Poll: Do you honestly like War of Ninja as it now?

20 vote(s) since October 29, 2013 at 5:58 PM

• Yes (10) (50%)
  • No (10) (50%)
 Topic: WoN Survey

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on October 29, 2013 at 5:58 PM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
Hey everyone, Ragicano here. I decided to set up a War of Ninja Survey along with Sand_Spirit to see how the community feels. There has been a lot of mixed feelings about the game as of right now and people's thoughts have been scattering from countless different threads. So, we're making this thread so the community of War of Ninja has an official place to have their opinions heard, what you do and don't like about the game, and what you want to see done and in the future.

Sand_Spirit and I are going to be asking people how they really feel about War of Ninja as it is and making a survey to see the amount of satisfied and dissatisfied players among us. This thread also gives you an officially real chance to have your opinions heard, and to show the Staff of War of Ninja how we really feel about the game and what needs changing.

[According to Community Survey]Top 5 Good Things About WoN:
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)

[According to Community Survey]Top 5 Bad Thing About WoN
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)

Post your opinions in any format you choose.
  Posted on October 29, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Some questions that can help guide your feedback of the game:

Q: What do you like most about War of Ninja? Do you think there is enough of it in the game right now?
Q: What would you want to see happen in the future of War of Ninja?
Q: What do you think is the worst thing going on with War of Ninja right now?
Q: What do you think is keeping the game going? Do we need more of it?
Q: Do you enjoy the game right now? Why or why not?

-More guide questions to be added-

Reserved.

You may post.
Sand_Spirit, The Trueborn Elite

Contribution: 1,958 (1,725 + 233)
Here, I, the second creator of this survey, will keep updating WoN's pros and cons from my aspect taking everyone's feedback into account, basically summing up everything that's been written here.

Pros:
1) Game customization, uniqueness, genre and gameplay generally.
2) Frequent updates
3) Tournament support
4) In-game messenger

Cons:
1) Rarity Find system
2) Admins updating the game without considering user input
3) Size of the community - Lack of marketing
4) Gameplay not being dynamic enough - Bad level design, no trainings
5) Swap screen design
  Posted on October 29, 2013 at 6:18 PM
mrhardy12, The Manipulative Tactician of the Ancients

Contribution: 259 (220 + 39)
Personally, I would prefer an easier method of merely locating the higher rarity characters. The rework to the system only made it more tedious to continue unlocking characters, especially ones that seem almost necessary for certain missions to be done successfully from what has been said on the forums (Hahen boss is made much easier, if not only doable, with Miho, who I have yet to unlock...). The new rarity system combined with high rarity characters is frustrating to say the least, as each battle takes at least 5-6 minutes with a semi-fast team, and upwards of 8-10 with a slow, deliberate team (which I typically prefer using). With the number of characters that CAN appear, the odds of finding one at a rarity of 126 or higher are slim at best. That's the one flaw I see right now, everything else is being done well.

Maybe they could make it so that your first battle of the day will be guaranteed to contain a character you don't have yet, provided you have enough rarity. Would that be too overpowered?
Made my avatar myself. :D
And yes, I'm male. I just like Terra Branford a lot.
We need parody characters on WoN. Who's with me!?! XD
Click on this text (or the line directly above it) to see why.
  Posted on October 29, 2013 at 6:22 PM
crazymonkey3, The Dark Kid of Death

Contribution: 2,379 (2,124 + 255)
1.)The exchange system. 2 for 1 is perfect.
2.)The fact that its being updated very much.
3.)Admins actually listen to the community (Not like Oro).
4.)It has an In-game chat.
5.)The forum isn't full with Rate my Sign topics and such.

1.)The rarity system. More exactly the huge prices of characters and the nerve of trying to find them.
2.)Admins keep making updates without asking the members for opinion first and after they realize their mistake they try to make things better not by actually reverting the things but adding more useless things that "Would" make things better. IMO they should just make a topic like "We were thinking of increasing the...Is it ok with you?"
3.)
4.)
5.)

Right now thats all i don't like. There may be more but i cant remember now.
No sign for now
  Posted on October 29, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Yukigaaru, The Respected Commander of the Military

Contribution: 1,628 (1,085 + 543)
I fully support this topic and I will be sure to read any post made in here!

Stickied!
  Posted on October 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Lilscoot88, The Radiant Diviner of the Clouded Dreams

Contribution: 318 (251 + 67)
Top 5 Good Things About WoN:
1.) The entire genre and style of the game overall
2.) Weekly content updates
3.) Content that is promised to be added (trainings, custom tourney support, etc)

Things you may think is good about WoN that you don't see included here may be done well, and not good.

