Topic: An old player's review and suggestions

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on December 29, 2013 at 6:49 PM
2 thumbs up
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
Nori wrote:

Right, you call BS on it, that's fine. How do you want it fixed? It doesn't do us a lot of good if we go 'Okay, we'll change it to this' and then you lot just whine about the changes anyway, that gets both sides nowhere.

No, we whine when the admins make sudden changes that were NOT discussed with us beforehand. We've seen this many times before already -- a user or the admins propose something, we bounce around ideas until we agree, and the admins implement the fix with ONE additional detail that completely %$#s up the whole plan to the point where it's not what we had originally asked for. We saw this with balance changes, level caps, rarity system, and we'll probably see it again for any other proposal we make.

The admins will implement this head hunter thing and make it cost 2000 gold per use.
Qoute:

Or, you guys could do the job I've been asking you to do ALL THIS TIME and come up with a suggestion yourselves.

I've seen quite a few suggestions flying around. The thing is, they don't seem to be hitting the ears of Yuudai and Yukigaaru, and they matter most if we want to make changes.
  Posted on December 29, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Nori, Wolf of the Seishin

Contribution: 2,123 (1,747 + 376)
It's not an issue of us 'starting a flame war', it's an issue of most of the suggestions we see fail to maintain the reasoning for the changes in the first place, it was done to get people to play the game. If getting characters becomes an instant, no effort option, then people unlock everyone and they're done, and we're back to pre-reborn.

As I have said countless times, if you want things changed, then tell me HOW you want them changed. No, you're not going to get a direct reply from the other admins, but you know who talks directly to them? I do. So if I find a decent idea for changes to the rarity system, I will pass it on. 'Make it easier' is not a suggestion. As Takeo pointed out, you were really just listing things, not making a suggestion, and they have the same issue of they can be done in one shot, so you could just pick and choose, and once you get the right team, unlock every character in the time it takes to get one now. That's not happening. You know why, you've been told why over and over, so instead of giving up, look at why that suggestion was ignored, what flaws it had, and come up with a new one. That's how suggestions work.

As to not getting to Yuki and Yuudai, that's because I've not seen any worth passing on. If there are good ones out there I've missed, by all means link me to them, but overall I've seen very little of worth in the debate over the rarity system.

Also, I'll not comment on the changes they make to things, at the end of the day it's their project, they will change what they see fit to change.

Big thanks to JoeTurtle for this one^^

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Not sure who Akatsuki is? Check out the Akatsuki Clan Topic!
  Posted on December 29, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 thumbs up
zacrathedemon5, The Manipulative Defender of Santi

Contribution: 225 (171 + 54)
Good luck with the game, guys. Hoping for the best.

Sig made by InsanityisArt (Soul Arena member)
  Posted on December 30, 2013 at 3:52 AM
1 thumbs up
Salsaman, The Ruthless General of the Military

Contribution: 162 (86 + 76)
Nori wrote:

It's not an issue of us 'starting a flame war', it's an issue of most of the suggestions we see fail to maintain the reasoning for the changes in the first place, it was done to get people to play the game. If getting characters becomes an instant, no effort option, then people unlock everyone and they're done, and we're back to pre-reborn.

As I have said countless times, if you want things changed, then tell me HOW you want them changed. No, you're not going to get a direct reply from the other admins, but you know who talks directly to them? I do. So if I find a decent idea for changes to the rarity system, I will pass it on. 'Make it easier' is not a suggestion. As Takeo pointed out, you were really just listing things, not making a suggestion, and they have the same issue of they can be done in one shot, so you could just pick and choose, and once you get the right team, unlock every character in the time it takes to get one now. That's not happening. You know why, you've been told why over and over, so instead of giving up, look at why that suggestion was ignored, what flaws it had, and come up with a new one. That's how suggestions work.

Ok, you want me to make a suggestion on how to make it better instead of just %?#*$ and moan about it?! FINE! I shall once again pitch the idea I had previously pitched in another thread. Some people do not want to play competitively all the time. Sometimes they just wanna play for fun or for team testing, but A.I. easy, which doesn't affect our rarity, is to easy to beat and cannot offer us a good enough test to see if the team we are using is any good since the player is at a clear advantage since the A.I. gets 1 less energy a turn. If you wanna team test the A.I. Normal then your rarity is at stake and if your team is no good your rarity is at stake if you're going to do character searching. Private battles would be the best option but even here, for example, I only have 1 friend I have here I can PB (unless someone in chat is up for it) plus no offense but some players just may not be at the competitive level you are . And having just started really playing this game only a few months ago, cannot offer him a very good team testing match like a veteran player could.

