Topic: Shocking revelations (Oranda region - revisited)

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on November 26, 2013 at 2:25 PM
2 thumbs up
DutchShinobi, The Cheerful Panda of Death

Contribution: 522 (368 + 154)
About the Oranda region
The Oranda region is a custum region that I designed back in 2011-2012 (link). Now that we can use Skill BB-tags, I decided to revisit my region. Here's what I'm going to do:
+ I'm going to scale each skill into 3 levels.
+ I'm going to take another look at all the skillsets and make alterations to improve the balance of each character.
+ I'm going to try to find images online that somewhat reflect the image that I had in mind for each skill.
+ I'm going to rework the storyline into chapters, where each character gets his own chapter and faces a boss at the end of that chapter.
+ A region should have 5 villages and mine only has 4, so I'm going to add a new village. In fact, I'm showing them to you in this topic, so please comment on them!

This is the clan item, which can be equiped by all 3 members of the Denki clan and by the villain from the same village.

Dynamo Boots - Boots that generate an electrical charge with each step.

Dynamo Boots

Energy Required:

Grants the holder 1 random energy for every 3 Dynamo Boots charges, removing all Dynamo Boots charges.
Passive: Grants the holder 1 Dynamo Boots charge for each energy spend on (or consumed by) skills performed by the holder.
This item can only be equipped by Masatsu, Boruto, Tsuisuta and Jishaku.

Class List:
tactic, instant
Cooldown:

This item does not change for different character levels.

In the next 3 posts you'll find the Denki characters in the order they will make their appearance in the storyline: first Denki Masatsu, then Denki Boruto and finally Denki Tsuisuta. The 4th character is the villain character: Denki Jishaku.

Aside from feedback on these characters, I'm curious to hear how you feel about this way of presenting custom characters. If you think it could be improved in any way, do let me know.
  Posted on November 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Denki Masatsu
Specialization: Disruption
Health points: 100

Woman in her 20s with long, curly blond hair. In battle, the electric charges running through her body cause her hair to lose its curls and point upwards. She's the sort of person who bottles up her emotions until she can't hold them in anymore. The angry outbursts that follow are well known in the village and the men in her clan are very careful to avoid being around her when they happen. Masatsu wears a green outfit, which fits tight but is flexable, with yellow accents. She fights bare-handed, using acrobatic techniques.

Close Combat - Masatsu engages the enemy in close combat, generating friction to power her electric attack.

Close Combat

Energy Required:

Masatsu deals 15 melee damage to one enemy, gaining 1 Static charge.

Class List:
melee, instant
Cooldown:
None

Skill Level 2: only deals 10 melee damage.
Skill Level 1: only deals 5 melee damage.

Energy Discharge - Masatsu touches the enemy, discharging some of the electricity she has stored in her body.

Energy Discharge

Energy Required:

Masatsu deals 0 affliction damage to one enemy, consuming up to 5 Static charges and stunning the target for 1 turn. The damage dealt by this skill is increased by 10 for each Static charge consumed.

Class List:
melee, instant
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: will only consume up to 4 charges.
Skill Level 1: will only consume up to 3 charges.

Recharge - Masatsu uses some of the electricity stored in her body to recover from any damage she took.

Recharge

Energy Required:

Heals Masatsu for 0 health points, consuming up to 3 Static charges. The amount of health points healed is increased by 15 for each Static charge consumed.

Class List:
tactic, instant
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: each charge will only increase the amount of health points healed by 10.
Skill level 1: will only consume up to 2 charges.

Static - Masatsu cleverly converts kinetic energy from both her enemies and allies into electric charges.

Static

Energy Required:
No costs

Whenever an enemy performs a melee or ranged skill on Masatsu or whenever a teammate performs any skill on Masatsu, Masatsu is granted 1 Static charge.

Class List:
passive, aura
Cooldown:
Infinite

This skill only has 1 level.
  Posted on November 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Denki Boruto
Specialization: Assassination
Health points: 90

Skinny man in his late 30s. Like Masatsu, Boruto wears a tight but flexable outfit. His outfit is yellow with red accents. His face is scarred and he usually wears a grumpy expression to match those scars. He is impatient and often jumps to conclusions before he's heard the entire story. Despite these flaws in his character, he's a good person deep down. He cares about others and takes great pride in teaching the children of the village how to fight using the secret techniques passed on by his ancestors. Denki Jishaku, who has mysteriously disappeared, was his best student.

Energy Sphere - Boruto creates a ball of heat and light and hurls it at his enemy.

Energy Sphere

Energy Required:

Boruto deals 25 ranged damage to one enemy and affects the target with a Burning affliction stunning their tactic skills for 2 turns.

