Topic: Balance Update 1.0

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on November 7, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Takeo, The Lost Shadow of the Moon

Contribution: 545 (483 + 62)
RagicanoX wrote:

Well, Shoji's Shadow Guard wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It's basically Shadow Chaser, except you're putting it on a teammate, it's invisible, optionally reduces damage, and doesn't trigger WoR. Kind of easy to go around, and seemingly a nerf compared to the previous skill's effects. Perhaps it'd be much more effective if it was visible AND affected Shoji and a teammate, (like the previous Shadow Guard did).

Although I think the skill was nearly as useless as the previous Shadow Guard, (I rarely used it except to trigger WoR in a tough spot or if I was fighting strong ranged spike teams which is rare nowadays), it can be used in a few squads effectively such as Nori, Yume, Shoji or Ken, Yume, Shoji or Nori Jatai Shoji or Yume Jatai Shoji or Jikkousu Jatai Shoji or Kame Yume Shoji...hm actually there's a decent amount of combos xD. Still, the teams Shoji would be in to use Shadow Guard at its maximum capacity would be in squishy, fairly low hp characters with low damage output without preps or setting up strategically, (and those teams are usually easy to kill, especially against spike teams). I think I'll keep my Shoji at 3/3/1/1. Thanks for the update, though.

eDIT: Shadow Guard does activate WoR, only the target of the skill is invisible. Epic, this will be awesome :D

Actually, it does, or rather, it should be triggering Warbanner of Resistance.
  Posted on November 7, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Hellawyer, The Supreme Demon, Rank 1 of PLS-2

Contribution: 937 (843 + 94)
Anyway, with this balance, there are now more chars with more than one possible built. Previously, the 3-3-1-1 on Jun were almost an unanimity. Now, took me some to decide which built I would choose. Same happened with Jinsey and others.
Good job guys!
  Posted on November 7, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Hellawyer wrote:

(...)

No Takeo. Its an invisible skill. Now, invisible skills don't trigger WoR anymore.

I had been discussing this with the admins and other members of the balance team.

It was said that that while the target is invisible, the skill itself is announced to both players, thus making it a visible skill, which in turn should lead to the activation of Warbanner of Resistance.
  Posted on November 7, 2013 at 7:03 AM
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
It's visible on Shoji while active, but the ally that it is placed on is the invisible part.
  Posted on November 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM
LosenFlowers, Veteran

Contribution: 1,610 (1,504 + 106)
Now this is what I call a good balance update.

I'm happy ^_^
It's so sad what happened to this game :(
  Posted on November 7, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 thumbs up
Demonkings, The Golden Demon

Contribution: 1,488 (1,318 + 170)
Oh My God, WoN is going to be so fun with the new Yugana and Shoji. Too bad Ken and Hana can't be on the same team and that Amaya clashes with Yugana.

I feel somewhat happy and sad with the Isshou rework though. Good thing is that it is still very easy to destroy his protector and get the altered and stronger version of it. Bad news is that his combo with Takeko has been greatly nerfed.

(I wonder if people will start building Jun 3/2/3/0)

Posted on November 7, 2013 at 4:56 PM
crazymonkey3, The Dark Kid of Death

Contribution: 2,379 (2,124 + 255)
Demonkings wrote:

Oh My God, WoN is going to be so fun with the new Yugana and Shoji. Too bad Ken and Hana can't be on the same team and that Amaya clashes with Yugana.

I feel somewhat happy and sad with the Isshou rework though. Good thing is that it is still very easy to destroy his protector and get the altered and stronger version of it. Bad news is that his combo with Takeko has been greatly nerfed.

Thats my build. Although i would have went 2/3/3/0 cause Blindspot becomes Piercing on level 3 :/
No sign for now
  Posted on November 7, 2013 at 5:00 PM
zezima, Shadow

Contribution: 111 (92 + 19)
crazymonkey3 wrote:

(...)Thats my build. Although i would have went 2/3/3/0 cause Blindspot becomes Piercing on level 3 :/

I went with 1331 but I think 233 was the best
If you are reading this comment, send 1 gold to "zezima". I will maybe pay you back...maybe

Zezima bank inc.

Posted on November 7, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 thumbs up

Demonkings wrote:

It's very hard to say. Blindspot doesn't receive piercing damage until level 3 now.

