Topic: Bird's Beta Feels

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on August 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Clessenur, The Blazing Smoker of the Clouded Dreams

Contribution: 316 (279 + 37)
I must say I am somewhat disappointed at the new War of Ninja.
Not because it's bad, it just doesn't seem like a finished product yet.
For the sake of my mental health you guys should call it War of Ninja 2 Beta.

Character leveling:
Leveling the characters was fun, but the system leaves a lot of room for improvement as not all characters have equal number of potential build paths. Also, while a very minor thing, it kinda irked me how not all items had levels, cause it made smoke bomb and the pipes a bit better items at the start.

Artificial Intelligence
I have a bit mixed feelings on the AI: while it is a nice feature, as a multiplayer game, the work done on it would have been better served elsewhere.
Nonetheless, the Boss fights are interesting and the Hard AI is challenging sometimes. In story mode, however it's just plain unfair that you cannot use the swap system, especially how often the game throws counter characters against you.

Interface:
The interface is great, aside from those little bugs on achievements. Especially team making is more enjoyable now that you can short out different stuff.
One thing I do miss is the character images from the swap screen, it can be pretty nerve breaking trying to find the right character and items from those lists.

Dojo:
Dojo is also cool, and I can tell I will need it when I start retraining my chars.
While I had not much use for the actual experience trainings, I can see it being really useful for those who play casually. I wonder if it is going to be used for training the character trainings too...

Custom Skins:
Now the best part of the new WoN is definitely the custom skins, I am hooked on making those and looking at the number of posts the section has got so is everyone else!

Overall I see the new engine and the changes as a good start, but it seems the real deal is just ahead of us.
All I hope is the leveling system is not left as it is and will be improved and fully balanced before the long awaited character trainings are implemented.
[†] One Piece Fan| Cake is a Lie!| Pirate Penguin [†]

[†] Peoples Dreams Never End| Kings will rear up the ladder! [†]

Madventures_Riku wrote:

In mad world only the mad are sane

Posted on August 25, 2013 at 12:50 AM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
I like your review of the game, not too long yet not too short. Pretty unbiased, and man I agree with you on that dojo! I use it a bit and it's pretty helpful, but that will realistically be used wide-scale towards the end of the character collection process.

Good review, I respect you!
  Posted on August 25, 2013 at 1:09 AM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,005 (1,806 + 199)
I think the swap should be the way it is in the mission. Makes more sense that way. I agree on everything else.
Removed for ???
  Posted on August 25, 2013 at 1:25 AM

RagicanoX wrote:

Good review, I respect you!

Well thank you.
naruto-leaf wrote:

I think the swap should be the way it is in the mission. Makes more sense that way. I agree on everything else.

Yes, I know it is disabled so that you can't remove the mission character and that is the way it should be.
Im talking about the other 2 characters.

Madventures_Riku wrote:

Posted on August 25, 2013 at 1:41 AM
garaa-sama, The Untouchable Samurai

Contribution: 51 (39 + 12)
Well I think the new WoN is in the beginning stages and I know they're not going to leave it 100% the way it is and more changes are probably heading our way, and to an extent it might be in more of a BETA type field, because this is the first of the first for any of the arena(s).

Your review deserves an A+ because it is really spot on.
  Posted on August 25, 2013 at 1:59 AM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,005 (1,806 + 199)
Clessenur wrote:

Yes, I know it is disabled so that you can't remove the mission character and that is the way it should be.
Im talking about the other 2 characters.

I know, the other two shouldn't be swapped either.

Let me give you an example.

Kakashi goes on mission with Naruto and Sakura. You can't just have Neji come up out of no where since he wasn't on that mission.

I must say items should be able to swap.
Removed for ???
  Posted on August 25, 2013 at 2:19 AM

naruto-leaf wrote:

I know, the other two shouldn't be swapped either.

Let me give you an example.

Kakashi goes on mission with Naruto and Sakura. You can't just have Neji come up out of no where since he wasn't on that mission.

I must say items should be able to swap.

That would make sense if the game would force a certain team on you, but so far there hasn't been a single mission like that even in old WoN and I really have no reason to believe it to happen in future either.
Shogun Military vs Boss does sound nice though.

Madventures_Riku wrote:

Posted on August 25, 2013 at 2:43 AM
elamento12, The Demonic Child of the Firehawk

Contribution: 1,860 (1,744 + 116)
I agree with everything you said my except the interface the new layout sucks IMO. And the game is quite buggy making it unattractive to me but that's what happens when people rush something out of the admins.
  Posted on August 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
elamento12 wrote:

I agree with everything you said my except the interface the new layout sucks IMO. And the game is quite buggy making it unattractive to me but that's what happens when people rush something out of the admins.

I don't like the chatbox and its current system, other than that I think having all the necessary links available to our disposal a good thing.