Topic: I sleep listening to the following playlist like a log.

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on December 26, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Sakon, The Manipulative Savior

Contribution: 89 (54 + 35)

Do you sleep listening to any music? And if so, what?
  Posted on December 26, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Arasoi, The Untouchable Priestess

Contribution: 626 (537 + 89)

A group of scientists worked with a band called Marconi Union to create the song "Weightless". Apparently it relaxes your body or whatever, but I use it to get to sleep and when I need to relax after a stressful day.
  Posted on December 27, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Encore, The Demonic Elite

Contribution: 1,703 (1,379 + 324)
I sleep listening to my fan.
jeremiah gottwald 50% man 50% machine. 2000% loyalty

''Anything is possible'' - Yuudai. Hana X Tadashi confirmed 2013.
  Posted on December 27, 2013 at 1:47 AM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
Encore wrote:

I sleep listening to my fan.

We are not alone.
  Posted on December 27, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Ein, The Crystal Fire of the Red Dawn

Contribution: 821 (713 + 108)
I SEE DEAFHEAVEN
My last.fm profile.
Albums I've been digging recently:
Trophy Scars - Holy Vacants
The Gaslight Anthem - Get Hurt
Joyce Manor - Never Hungover Again

Posted on January 23, 2014 at 7:29 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tfnHiiVbLQ

I added this along with other Alcest songs to my sleeping playlist now that I actually can afford the albums in hard copy.
  Posted on January 23, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Ein, The Crystal Fire of the Red Dawn

Contribution: 821 (713 + 108)
What do you think of Shelter, Sakon?
My last.fm profile.
Albums I've been digging recently:
Trophy Scars - Holy Vacants
The Gaslight Anthem - Get Hurt
Joyce Manor - Never Hungover Again

Posted on January 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Ein wrote:

What do you think of Shelter, Sakon?

They've always had post rock elements in their music along with black metal, but they've never had an album that was nothing but the former of the 2 styles, so it was an interesting experience to say the least.

It reminds me of Opeth's Heritage. Opeth always had Prog mixed with Death Metal and Heritage was nothing but Prog. I'm sure like Heritage, it's going to be an album that will turn off some of the band's long time fans, but also a way to captivate new ones. My girlfriend loved Shelter, I don't think she would if it had Black Metal in it on the other hand, kind of like that.

I thought the track Away as really amazing but my favorite is the one I posted above, The Night Walk With me. ( I think that is what it is in French )

Over all, it's a great way to kick off 2014. Alcest has more or less raised up the post black metal / Blackgaze / Atmospheric black metal movement and has in a indirect way, made bands like Wolves In The Throne Room and Deafheaven, and now that the torch has moe or less been passed down, Neige is focusing on this style and I have no objections whats so ever. I'm going to miss moments like in Élévation, but it's still the same Alcest I love at heart.
  Posted on August 14, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Zadion, The Twisted Child of Death

Contribution: 1,077 (757 + 320)
Sakon wrote:

It reminds me of Opeth's Heritage

Hold up, you actually liked Heritage? Man, I love Opeth but that album is terrible and Pale Communion ain't much better.

Shelter is also awful and really disappointed me.

As for the topic, I actually struggle sleeping to anything except instrumental music, namely soundtracks. Sleeping to the Clannad OST is pretty much one of the most relaxing and beautiful experiences in the world for me, though. There's seriously not any other soundtrack better to sleep to.

hello, it's me. i was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
  Posted on August 14, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Rogue-nin, The Flaming Wolf

Contribution: 39 (29 + 10)
I have to commend some of you above me for having to ability to sleep on some of the songs mentioned. I couldn't.
Zadion wrote:

I actually struggle sleeping to anything except instrumental music

Agreed.

Quite a few years back when I was a rather hardcore Naruto fan, I used to fall asleep to its OST's each and every night, no discussion. Plus, it was a rather good blockage of some rather *ahem* loud nightly activities.

The only problem with that was that I was too lazy to sort them out properly and would always jump in the middle of the night when the likes of Orochimaru's fighting theme or Need to be strong blared in full force.

Nowadays, classic is the way to go for me, with Moonlight Sonata, Clair de Lune and Nocturno at the top of the playlist. I'm not really a fan of classical music, but I find them quite relaxing and enjoyable at night or after a hard day at work with irking individuals.
  Posted on September 6, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Zadion wrote:

(...)

Hold up, you actually liked Heritage? Man, I love Opeth but that album is terrible and Pale Communion ain't much better.

Shelter is also awful and really disappointed me.

As for the topic, I actually struggle sleeping to anything except instrumental music, namely soundtracks. Sleeping to the Clannad OST is pretty much one of the most relaxing and beautiful experiences in the world for me, though. There's seriously not any other soundtrack better to sleep to.

You know how you really like something at first but later on you don't like it as much?

Well, there you go. I still really like a few songs off of Heritage though, really didn't enjoy Pale Communion that much besides the first and third tracks.

I still like some things off of Shelter though, nowhere near Album Of The Year for me though.

I've added a lot of Draconian and My Dying Bride to that list, as well as some DSBM like Ghost Bath, a pretty cool band from China.

Oh I also added the new WITTR album, if you haven't listened to that check it out, it is 100 % instrumental.

I also sleep to the new Panopticon album. It's like Blue Grass / American folk mixed with Progressive Black Metal ( I don't really think that is the right term tbh )

It's called Roads To The North.

Think Agalloch with fiddle.
  Posted on September 7, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Zadion, The Twisted Child of Death

Contribution: 1,077 (757 + 320)
Sakon wrote:

(...)

You know how you really like something at first but later on you don't like it as much?

Well, there you go. I still really like a few songs off of Heritage though, really didn't enjoy Pale Communion that much besides the first and third tracks.

I still like some things off of Shelter though, nowhere near Album Of The Year for me though.

I've added a lot of Draconian and My Dying Bride to that list, as well as some DSBM like Ghost Bath, a pretty cool band from China.

Oh I also added the new WITTR album, if you haven't listened to that check it out, it is 100 % instrumental.

I also sleep to the new Panopticon album. It's like Blue Grass / American folk mixed with Progressive Black Metal ( I don't really think that is the right term tbh )

It's called Roads To The North.

Think Agalloch with fiddle.

Oddly enough, Pale Communion is growing on me considerably. "Faith in Others" is one of the best songs Opeth's ever done. I think it's definitely better than Heritage, at least. Thank goodness. Still not up to the standard Opeth has set, but who knows, maybe it'll grow on me more.

I haven't listened to the new WIITR actually because I pretty much hate WIITR, lol, and even fans of the band have told me their new one is pretty... odd, and not very good.

Panopticon is actually something I've been meaning to check out anyway. How could bluegrass + prog black go wrong, right?

hello, it's me. i was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
  Posted on September 24, 2014 at 4:55 AM

Zadion wrote:

(...)

Oddly enough, Pale Communion is growing on me considerably. "Faith in Others" is one of the best songs Opeth's ever done. I think it's definitely better than Heritage, at least. Thank goodness. Still not up to the standard Opeth has set, but who knows, maybe it'll grow on me more.

I haven't listened to the new WIITR actually because I pretty much hate WIITR, lol, and even fans of the band have told me their new one is pretty... odd, and not very good.

Panopticon is actually something I've been meaning to check out anyway. How could bluegrass + prog black go wrong, right?

Song Of The Year For Me So Far

Which is lovely since I haven't been that crazy on the new Agalloch album ( I think Plateau Of The Ages is one of the best songs they've ever done though, lol ) But this fills that semi void in my year. XD