Top 5 Bad Thing About WoN
1.) The new/updated rarity system
2.) Lack of seasonal ladders
3.) The hard to navigate interface
4.) Dying forums; isn't as active as it used to be
5.) Bugs/glitches that enter the game that takes a long time being fixed

Posted on October 29, 2013 at 9:40 PM
MitzT, Smoker of the Winter

Contribution: 629 (529 + 100)
1.) The game itself. the style of the game, the strategic aspects and all that. simply the way the battles work in this game really attract me.
2.) There's alot to look out for, as opposed to some time ago. The game seems to be getting more lively, and the regular updates are keeping me interested from week to week.
3.) The In-game chat allows for a lot of interaction between players and has established a decent playerbase that is fun to talk to, and play with.
4.) The tournament system is a major plus in my opinion, not only does it allow for some real competition, with the Kasui tournaments there´s an awesome potential for an alternative way of unlocking characters. (Though I´d wish for some characters to be `tournament only` and have those on a regular interval.)

Top 5 Bad Thing About WoN:
1.) The high character prices are in my opinion a little over the top. I realise that hardcore gamers would finish the game in very little time without them, but even though there is this compensation for 5 games, it doesn´t help the casual players at all.
2.) Balance updates, or to be more precise, the current lack of balance updates. I really love all the updates, but they have left too little room for balance updates, I feel. a bit more regular balance updates would do so much for the balance of the game.
3.) The bonus rarity system is a little iffy for me. I can´t level up certain characters and look for other characters at the same time right now. this might be because most of my preferred characters have been leveled, but I cannot even win 1 out of 4 battles on hard mode with certain characters. I feel like this needs to be accounted for a little bit.

That´s all, basically. ^^
  Posted on October 29, 2013 at 9:41 PM
zezima, Shadow

Contribution: 111 (92 + 19)
1.) all the different combos you can make with characters AND items
2.) good thing you don't have to open another tab to go see the character's skills like N-A (u can just click on it on when in a game)
3.) esthetic
4.) dojo is a good way to train my characters and spend my gold somewhere
5.) custom skins

1.) not enough people playing it.....seriously ... And all these dead clans
2.) fighting against AIs?They are SO predictable.... It's good to fight against other players on ranked games, but I don't want to fight The same guy three times in a row...
3.) good luck on trying to get 50k contribution points
4.) u have to pay to join tourneys? I think a tourney where it's free and u can get 30-50 gold would be nice.
5.) rarity system, I am ready to pay 1k gold for isshou cuz I searched for 3 hours at 240 rarity find and didn't even get the chance to encounter him once ( streak of +38 with fire meta?LOL)

Q: What do you like most about War of Ninja? Do you think there is enough of it in the game right now?
Unique characters with unique strategies (hatsune , miho and Haruo are really special)

Better than naruto-arena

Not enough players

It is ok but I don't enjoy it ....

There are other things I really dislike about this game, but, it is still much much more better than N-A
Spoiler

its almost the end of naruto now...I think

If you are reading this comment, send 1 gold to "zezima". I will maybe pay you back...maybe

Zezima bank inc.

Posted on October 29, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Shikate, The Untouchable Shadow of the Ancients

Contribution: 841 (702 + 139)
1. Regulary updated game
2. Great art and character design
3. Good balance between every character
4. Great concept for the game
5. Unlocking characters, items and awesome tournaments

1. Too much luck decides about finding new characters.
2. No multi-language support
3. A little boring story system(no original ideas for playing battles and other...)
4. No sense in being in clans
5. No contests...

What would I do?
The main problem is low ammount of players and I think that I don't need to tell about new rarity and unlocking characters system just like the others do. The story can be an awesome thing of the game, and story is interesting, but story system is, like I told, boring and not original at the moment. I would love to see some contests for item, character, so You could use our interest in the game.
  Posted on October 29, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Clessenur, The Blazing Smoker of the Clouded Dreams

Contribution: 316 (279 + 37)
1.)Character customization
2.)Character skins
3.)Bug free
4.)Character swap
5.)Boss fights

1.)Bots
2.)No players in ladder
3.)Lists in Swap Screen
4.)Half assed leveling designs
5.)Story is not interesting enough

Character trainings.
[†] One Piece Fan| Cake is a Lie!| Pirate Penguin [†]

[†] Peoples Dreams Never End| Kings will rear up the ladder! [†]

Madventures_Riku wrote:

In mad world only the mad are sane

Posted on October 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Roach, The Masked Samurai of the Red Dawn

Contribution: 1,303 (1,108 + 195)
1.)The game itself. WoN far surpasses N-A and S-A in terms of skill and creativity when it comes to the characters.

