Topic: Balance Update 1.0

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on November 6, 2013 at 3:23 PM
8 thumbs up
Yuudai, Savior

Contribution: 1,233 (813 + 420)
Warning: Skills will reset AUTOMATICALLY after the balance update is complete!

UPDATE: All characters are updated except for Kage Shoji. Due to complications with his boss character, he will be updated at a later time this evening.

This is list of changes for balance update 1.0. I'll be updating this per character on the live server, starting now. So be careful in using these characters for the upcoming hour.

I'll keep you updated on the progress.

Chiyu Jinsei:

Level 2 First Aid now removes bleeding afflictions and heals a team member for 20 health for two turns.

Omoi Yukigaaru:

Level 2 Swipe Stance now deals 10 melee damage if a skill is countered within 3 turns, but has a cooldown of 3 when it ends.

Budou Daiki:

Level 1 Great Wall makes both teammates invulnerable to melee and ranged skills for 2 turns, but costs 1 random energy more.

Level 2 Great Wall makes both teammates invulnerable (to all skills) for 2 turns, but costs 1 random energy more.

Kemuri Arasoi:

Level 2 Smokescreen now makes all enemies invulnerable to teammate skills, but no longer lets Master Thief steal an additional energy.

Niiro Jun:

Level 1 Blindspot now deals 20 melee damage to one enemy. Each Blind Spot charge increases damage dealt with this skill by 10. Removes all Blind Spot charges.

Level 2 Blindspot now deals 20 melee damage to one enemy. Each Blind Spot charge increases damage dealt with this skill by 15. Removes all Blind Spot charges.

Level 1 Focus: Affects Jun with Focus, reducing melee damage dealt to Jun by 15 points for 3 turns.

Level 2 Focus: Affects Jun with Focus, reducing melee damage dealt to Jun by 15 points for 3 turns. During this time, Enrage may be used on a selected target instead of a random enemy.

Level 3 Focus: Affects Jun with Focus, reducing melee damage dealt to Jun by 15 points for 3 turns. During this time, Enrage may be used on a selected target instead of a random enemy and generates two blind spot charges.

Niiro Hana:

Level 1 Acupuncture: Pain affects one enemy with a Ki affliction for 3 turns, dealing 10 affliction damage each turn, but costs 1 random energy more.

Level 2 Acupuncture: Pain affects one enemy with a Ki affliction for 5 turns, dealing 10 affliction damage each turn. Costs only 1 agility energy.

Kage Shoji:

Level 1 Shadow Guard: Affects one team member with Shadow Guard for 1 turn. During this time, if an enemy performs a melee or ranged skill on the target, Shadow Chaser is allowed on that enemy the following turn. The target of this skill is invisible.

Level 2 Shadow Guard: Reduces ranged damage dealt to one team member by 10 for 1 turn. During this time, if an enemy performs a melee or ranged skill on the target, Shadow Chaser is allowed on that enemy the following turn. The target of this skill is invisible.

Level 3 Shadow Guard: Reduces melee and ranged damage dealt to one team member by 10 for 1 turn. During this time, if an enemy performs a melee or ranged skill on the target, Shadow Chaser is allowed on that enemy the following turn. The target of this skill is invisible.
Energy: None
Cooldown: 1

Senboku Yume:

Level 1 Waking Dream now has a cooldown of 3 turns, but has a starting cool down of 1 turn.

Level 2 Waking Dream now has a cooldown of 3 turns, but has a starting cool down of 1 turn.

Level 3 Waking Dream now has a starting cool down of 1 turn, and additionally will only cost one wisdom energy.

Senboku Takeo:

Level 2 Eclipse now bypasses both counters and invulnerability. The skill's cost remains at one agility energy and one random energy.

Senboku Amaya:

Level 1 Night Rain costs 2 intelligence and 1 random energy.

Level 2 Ethereal Protector grants Amaya a protector of 35 hit points. The skill no longer renews.

Hebi Jatai

All Levels of Snake Trap will now be invisible.

Level 1 Snake Trap damage modified to deal 10 poison affliction damage for 3 turns.

Level 2 Snake Trap damage modified to deal 10 poison affliction damage for 5 turns, and all cool downs of the target will be increased by 1 during this time.

Hebi Ikuchi:

Level 2 Snakebite now deals 5 ranged damage, but bypasses invulnerability.

Shishi Takeko:

Level 1 Summon: Ootake grants a protector of 40 hitpoints.

Level 2 Summon: Ootake grants a protector of 50 hitpoints.

Shishi Nori:

Level 2 Summon: Ookami now grants Nori a protector of 35 hit points. Until destroyed, cool downs of skills performed by all enemies is increased by 1, bypassing invulnerability.

