Topic: what the?

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on November 15, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 thumbs up
edwinas5524, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Nobles

Contribution: 2,382 (2,161 + 221)
well I was playing in draft tourney 8 people, get to the final, my opp got away after I won first match, while I was waiting for other match (even if my opp was offline) I saw that I'm curently in battle, I've pressed on it and it redirected me to tourney page, after some time I lost and tourney ended with no winner....I've spend my time to get to the final, and also payd even not much, but gold and if opp just runs away like that there are no winners? so I could do it everytime and no one would win these tourneys.... I guess system should notice that opp is offline and it should give win for the one who's still in game.... like in normal match opp is offline so you win, if opp is away like 5 mins there is no way he's coming back....
  Posted on November 16, 2013 at 4:31 AM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
Although I disagree with the 5 minutes thing, (sometimes my computer crashes and takes longer than 5 minutes to completely boot up and start the tourney), I agree that this needs to be fixed. I've had this problem on several occasions, (it happened when I fought Nestec and Lilscoot88), and I don't think it acknowledges that a player went offline and makes both players lose.
  Posted on November 16, 2013 at 7:48 AM
edwinas5524, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Nobles

Contribution: 2,382 (2,161 + 221)
RagicanoX wrote:

Although I disagree with the 5 minutes thing, (sometimes my computer crashes and takes longer than 5 minutes to completely boot up and start the tourney), I agree that this needs to be fixed. I've had this problem on several occasions, (it happened when I fought Nestec and Lilscoot88), and I don't think it acknowledges that a player went offline and makes both players lose.

well yeah 5mins maybe too short, but 15 is really enough I've waited like 20 mins and still lost....
  Posted on November 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 thumbs up
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,005 (1,806 + 199)
I think the search system should change. Right now, it searches and is bugged. It doesn't seem to see that people went offline. I think that it should get who is online and who searches. Let's say you are online but don't search and the opponent does.

Besides this being a bug, I think the search system should change.
Removed for ???
  Posted on November 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
"Offline" players should be automatically booted from tournaments.
  Posted on November 16, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Lilscoot88, The Radiant Diviner of the Clouded Dreams

Contribution: 318 (251 + 67)
Nestec wrote:

During the tourney or during registration? I agree with players offline for over 10 minutes being kicked from a tourney sign-up, but not during the tourney.

Posted on November 16, 2013 at 5:53 PM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,005 (1,806 + 199)
Nestec wrote:

That would not be fair. Let's say your computer crashes like Ragicano said. It would take you few minutes to get back. But yeah I agree with people being kicked out if they went offline before the tournament started, and after they signed up.
Removed for ???
  Posted on November 16, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
My computer has restarted after I've signed up for a tournament. I'd be quite perturbed if I lost because of this. Leave the time limit as is and do not disqualify those who logout after signing up. However, do fix the issue of the random losses and tournament bugs.
  Posted on November 16, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
Yeah I guess I wasn't considering the people who have computer problems. I was thinking moreso about the people who sign up for a tournament and then leave for the rest of the day or whatever.
  Posted on November 16, 2013 at 7:42 PM
JoeTurtle, The Lost Explorer of True Sight

Contribution: 404 (300 + 104)
naruto-leaf wrote:

That would not be fair. Let's say your computer crashes like Ragicano said. It would take you few minutes to get back. But yeah I agree with people being kicked out if they went offline before the tournament started, and after they signed up.

It could be something like 15-20 minutes of inactivity either ingame or on the site would constitute as "offline". This should give you more than enough time to reboot your computer, yet weed out the players who show no incentive to play in the tournament.

Edit: Currently, it seems to take a while for an inactive player to register as offline on the site. (Somewhere around an hour, I believe)