2.)Items. Kind of a tie-in with the above mentioned, but items are super important in this game, and I would really like to see some more.

3.)The overall sense of balance within the game. Anything that is outright OP is immediately called to attention. The problem being right now that we have had a lack of a real update, YET.

4.)Unique characters.

5.)User customization is always a super cool feature to have.

1.)The users of this forum. No, seriously, a lot of the people on this forum piss me off. It's sad to see how ungrateful a lot of the users here are.

2.)How "grindy" the game feels. While I may not be in complete agreement with a lot of the users here, I do feel the amount of work needed to fully be where everyone else SHOULD be is a bit too much. That isn't to say I'd like to see the rarity/experience system removed, it is a good thing that help keeps the game alive. Many people won't remember, or won't want to admit that when the new system as released, there were at least 300 people DAILY for about two weeks, just playing.

3.)No more streak ladder makes me a sad sad team testing man.

4.)The new swap screen. I hate hate hate it. It's absolutely ugly. Please just change back to the old one.

Unique characters in combination with unique items. Yes, I do feel that we have enough of these, and we still have a lot more to release.

Character trainings. Nothing more, literally. I have been hyped for trainings since they were announced, and I still have a small sliver of hope that we will pull through with these.

Lack of players.

The "Grind." Is in a sense a double-edged sword. As I mentioned above, it helps keep longevity, but at the cost of annoying players that are faster than others. No, we don't need more of it, we need to find a solution that helps keep interest, while not granting everything to a player at once.

Yes.
  Posted on October 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Sand_Spirit, The Trueborn Elite

Contribution: 1,958 (1,725 + 233)
Seeing how you people state your opinions, I must say that I am really happy to see so much user input in this survey. However, I must say one thing. If you dislike something regarding the game, please do state your reasons for that. How is anyone supposed to know what you mean just by seeing your list of problems? The only way you can help us is by stating your opinions elaborately. If you don’t do that, your input is pointless.

Now, it’s true that I’m one of the creators of this survey, but I’d like to state my opinion as well.
I won’t say what things I like, because they've all already been written down by others. In the end of the day, problems are of more important matter here.

I have no intention to offend anyone. I'm not that type of guy. I've been waiting for so long to finally state what I really mean about all this, so take this as an advice.

So, in my opinion, the biggest problems are:

1) Lack of marketing

Okay, yes, it does cost a lot, but look at this from the brighter side. Game development is a business. You invest money in a product. When the product sells, you get your invested money back + you get earnings. Easy, right? I’m saying this first handedly, because I am developing a browser game myself and I know what to do.

2) Lack of Focus

You seem like you’ve been stuck at this point for a long time. Okay, it’s good that the game was done using the most recent technologies like HTML5, CSS3, Ajax, WebSockets…. BUT! What does that mean to players? Absolutely NOTHING! Players want good gameplay. Fun gameplay. A game worth their time. A game they can enjoy at every point!

Having in-game messenger and all other things available in the client is good, but you have constantly being focused on technical things (for your own satisfaction, I guess), instead of improving the gameplay.

3) Staff Behavior

You won’t make your game grow by acting a cool guy, Yuki. You are the one who is wrong here, so stop acting like a smart guy and start listening to the community! You sure remember deleting my post where I stated my opinion. True, claiming that most of the community agrees with me. I still believe that and comments will prove it.

There are site bugs, face the fact! If you really want me to report every single little bug on the forums, I’ll do so. Actually, I don’t really have a choice. You haven’t read a single PM for ages, even tho you are the one who developed the PM system.

Also, Yuki and Yuudai, start considering user input asap before releasing any further updates! You can’t do what you want, you can’t know what is good for the game and what isn’t without taking into account players’ opinions. It simply does not work that way!

4) Game Economics
At this point, the game is designed the way that you have to spend hours to get something you want. Why not implement the ability to buy Rarity find? Or some packs in which you can get characters/rarity for gold (similar to starter packs)? Why not implement things for real money? Real money could satisfy your needs for marketing, and that is the most rational idea I've come to so far.
  Posted on October 30, 2013 at 12:16 AM
gabrielponce1, The Respected Challenger of Ninja Arts

Contribution: 458 (348 + 110)
Clessenur wrote:

1.)Character customization
2.)Character skins
3.)Bug free
4.)Character swap
5.)Boss fights

1.)Bots
2.)No players in ladder
3.)Lists in Swap Screen
4.)Half assed leveling designs
5.)Story is not interesting enough

Character trainings.

I agree