Kusa Yugana:

Level 2 Touch of Eden now lasts 5 turns, but no longer damages the target when it performs a skill.

Level 3 Scent of Tranquility no longer removes drug afflictions, but increases affliction damage dealt to all targets by Ki afflictions by 5 this turn.

Seishin Ryu:

Level 2 Sky Cracker now deals 35 melee damage.

Level 3 Sky Cracker will now cost one strength energy and one random energy.

Saisei Kudoku

Level 1 Judgement now deals 5 melee damage to one enemy, removing all charges on the target. Each charge increases the damage of this skill to that enemy by 10. Passively, whenever an enemy performs a visible skill, that enemy is granted one Judgement charge, up to 3 charges.

Level 2 Judgement now deals 10 melee damage to one enemy, removing all charges on the target. Each charge increases the damage of this skill to that enemy by 10. Passively, whenever an enemy performs a visible skill, that enemy is granted one Judgement charge, up to 4 charges.

Level 3 Judgement now deals 15 melee damage to one enemy, removing all charges on the target. Each charge increases the damage of this skill to that enemy by 10. Passively, whenever an enemy performs a visible skill, that enemy is granted one Judgement charge, up to 5 charges.

Kozan Isshou:

Level 1 True Keeper of the Warbringer no longer limits melee and ranged damage dealt to Isshou, but protector now has 30 hit points.

Level 2 True Keeper of the Warbringer limits melee and ranged damage dealt to Isshou by 20.

Seishin Karasu:

Level 1 The Black Prince grants Karasu a random energy every turn.

Level 2 The Black Prince grants Karasu a random energy every turn.
  Posted on November 6, 2013 at 3:34 PM
2 thumbs up
Clessenur, The Blazing Smoker of the Clouded Dreams

Contribution: 316 (279 + 37)
Interesting changes, expecially Jun's Focus.
[†] One Piece Fan| Cake is a Lie!| Pirate Penguin [†]

[†] Peoples Dreams Never End| Kings will rear up the ladder! [†]

Madventures_Riku wrote:

In mad world only the mad are sane

Posted on November 6, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Tir, The First Child of the Nobles

Contribution: 95 (77 + 18)
Now this is what I call a balance update.
This surely will make some people use the dojo to reset some chars.

@Nijime:
Yeah, but then again, I'd do one build and try another, thus using the dojo.
e.g. Jun has more build now.
  Posted on November 6, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 thumbs up
zezima, Shadow

Contribution: 111 (92 + 19)
Are you guys going to reset our skillpoints for these characters, or we have to unlearn skills ?
If you are reading this comment, send 1 gold to "zezima". I will maybe pay you back...maybe

Zezima bank inc.

Posted on November 6, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 thumbs up
Nijime, Senior

Contribution: 840 (793 + 47)
All characters in this balance update will be reset for all players. You won't have to use the dojo.
[Official]Custom Character Contest #5

Create a new ninja of the Honoo clan.

The deadline for this contest is May 14th, 2014.
  Posted on November 6, 2013 at 3:58 PM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
Now this is freaking awesome. I'm most certainly going to have to mess around with new Jun builds, and Ryu's skycracker.. OOOOOOOOW!

Good stuff, I'm loving it! :D
  Posted on November 6, 2013 at 4:00 PM
ahmed780, The Manipulative Diva of the Clouded Dreams

Contribution: 270 (243 + 27)
now that's some great stuffy, especially jun and shoji updates
  Posted on November 6, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Sand_Spirit, The Trueborn Elite

Contribution: 1,958 (1,725 + 233)
I like the updates, especially Shoji's. ^^
Nijime wrote:

All characters in this balance update will be reset for all players. You won't have to use the dojo.

Cool. I feel that some characters are on their way of becoming OP. Let's hope that won't happen. ^^
  Posted on November 6, 2013 at 4:02 PM
2 thumbs up
Yuudai, Savior

The following changes are now live and have their skill points reset:

Chiyu Jinsei:

Level 2 First Aid now removes bleeding afflictions and heals a team member for 20 health for two turns.

Omoi Yukigaaru:

Level 2 Swipe Stance now deals 10 melee damage if a skill is countered within 3 turns, but has a cooldown of 3 when it ends.

Budou Daiki:

Level 1 Great Wall makes both teammates invulnerable to melee and ranged skills for 2 turns, but costs 1 random energy more.

Level 2 Great Wall makes both teammates invulnerable (to all skills) for 2 turns, but costs 1 random energy more.

