Topic: The Illusion of Time (Augments Win)

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on December 22, 2013 at 6:28 AM
JoeTurtle, The Lost Explorer of True Sight

Contribution: 404 (300 + 104)
What would you do if you could control time?

Alive:
7. Karab2 (Innocent Town) [replaces Demonkings]
8. ahmed780 (Cyborg) [repaces sammysowners]
10. Zadion2 (Innocent Town) [replaces teonaruto]

Dead:
1. Karab (Government Agent)
2. RagicanoX (Time Traveler)
3. daumis1992 (Sovereign)
4. BlackwingThief (Town) [replaces Chas3_Th3_Dr3am]
5. Taylor2 (Town) [replaces bughead1]
6. Zadion (Investigator)
9. Taylor (Historian)
11. Low (Saboteur) [replaces Zxcvbnm843]
12. lordhyuga13 (Healer)
13. DeathShadow (Sensitive)
14. Hazaal (Rebel)

Subs:
none
If you're interested in being a sub, shoot me a Pm.

Moderator: JoeTurtle (If you want to be a game moderator, please send me a PM.)

Game Setup:

The Innocents
4 Innocent Townies
1 Healer (Doctor)
1 Investigator (Cop)
1 Federal Agent (Tracker)

The Augments
1 Cyborg (Mafia)
1 Sovereign (Roleblocker)

The Revolutionists
1 Rebels (Mafia)
1 Saboteur (Mafia Cop)

Other Roles:
1 Time Traveler
1 Historian
1 Sensitive

All roles have the power to vote during the day. All persons can use up to 1 action each night. (the Sovereign cannot kill and roleblock at the same time, but the Cyborg can make a kill while the Sovereign roleblockers.)

The Innocents: You win when the Augments and the Revolutionists are dead.
TheInnocentTownie wrote:

You are an innocent townie. You have no night action.

TheHealer wrote:

You are the healer. During the night, you can choose to save 1 person from all night kills. You cannot choose yourself.

TheInvestigator wrote:

You are the investigator. You are allowed to choose 1 person during the night. Their fraction will be revealed to you.

TheFederalAgent wrote:

You are the federal agent. You can choose 1 person during the night. All names of those who used an action on that person will be revealed to you, but what actions they used will not. The Time Traveler cannot be tracked.

The Augments: You win when the Innocents and the Revolutionists are dead, or nothing can be done to stop this from happening.
TheCyborg wrote:

With the Sovereign and the Time Traveler/Sensitive, you can choose to kill 1 person during the night.

TheSovereign wrote:

Along with The Cyborg and the Time Traveler/Sensitive, you can choose to kill 1 person during the night. You also have the added ability to roleblock 1 person. Your action precedes all other night actions.

The Revolutionists: You win when the Innocents and the Augments are dead, or nothing can be done to stop this from happening.
TheRebel wrote:

With the Saboteur and the Time Traveler/Sensitive, you can choose to kill 1 person during the night.

TheSaboteur wrote:

Along with The Rebel and the Time Traveler/Sensitive, you can choose to kill 1 person during the night. You also have the added ability to reveal the role (not necessarily the fraction) of 1 individual to the public. This reveal will be made by the moderator.

Other Roles:
TheTimeTraveler wrote:

You are the Time Traveler. During the setup, you can join the Revolutionists or the Augments. After you choose, the names of who is in your fraction will be revealed to you. During the night, you can change one action (or vote) from the previous day, or you can change the outcome* of one of the other actions that will be taken that night.

*You cannot change the target of the action. For example, you can say “Have the Investigator get an innocent verdict” or “The Historian misses his target”. You cannot say “Have the healer protect me tonight" if he was not initially going to do so.

TheSensitive wrote:

You are the sensitive. You are able to sense when changes in the timeline occur due to the Time Traveler. You are aligned to either the Revolutionists or the Augments (whatever fraction the Time Traveler did not choose.) The names of those in your fraction will be revealed to you. Each time the Time Traveler uses his abilities, you will be given a copy of what would have happened if the time traveler did not intervene. This action is passive, but if you are roleblocked, you will not receive a report during the night. You have no night actions.

I forgot to rewrite the Historian role after I altered some of the other roles. Originally, the Rebel Spy [later named the Saboteur] was going to be a plain cop (basically the investigator) but for the mafia. You can also see this by the added "even under the Time Traveler’s influence" part of the description as well. My first rendition of the TT allowed him to change targets of kills and actions, but I found this too OP and too confusing to work out. (ie, would the people know their targets was switched?)

Here's the revision of the Historian role.
TheHistorian wrote:

You are the Historian. You have 1 insta-kill you can use, night or day. To use the kill, send a PM to the moderator. You cannot win if you are dead. You cannot kill yourself. You will be revealed as an innocent when investigated by the Investigator, but your role can be revealed by the Saboteur.

You win when the Time Traveler is dead. Your win will end the game.

Mostly Generic Mafia Rules:

1. Votes and unvotes must be in bold in order to be counted. Unvoting before casting a new vote is not necessary, but a good habit nonetheless. (i.e. Unvote, vote Buttwist etc).

2. Lynches always require a majority of votes (i.e., this means 4 votes are required for a lynch when 6 people are still alive). After a lynch has been reached, votes or unvotes are no longer counted.

3. You may vote No Lynch. (i.e. Vote No Lynch). If a majority votes No Lynch, the day will end without a lynch.

4. While you are dead, you may no longer post.

5. You are not allowed to quote personal messages from me.

6. You are not allowed to edit your posts.

7. Do not use spoiler tags. Also, do not put and/or hide messages in links, voice recordings, images or other various forms of media (that is not text based) in your posts.