Now for my idea. What I would propose (keeping in mind if the rarity system cannot or will not be fixed despite people complaining it is flawed, which I can see losing a sixth of your rarity for a lost game is pretty costly at a higher level) would be a draft team testing mode option. How I would expect it to work if it is doable, would be that it would be exactly like facing a normal A.I. player BUT for winning the game, you will not get recruitment, gold (if any maybe just 1 or 2 for winning if you want to offer some incentive so it doesn't seem a total waste of time other then team testing) and also no reward or rarity points will be gained BUT on the other hand for a loss no rarity points will be lost! This would offer players a chance to test teams without fear of putting their hard earned rarity cost at stake just for a team that maybe didn't work out so well.

I'm sorry if I sound rude here but you keep telling us to stop complaining about it and offer suggestions to how it can be fixed, but to be honest, I see very little #%*$?@!* and moaning here (though I can tell Nori seems to be getting a tad bit frustrated here) I do see people offering suggestions, which are constantly being ignored which is a shame. I would like to think that if doable (Idk if my idea would be doable or programable or codeable or whatever)but at least its a suggestion. I would like the admins to seriously consider this suggestion as it could save players from leaving this site for good. I personally know someone who is downright frustrated at the way its going now and is seriously considering quitting as a result which is a damn shame considering how much he invested into this game and how much he clearly loves the game.

Is that how you're going to treat your players who have been with you since the very beginning?! Just keep in mind this is NOT JUST YOUR game, its all of ours! We all play and love war of ninja! I love the characters and designs and the originality and hard work that clearly went into making them! I love the fact we can make custom skins for players! I love the story modes and enjoy playing them! I love the experience system of winning battles and leveling up our characters as we go! I love the absolutely genius idea of the items that can be used by characters! I love war of ninja so much and would really hate to see it die out! Again, apologies if I made it seem like I'm being rude.
  Posted on December 30, 2013 at 4:25 AM
5 thumbs up
Zadion, The Twisted Child of Death

Contribution: 1,077 (757 + 320)
Nori wrote:

It's not an issue of us 'starting a flame war', it's an issue of most of the suggestions we see fail to maintain the reasoning for the changes in the first place, it was done to get people to play the game.

Funny you say that, because the changes meant to get people to keep playing the game have actually caused many to completely stop playing. Too much effort is just as painful to the game as not enough. You guys need to find a balance.

I just want a mod to admit to me that 10 hours so far to find Kasui (probably another hour or so by now, I still haven't found her) is ridiculous and it should not even take half that long.

Being able to purchase a character for three times the recruitment cost would be okay with me, as well. But what I really would like to see is for high rarity characters to be bumped up the priority list for players with high rarity (that example I gave before).

hello, it's me. i was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
  Posted on December 30, 2013 at 4:59 AM
1 thumbs up
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
Nori wrote:

As to not getting to Yuki and Yuudai, that's because I've not seen any worth passing on. If there are good ones out there I've missed, by all means link me to them, but overall I've seen very little of worth in the debate over the rarity system.

Also, I'll not comment on the changes they make to things, at the end of the day it's their project, they will change what they see fit to change.

Just to be clear, I personally don't have an issue with the system myself. The only reason I make suggestions is to please the broad populace that does in fact have issues with it. I would hate to see faithful, hardcore players decide to throw in the towel.

I myself don't want to unlock characters quickly or easily. However, I'm not a competitive player. A great majority of the player base IS competitive players, and they just want the entire roster at their full disposal which is understandable. Obviously if there are this many players who dislike the system, it can't be that there's something wrong with all of them. Clearly it's a problem with the game.

That's like someone having 40 ex-girlfriends and thinking there was something wrong with all 40 of them; no clearly it would be something said person was doing wrong. I've already stated suggestions multiple times so to avoid redundancy I won't repeat them.
  Posted on January 15, 2014 at 12:15 PM
6 thumbs up
Yukigaaru, The Respected Commander of the Military

Contribution: 1,628 (1,085 + 543)
Regarding the difficulty of finding characters or others ways to get them.

After clan support our marketing campaign starts which will involve buying characters directly with $, as an alternative.

It's important for us to finally get a source of income to further support the game and the upcoming advertising.
  Posted on January 15, 2014 at 12:50 PM
2 thumbs up

Yukigaaru wrote:

After clan support our marketing campaign starts which will involve buying characters directly with $, as an alternative.

