Topic: mythu's review

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on December 29, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
Right, I don't have a problem with the Moderators' level of involvement, you guys have been doing a fantastic job. It's just that, I see you, Takeo, and Arasoi make comments more than ten times as often as I see Yuudai and Yukigaaru. It's just a shame because it feels like all of our concerns are being addressed only by the people who actually don't have the power to do anything about them.
  Posted on December 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM
mythu, The Ancestral Pacifist of the Shishi

Contribution: 7 (5 + 2)
mythu wrote:

Another wish would be:
-being allowed not to distribute exp points after battle, ofc System saying: Are you sure? Some points weren't distributed, then chose to continue or not in case you forgot to distribute.

We are now allowed to add exp point beyond level up, before we couldn't distibute when it reached level up. It's better than before!
I would need some level resets but it's ok having to struggle more in battles. I even lose on easy AI's if I don't pick an assassin(or high damage) in my team.
  Posted on December 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Nori, Wolf of the Seishin

Contribution: 2,123 (1,747 + 376)
How often do you see the people who make major games getting directly involved in the community? Not that often, they have people like me who do it for them. As an admin, I can give what responses you need, and get those I can't. Yuki and Yuudai spend their time working on the game, not chatting on the forums.

Big thanks to JoeTurtle for this one^^

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Not sure who Akatsuki is? Check out the Akatsuki Clan Topic!
  Posted on December 30, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
I'm thinking of one primary example which is League of Legends, and there's an even GREATER number of players involved there. I don't play many online games so I don't have many other examples, but I don't think I need too many specific examples to argue that admins should be communicating with their players.

When I say admins, I'm talking about the people who actually know how to code the game. And it's not "chatting" that I'm asking for, it's answering simple questions like "when can we expect to have a points ladder?" They can't be all that busy working on the game, considering we only see updates once or twice a month. Don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing them of slacking off, I'm saying that I highly doubt they are too busy working on the game to be able to post some brief comments on a forum.
  Posted on December 30, 2013 at 4:23 AM
Demonkings, The Golden Demon

Contribution: 1,488 (1,318 + 170)
Nori wrote:

How often do you see the people who make major games getting directly involved in the community? Not that often, they have people like me who do it for them. As an admin, I can give what responses you need, and get those I can't. Yuki and Yuudai spend their time working on the game, not chatting on the forums.

That will totally be unique that we have both hardworking and friendly interactive admins!
  Posted on December 30, 2013 at 9:00 AM
mythu, The Ancestral Pacifist of the Shishi

Contribution: 7 (5 + 2)
IMO many/most people prefer not to complicate their lives so it's more than natural for their fellows/members to respect their way of life.
  Posted on December 30, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Nori, Wolf of the Seishin

Contribution: 2,123 (1,747 + 376)
Dates are an exception. Things can come up at any time, Yuudai recently spent a couple of weeks off for personal reasons, which meant half the work normally done was done. Thus, any deadlines set in that period would not have been met, and as experience has taught us, if we provide a date and don't meet it, it is worse than not providing one in the first place. This is why I delete dates that get put up, and tell the admins not to put one up unless they know they can make it, and given how volatile life is, that is rarely. I get you guys want dates, and with a huge team that can cover for any discrepancies in time date's are fine, but we don't have that, so at best the admins can say what they are working on now, which they have done.

As for me (being an admin), I don't tell you guys what I'm working on because a lot of what I'm working on I do whenever I have the motivation to work on it, I don't do it. Unless it's a character story I want done by a specific date, I can take months to write a single story, or I can have it done overnight. Since I have no way of anticipating this, I don't give dates, and I rarely even say what I'm working on unless I really like it. Perhaps if the userbase could prove itself more accommodating to the issues that come up on our end, maybe we could find a compromise, but that hasn't happened yet. So maybe you kids can work on that.

Big thanks to JoeTurtle for this one^^

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Not sure who Akatsuki is? Check out the Akatsuki Clan Topic!