8. It's forbidden to discuss the game outside of the game-topic, unless specifically stated by your role or moderator.

9. If a situation arises where these rules are ambiguous or incomplete in any way, what the moderator says will go. If you have any questions or comments, you may either post them in the thread or shoot the moderator a PM. If you send a PM, the moderator is more likely to respond.

10. You need to send the moderator a PM with your night actions for an action to take place. If you do not meet the night deadline, you do not get to take an action.

11. If days take too long, the moderator (JoeTurtle) may impose a deadline. If no majority of votes has been reached by the deadline, then the person who has the most votes on them shall be lynched.

Game Specific Rules:

1) Night actions will preformed in a logical order. In case a logical order cannot be determined, skills that were sent to the moderator sooner will be prioritized. [ie. Player 1 sends a PM to kill Player 2 after Player 2 already sent a PM to kill Player 1. Player 1 will die before being able to preform his kill, so Player 2 will live.]

2) The Time Traveler cannot change his own death.

3) Deaths (along with their role) will be confirmed at the beginning of each day. These deaths can no longer be changed.
Spoiler

[mafia]
[moderator]JoeTurtle[/moderator]
[alive]Karab[/alive]
[alive]RagicanoX[/alive]
[alive]daumis1992[/alive]
[alive]Chas3_Th3_Dr3am[/alive]
[alive]bughead10[/alive]
[alive]Zadion[/alive]
[alive]Demonkings[/alive]
[alive]sammysowners[/alive]
[alive]Taylor[/alive]
[alive]teonaruto[/alive]
[alive]Zxcvbnm843[/alive]
[alive]lordhyuga13[/alive]
[alive]DeathShadow[/alive]
[alive]Hazaal[/alive]
[phase]Night[/phase]
[/mafia]

Posted on December 22, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Zadion, The Twisted Child of Death

Contribution: 1,077 (757 + 320)
Oh man, this set up sounds like so much fun. Especially the other roles. I wish you would've postponed this to after Demon's game, because being in two Mafia games at once is too confusing for me. >_>

hello, it's me. i was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
  Posted on December 22, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Chas3_Th3_Dr3am, Dreamer of the Ancestors

Contribution: 2,354 (2,097 + 257)
Can you further elaborate on what the Time Traveler can do with his power? It is very confusing.
Check out my Soundcloud!

Rainbows, sunshine. Everywhere we go.
  Posted on December 22, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Chas3_Th3_Dr3am wrote:

Can you further elaborate on what the Time Traveler can do with his power? It is very confusing.

I'll try my best. The time traveler only has night actions. But he can change the actions taken the previous day, or he can change events yet to occur.

Say the historian uses his day kill. the time traveler can negate the kill if he wants, but he cannot change the target of the kill.

Or say you need 5 votes to kill someone, Joeturtle and Chas3 each have 4 votes. Then Zadion votes Joeturtle, ending the day. The time traveler can change Zadions vote to Chas3. The next morning, Joeturtle will still be alive (if he wasn't night killed) and Chas3 would be dead. All actions used on Chas3 would fail that night.

Or the time traveler can adjust the future. Let's say the Saboteur chooses Zadion. Zadion is an innocent town, but the Time Traveler plants evidence to "make whoever the Saboteur chooses to look like the Cyborg". The sensitive would receive "Zadion is an innocent townie" while the rest of the players would get "Zadion is a cyborg". Or the TT could say "the investigator's results are inconclusive" Its almost like a glorified role blocker.
  Posted on December 22, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Contribution: 3,492 (3,159 + 333)
Sign me in
-----------germ---------another germ---------------
-----------GERMS ALL OVER THE PLACE---------
Oh Look at that, looks like there's SO MANY MOD GERMS
Okay, who the flower's the smartass

Now THAT's just being a precious flower.

I am going to slam a lovely rainbow flower into your beautiful face you flower
  Posted on December 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
Didn't read a single thing except the first line.

I'm in.
  Posted on December 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM
daumis1992, The Relaxed Tactician of the Ancestors

Contribution: 218 (181 + 37)
Four games at once, why not.
Sign me in
  Posted on December 22, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Chas3_Th3_Dr3am, Dreamer of the Ancestors

Contribution: 2,354 (2,097 + 257)
Gotcha, Joe. I'm in.
Check out my Soundcloud!

Rainbows, sunshine. Everywhere we go.
  Posted on December 22, 2013 at 12:33 PM
bughead10, The Black Kid of Death

Contribution: 899 (712 + 187)
I can't not join a game like this.

Sign me up please.
  Posted on December 22, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Zadion, The Twisted Child of Death

Contribution: 1,077 (757 + 320)
bughead10 wrote:

I can't not join a game like this.

Sign me up please.

My thought too, really.

It's going to get confusing being in all these games, but sign me up.

hello, it's me. i was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
  Posted on December 22, 2013 at 3:26 PM
  Posted on December 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM

RagicanoX wrote:

Didn't read a single thing except the first line.

I'm in.

You might want to read a bit more than that before the game starts. Or you'll be mightily confused.

And the RebelSpy has been renamed the Saboteur.
  Posted on December 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM
sammysowners, The Untouchable Warbringer

Contribution: 388 (345 + 43)
join
  Posted on December 22, 2013 at 5:08 PM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
JoeTurtle wrote:

(...)

You might want to read a bit more than that before the game starts. Or you'll be mightily confused.

And the RebelSpy has been renamed the Saboteur.

Okey o3o

edit b4 game starts: Wow this game is crazy. Probably the most dynamic mafia set up I've ever signed up for lol I love it!
  Posted on December 23, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Taylor, The Manipulative Tactician of the Darkness

Contribution: 1,189 (1,010 + 179)
Awesome game, awesome setup.

Count me in.

Elevation - The Rise of the Mercenary
Show me the gold and I'll show you victory.