It's important for us to finally get a source of income to further support the game and the upcoming advertising.

Best news I've heard in a while regarding WoN. Awesome.
  Posted on January 15, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
That is actually a very smart idea, can't believe no one else seemed to think of it. The question will now be figuring out what the right price point for that will be -- now we're involving some legit financing/economics. XD

Thanks for the update, Yukigaaru.
  Posted on January 15, 2014 at 6:09 PM
1 thumbs up

Nestec wrote:

That is actually a very smart idea, can't believe no one else seemed to think of it. The question will now be figuring out what the right price point for that will be -- now we're involving some legit financing/economics. XD

Thanks for the update, Yukigaaru.

I actually did have this idea, but it did not receive much attention. Regardless, it's now being implemented so I'm happy.
  Posted on January 15, 2014 at 6:11 PM
Low, The Manipulative Elite

Contribution: 3,950 (3,650 + 300)
Yukigaaru wrote:

This sounds like a good idea. =o
  Posted on January 15, 2014 at 6:15 PM
1 thumbs up
ahmed780, The Manipulative Diva of the Clouded Dreams

Contribution: 270 (243 + 27)
Yukigaaru wrote:

That Sounds Awesome, I wouldn't have a problem if i had to buy Characters 3x their price.
Murasaki wrote:

I actually did have this idea, but it did not receive much attention. Regardless, it's now being implemented so I'm happy.

Yes, I've seen your post. It was Brilliant, dude. Glad that your idea is being Implemented.
  Posted on February 26, 2014 at 11:45 PM
2 thumbs up
VertuHonagan, The Old Samurai of the Ancients

Contribution: 888 (803 + 85)
Nori wrote:

I thought the whole point of the RPG SYSTEM was to get players to play more. NOT change the entire games unlocking system and destroy the awesome map that we had before. The whole reason I was all for the RPG system was because it was proposed to ONLY change the characters. NOT the entire game. If I had known before that you all were gonna destroy the game that I loved and turned it into this....I would have been strongly against the change.

The RPG system is supposed to encourage players to play more to fully level up their characters. Making players wait until they are at player level 40 just to be able to unlock the Daimyo's, which can take a few months of grinding in and of itself, just pushes veteran players away from the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting more people playing and playing more often, but honestly, all this has done is turned off the vast majority of your fan-based veterans that have been here since Beta. Most the players that I knew and talked to a lot don't play anymore. They now only come to look at forums and reply to mail.
  Posted on February 27, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Nori, Wolf of the Seishin

Contribution: 2,123 (1,747 + 376)
So once again, we're ignoring the core point of what I have been saying.

I am aware that there are issues, and highlighting the issues that have been mentioned before is clearly getting you nowhere. What we want is for you guys to say 'This is the problem, I think we should do this to fix it'. I am getting tired of repeating this over and over, if you guys can't understand what I'm saying then I'm done responding.

We don't need complaints, we need solutions.

Also, ffs, it was just a map. There are plans to re-integrate it, but it' so low priority right now because it's just a map.

Big thanks to JoeTurtle for this one^^

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Not sure who Akatsuki is? Check out the Akatsuki Clan Topic!
  Posted on February 27, 2014 at 1:28 AM
4 thumbs up
ocnarb, The Dark Demon of the Moon

Contribution: 55 (36 + 19)
Honestly I stopped playing because of the RPG update, it ruined the game for me, now not only you have to do a lot more grinding but you also must have the luck to find all the characters. Also leveling up the caracters in WoN is boring.

Also, you guys promise one thing and deliver another, you said fully leveled characters would continue the same, but they didnt. You said you did that to increase variety, for me there was enough variety with characters and itens. You could just have added more characters and itens for more variety, but no, you had to ruin characters and now everytime we want to try a new build we have to pay for it.

Dont get me wrong there were some great updates too, like boss battles. I know you guys invested so much time in it, but honestly the game only needed more constant updates, more characters, more itens, more history... so you could have just done that.

About new players: you didnt need this RPG system for trying to keep them in game (which IMO is way worse than the old system for the new player), you could only make them play the AI instead of players to do the missions. The problem was that the average WoN player had much more knowledge and skill than a new player, making really hard for them to win games. Now you arent getting new players and you are losing the old ones.

So as you asked, here are the solutions IMO:

Add ways for people to contribute to the game with cash;
Use the cash to advertise the game;
Do more constant updates;
Allow characters to max skills;
Remove this leveling thing;
Tone down the grinding a little, by making characters a little easier to get.