1/3/3/1
or
2/3/3/0 Are both veyr very hard choices to make. I don't like characters with no invulnerability, and there is always the standard 3/3/1/1

Very interesting, yes?
  Posted on November 7, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Darsh, The Innocent Dreamer

Contribution: 4 (4 + 0)
Takeo wrote:

Do you like this balance update?

Do you feel it's fair to have more "important" effects come at earlier levels, such as Ikuchi bypassing invulnerability by level 2 instead of 3.

Are you okay with radically changing skills that have become outdated with the new leveling system such as Jun's new Focus and Shoji's new Shadow Guard?

As a follow up question to the above, do you feel these new skills will be able to change their only "viable" builds? IE Jun being 3/3/1/1 and Shoji being 3/3/1/1?

1 Yeap
2 It's really great, more important effects allow u use more skill point if u dont care about others penalty
3 for Jun sure someone like try 1/3/3/1 but Shoji still 3/3/1/1
but now he Shadow Guard much more useful
  Posted on November 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Zadion, The Twisted Child of Death

Contribution: 1,077 (757 + 320)
Takeo wrote:

Do you like this balance update?

Yes
Takeo wrote:

Do you feel it's fair to have more "important" effects come at earlier levels, such as Ikuchi bypassing invulnerability by level 2 instead of 3.

Yes
Takeo wrote:

Are you okay with radically changing skills that have become outdated with the new leveling system such as Jun's new Focus and Shoji's new Shadow Guard?

YESSSSSS
Takeo wrote:

As a follow up question to the above, do you feel these new skills will be able to change their only "viable" builds? IE Jun being 3/3/1/1 and Shoji being 3/3/1/1?

Most definitely.

I love the changes to Jun's focus and the fact that Sky Cracker now only costs 1 str, 1 ran at LV3. I'm thinking of going 2/2/3/1 on Ryu now, and I NEVER thought I'd be able to say that.

Not TOO sure about Shadow Guard. It looks heavenly on paper, but the old version was actually far more useful than a lot of people realized. That said, most people went 3/3/1/1 on Shoji anyway, and this will definitely open up new build paths for him.

We'll see how it goes. Great balance update!

hello, it's me. i was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
  Posted on November 7, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I actually went 1/3/3/1 on Shoji. Whether that was a wise choice, only time will tell.
  Posted on November 7, 2013 at 10:44 PM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
3/3/1/1 is a better build imo because it does both functions, and I don't think that getting 10 damage reduction is enough incentive to reduce Shadow Chaser's effectiveness. Then again, Shadow Guard would become an ally version of Shadow Chaser, so depending on your game style Shoji can work well either way.

Still, I like Shadow Chaser as a main means of attack, and Shadow Guard as a back up :D Cuz what if the opponent realizes you've used it and attacks first with a character that is already affected with the bleeding affliction? Then you're in a little trouble haha
  Posted on November 7, 2013 at 11:12 PM

RagicanoX wrote:

Cuz what if the opponent realizes you've used it and attacks first with a character that is already affected with the bleeding affliction? Then you're in a little trouble haha

Didn't think about that actually. :/

Of course, Shadow Guard at Level 3 also reduces Melee damage, not just Ranged. So I suppose it isn't all bad. Additionally, if you use Shuriken Wire, the target may go Invulnerable on their turn, whereas if Shadow Guard activates on them, the battle shifts to your turn, leaving them incapable of going Invulnerable.

BUT, your point still stands regarding the fact that the enemy may attack with a character who is already afflicted by Shadow Chaser.
  Posted on November 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 thumbs up
Roach, The Masked Samurai of the Red Dawn

Contribution: 1,303 (1,108 + 195)
RagicanoX wrote:

3/3/1/1 is a better build imo because it does both functions, and I don't think that getting 10 damage reduction is enough incentive to reduce Shadow Chaser's effectiveness. Then again, Shadow Guard would become an ally version of Shadow Chaser, so depending on your game style Shoji can work well either way.

Still, I like Shadow Chaser as a main means of attack, and Shadow Guard as a back up :D Cuz what if the opponent realizes you've used it and attacks first with a character that is already affected with the bleeding affliction? Then you're in a little trouble haha

The skill should allow for Shadow Chaser to be used on ANY enemy that used a melee or ranged skill on the ally affected by Shadow Guard.