Class List:
ranged, instant
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: only stuns tactic skills for 1 turn.
Skill Level 1: only deals 20 melee damage.

Lightning Bolt - Boruto hits the enemy with a bolt of lightning.

Lightning Bolt

Energy Required:

Boruto deals 20 piercing ranged damage to one enemy, consuming up to 2 energy. The damage this skill deals is increased by 15 for every energy consumed.

Class List:
ranged, instant
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: only consumes up to 1 energy.
Skill Level 1: damage is only increased by 10 for every energy consumed.

Flash - Boruto surprises the enemy by blinding them when they attack.

Flash

Energy Required:

For 1 turn, enemies that perform a skill on any team member will be unable to target your team next turn. This is not considered a stun-effect. This skill in invisible.

Class List:
tactic, instant
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: targets one team member.
Skill level 1: targets Boruto.

Lightning Speed - During battle, Boruto moves at double his normal speed, but needs to recover afterwards.

Lightning Speed

Energy Required:
No costs

Boruto gains 1 extra energy each turn, altering this skill the following turn. While this skill is altered, Boruto gains 1 energy less instead of 1 extra energy that turn.

Class List:
passive, aura
Cooldown:
Infinite

Posted on November 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Denki Tsuisuta
Specialization: Collaboration
Health points: 110

Woman in her early 60s. Despite her age, she's in excellent condition and still walks as tall and proud as she did when she first became Daimyo of the clan. She wears a dark cloak, hiding a tight dark blue outfit similar to the one all fighters in the clan wear underneath it. She's quite a stubborn person and often feels like she needs to prove to others that she's not to old to lead the clan, even though no one in the clan has ever suggested such a thing. On the contrary, everyone respects Tsuisuta very much and those who have never seen her kind and caring side even fear her a little. She can be very intimidating. Tsuisuta never married or had children, but she's never sad about that. She thinks of the entire clan as her family and treats all children in the village as if they were her own grandchildren. In battle, she doesn't control just electricity, but creates entire thunderstorms! She uses all the elements of the storm to assist her allies in combat.

Electrical Storm - Tsuisuta unleashes a devastating storm upon her enemies.

Electrical Storm

Energy Required:

The following 2 turns, all enemies are dealt 10 affliction damage. During this time, healing on all targets is disabled. When Tsuisuta performs this skill, Hailstorm is altered the following turn. When altered, this skill also removes all friendly charges from the targets, but only targets enemies affected by Hailstorm.

Class List:
mental, aura
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: does not disable healing.
Skill Level 1: does not remove charges when altered.

Hailstorm - Tsuisuta has it rain enormous hailstones on her enemies.

Hailstorm

Energy Required:

The following 2 turns, all enemies are dealt 10 affliction damage. During this time, melee and ranged damage dealt by the targets is limited to 25. When Tsuisuta performs this skill, Electrical Storm is altered the following turn. When altered, this skill also destroys all protectors on the targets, but only targets enemies affected by Electrical Storm.

Class List:
mental, aura
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: does not limit melee and ranged damage.
Skill Level 1: does not remove charges when altered.

Wind Barrier - Tsuisuta summons a fierce wind to protect herself or one ally from projectiles.

Wind Barrier

Energy Required:

Ranged damage dealt to one team member is limited to 0 for 1 turn, invisible to the enemy. Soothing Rain is altered the following turn.

Class List:
tactic, aura
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: cooldown is 3 turns.
Skill level 1: Soothing Rain is not altered the following turn.

Soothing Rain - Tsuisuta constantly keeps rain with healing properties falling down on her companions in battle.

Soothing Rain

Energy Required:
No costs

Heals the teammate with the lowest amount of health points left for 10 health points each turn. When altered, heals the team member affected by Wind Barrier for 20 health points instead.

Class List:
passive, aura
Cooldown:
Infinite

Posted on November 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Denki Jishaku
Specialization: Collaboration
Health points: 130

Man in his late 20s. He was born a member of the Buki clan. Everyone in the Buki clan has given him up for dead after his mysterious disappearance 10 years ago, but in reality he deserted his clan in search of greater power. His quest led him to the Denki clan. He managed to infiltrate the clan and earn the trust of Denki Boruto and most of the other members of the Denki clan. Combining the secret techniques of the Denki with his own affinity for weapons, he can mold electricity into the form of weapons. He believes his skills even surpass the power of the Buki's sacred weapons. Having mastered his new techniques, he deserts the Denki clan just like he deserted the Buki clan 10 years ago. However, he's not out to search for a great power this time around. This time, he's out to use the power he's found to take control of the region. Jishaku is very muscular. He wears the same type of flexible outfit that the other Denki warriors wear, but has added armoured pieces to it. His outfit is black with red accents. He's armoured it with shoulder pieces, knee pieces, gauntles on his hands and armoured shoes on his feet.

