~~What the game development should be focused on from here is the trainings. The trainings would cause more diversity in how a player builds their teams, and more specifically their arsenal. Imagine a player who hates spike characters, but now that his characters have an available COLLABORATIONS TRAINING (for example), now you can make Jyouzu attack 20 damage to one character and give 10 destructible defense to a random teammate or something. The trainings give the players an option to change the basic functionality of a character and allows you to choose HOW you want to use a character. So if you don't like Jikkousu the old hag because her focus is insta-kill rather than her leeching, (which you may or may not like more). Now with the Disruption training or something (for example), you can now have Jikkousu drain health more with her attacks, and makes her Hour of Death drain 10 health over 5 turns or something.

~~~My point is that the RPG system was used to change the way we play. The game is no longer, "OKAY ME FIND META USE I TOP 3 JAJAJAJA". Nope, RPG ruined that idea. Now you have to venture out and learn each character over again, and use it to your best ability. Now you have to re-arrange your squads some and tweak your strategies. Now you have to THINK. And that's good, but not when everyone is copying each other and reducing the main focal point in the RPG system, causing them to wish they had the previous system. NO, BABY MAMA! We need to bring it back to funky town. Let's get those trainings so we can actually have that diversity we were promised. WHOSE WITH ME!?!?!?!

Wow solid argumentation you have there, I have to agree with what you said, but I would like to upgrade some caracters that I personally find UP without having all their skills maxed.