Kemuri Arasoi:

Level 2 Smokescreen now makes all enemies invulnerable to teammate skills, but no longer lets Master Thief steal an additional energy.
  Posted on November 6, 2013 at 4:09 PM
2 thumbs up
Takeo, The Lost Shadow of the Moon

Contribution: 545 (483 + 62)
Sand_Spirit wrote:

I like the updates, especially Shoji's. ^^

(...)

Cool. I feel that some characters are on their way of becoming OP. Let's hope that won't happen. ^^

Shoji is my new favorite part too. We're still currently debating on him a bit, but we all like the new Shadow Guard.

Just popping by to say hello.

To the users on this thread, I'd like to ask the following questions:

Do you like this balance update?

Do you feel it's fair to have more "important" effects come at earlier levels, such as Ikuchi bypassing invulnerability by level 2 instead of 3.

Are you okay with radically changing skills that have become outdated with the new leveling system such as Jun's new Focus and Shoji's new Shadow Guard?

As a follow up question to the above, do you feel these new skills will be able to change their only "viable" builds? IE Jun being 3/3/1/1 and Shoji being 3/3/1/1?
  Posted on November 6, 2013 at 4:26 PM
ahmed780, The Manipulative Diva of the Clouded Dreams

Contribution: 270 (243 + 27)
Takeo wrote:

(...)Shoji is my new favorite part too. We're still currently debating on him a bit, but we all like the new Shadow Guard.

Do you feel it's fair to have more "important" effects come at earlier levels, such as Ikuchi bypassing invulnerability by level 2 instead of 3.

Are you okay with radically changing skills that have become outdated with the new leveling system such as Jun's new Focus and Shoji's new Shadow Guard?

to answer your questions:
1-yes, i like this balance update
2-yes, i think it's fair and actually it makes more sense in most skills
3-i'm okay with it as long as it offers new strategies/teams and so on
  Posted on November 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM
zacrathedemon5, The Manipulative Defender of Santi

Contribution: 225 (171 + 54)
This is going to be interesting...

Sig made by InsanityisArt (Soul Arena member)
  Posted on November 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Yuudai, Savior

Niiro Hana:

Level 1 Acupuncture: Pain affects one enemy with a Ki affliction for 3 turns, dealing 10 affliction damage each turn, but costs 1 random energy more.

Level 2 Acupuncture: Pain affects one enemy with a Ki affliction for 5 turns, dealing 10 affliction damage each turn. Costs only 1 agility energy.

Senboku Yume:

Level 1 Waking Dream now has a cooldown of 3 turns, but has a starting cool down of 1 turn.

Level 2 Waking Dream now has a cooldown of 3 turns, but has a starting cool down of 1 turn.

Level 3 Waking Dream now has a starting cool down of 1 turn, and additionally will only cost one wisdom energy.

Senboku Takeo:

Level 2 Eclipse now bypasses both counters and invulnerability. The skill's cost remains at one agility energy and one random energy.

Senboku Amaya:

Level 1 Night Rain costs 2 intelligence and 1 random energy.

Level 2 Ethereal Protector grants Amaya a protector of 35 hit points. The skill no longer renews.
  Posted on November 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Yuudai, Savior

Hebi Jatai

All Levels of Snake Trap will now be invisible.

Level 1 Snake Trap damage modified to deal 10 poison affliction damage for 3 turns.

Level 2 Snake Trap damage modified to deal 10 poison affliction damage for 5 turns, and all cool downs of the target will be increased by 1 during this time.

Hebi Ikuchi:

Level 2 Snakebite now deals 5 ranged damage, but bypasses invulnerability.

Shishi Takeko:

Level 1 Summon: Ootake grants a protector of 40 hitpoints.

Level 2 Summon: Ootake grants a protector of 50 hitpoints.

Shishi Nori:

Level 2 Summon: Ookami now grants Nori a protector of 35 hit points. Until destroyed, cool downs of skills performed by all enemies is increased by 1, bypassing invulnerability.
  Posted on November 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
Takeo wrote:

(...)Shoji is my new favorite part too. We're still currently debating on him a bit, but we all like the new Shadow Guard.

As a follow up question to the above, do you feel these new skills will be able to change their only "viable" builds? IE Jun being 3/3/1/1 and Shoji being 3/3/1/1?

Do you like this balance update? Yes.

Do you feel it's fair to have more "important" effects come at earlier levels, such as Ikuchi bypassing invulnerability by level 2 instead of 3. As long as it works out

Are you okay with radically changing skills that have become outdated with the new leveling system such as Jun's new Focus and Shoji's new Shadow Guard? Yep, as long as it's balanced and works with the original set up. Completely new changes would have to be reviewed and tested.

As a follow up question to the above, do you feel these new skills will be able to change their only "viable" builds? IE Jun being 3/3/1/1 and Shoji being 3/3/1/1? No doubt about that, there will be change all right xD