Volt Sword - Jishaku molds electricity into the form of a sword.

Volt Sword

Energy Required:

Jishaku deals 25 affliction damage to one enemy, consuming up to 1 energy. If energy was consumed this way, all melee skills performed on Jishaku will be countered for 1 turn. When altered, this skill bypasses invulnerability and counters.

Class List:
melee, instant
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: only deals 20 affliction damage.
Skill Level 1: only deals 15 affliction damage.

Javelin Shock - Jishaku molds electricity into the form of a throwing spear.

Javelin Shock

Energy Required:

Jishaku deals 25 affliction damage to one enemy, consuming up to 1 energy. If energy was consumed this way, all ranged skills performed on Jishaku will be countered for 1 turn. When altered, this skill bypasses invulnerability and counters.

Class List:
ranged, instant
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: only deals 20 affliction damage.
Skill Level 1: only deals 15 affliction damage.

Reverse Polarisation - Jishaku reverses the polarity of his magnetic field, protecting himself instead of his allies.

Reverse Polarisation

Energy Required:
No costs

Volt Sword, Javelin Shock and Magnetic Field are altered for 1 turn. The duration and cooldown of this skill is increased by 2 turns for every teammate alive.

Class List:
tactic, instant
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: Duration and cooldown are only increased by 1 turn for every teammate alive.
Skill level 1: Does not alter Volt Sword or Javelin Shock.

Magnetic Field - Jishaku controls a magnetic field to pull attacks away from his teammates at the cost of his own defense.

Magnetic Field

Energy Required:
No costs

Melee and ranged damage dealt to both teammates is reduced by 10. Melee and ranged damage dealt to Jishaku is increased by 5. While this skill is altered, melee and ranged damage dealt to both teammates is increased by 5 and Jishaku is invulnerable.

Class List:
passive, aura
Cooldown:
Infinite

Posted on November 26, 2013 at 4:02 PM
edwinas5524, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Nobles

Contribution: 2,382 (2,161 + 221)
wow I really like those skills and this game needs characters like these, good job....
  Posted on November 27, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
Very nice job. Probably the most original ideas I've seen on the custom character board so far. The skills are all feasable, but some will have to be changed due to the Arashi clan being released, i.e. Thunderstorm, Arashi's name, etc.
  Posted on November 27, 2013 at 7:00 AM
LosenFlowers, Veteran

Contribution: 1,610 (1,504 + 106)
Love it Dutch! <3

Very creative and interesting.

It's so sad what happened to this game :(
  Posted on November 27, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Demonkings, The Golden Demon

Contribution: 1,488 (1,318 + 170)
I love the fact that you've used flavor texts but from my perspective, I think having both non-flavor texts would make it seem much simpler and quicker to read.
  Posted on November 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Thank you all for the positive feedback!
Murasaki_Karasu wrote:

Very nice job. Probably the most original ideas I've seen on the custom character board so far. The skills are all feasable, but some will have to be changed due to the Arashi clan being released, i.e. Thunderstorm, Arashi's name, etc.

Oops, I didn't realize those names were already in use. I changed "Thunderstorm" to "Electrical Storm" and "Arashi" to "Tsuisuta".
Demonkings wrote:

I love the fact that you've used flavor texts but from my perspective, I think having both non-flavor texts would make it seem much simpler and quicker to read.

That's a sharp observation. I always thought the descriptions were necessary, because I didn't have images for the skills. However, now that I have images, I can do without descriptions. I don't really want to completely erase them though, because - just like you - I love that extra pinch of flavour. So instead of erasing them, I've moved them outside of the skill tags. How do you like it now?

On a final note, I decided to tweak Electrical Storm and Hailstorm, because those skill descriptions were simply too long and complicated, even without the flavour text. They're much easier to understand now and would (almost?) fit the box in-game. I also removed the infinite cooldown from the clan item, so I could remove the part about the item being disabled after it's used.
  Posted on November 28, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Nelo_Angelo1, The Twisted Inferno

Contribution: 307 (245 + 62)
Jishaku is a dope character. Everything looks even better now with the organization of tags.
  Posted on March 20, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Darkamante, The Lost Demon

Contribution: 677 (596 + 81)
They seem balanced and fun to work with. I'd like to propose that Energy Sphere becomes a no type afliction, just a regular 2 turns stun. I see no need in-game speaking for it to be a afliction. Aside from trying to improve the use of Seika xD

Nice chars ^^
Don't mind me, just trying to reach #1 in the achievement ladder...

Zezima's second best player sponsored by Zezima Bank Inc.
Spoiler

I'm not playing this for now...sorry