Topic: Gods' Game [MAFIA DAY 3]

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on January 30, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Taylor, The Manipulative Tactician of the Darkness

Contribution: 1,189 (1,010 + 179)
No_One wrote:

(...)

No_one knows for certain. Except for the mafia. I have a feeling you have a theory and will share it.

I do, but I'd like to hear what people have to say first.

Elevation - The Rise of the Mercenary
Show me the gold and I'll show you victory.
  Posted on January 30, 2014 at 2:15 AM
No_One, Prisoner

Contribution: 1 (1 + 0)
Taylor wrote:

I do, but I'd like to hear what people have to say first.

User: Daumis1992
Deductions: He is hardly a threat from the games I have seen him in. When you compare him to high priority targets like yourself or Karab, he seems unimportant. His play style can easily be masked by a language barrier; English is not his primary language. He often has mafioso traits. His death does not tie into others easily, if at all.

What sets him apart is that he was a safe kill. Other safe kills that fit the same style of Daumis include sammysowners, Theslimer3, lordhyuga13 and Shikate. I cannot determine the precise reason why Daumis was chosen. Enlighten me, Taylor.
  Posted on January 30, 2014 at 2:28 AM
Taylor, The Manipulative Tactician of the Darkness

Contribution: 1,189 (1,010 + 179)
No_One wrote:

(...)

User: Daumis1992
Deductions: He is hardly a threat from the games I have seen him in. When you compare him to high priority targets like yourself or Karab, he seems unimportant. His play style can easily be masked by a language barrier; English is not his primary language. He often has mafioso traits. His death does not tie into others easily, if at all.

What sets him apart is that he was a safe kill. Other safe kills that fit the same style of Daumis include sammysowners, Theslimer3, lordhyuga13 and Shikate. I cannot determine the precises reason why Daumis was chosen. Enlighten me, Taylor.

I must say that is a good analysis, after all.

There wasn't indeed a reason to kill Daumis when other targets were available. This means two things from our Mafia fellows:

1 - They were playing in a conservative way because they wanted a safe kill;

2 - They are these players that are the high priorities.

I know that I am not one of these players. Therefore, as far as I see, the first possibility is more likely. Another thing, no matter how irrational, that might've changed the course of Mafia's actions was not wanting to target the Insane Believer. Although role selection is often random, some people have cases of apophenia on which they believe that more important players tend to get more important roles.

These two factors would lead me into thinking that Mafia is actually composed of beginners to the game, people that are not sure how to play. I know, for a chance, that Sammysowners is inactive (because of his actions on The Illusion of Time), and I also know that Low might've targeted Daumis on TIOT as well, which, albeit breaking my initial deduction, fits possibility #2.

Lordhyuga is also someone that I have my sights on. Shikate... I wouldn't bet on it - I believe (to be blatantly honest) that he could've done worse - but I still want to hear his positioning. Ahmed is still on an undefined playstyle, reason why I'd also like to hear his points.

The important thing to know is that I have my sights on you, Low, and you, Lordhyuga. I also have my eye on you, No_One, seeing how the way that you are trying to survey the environment is not the usual way for someone in a first Mafia game.

Of course, this is not your first Mafia game, but this is your first Mafia game.

Elevation - The Rise of the Mercenary
Show me the gold and I'll show you victory.
  Posted on January 30, 2014 at 3:36 AM
Low, The Manipulative Elite

Contribution: 3,950 (3,650 + 300)
Well let me just confess and get this over with. I am simple town.
  Posted on January 30, 2014 at 3:56 AM
lordhyuga13, The Twisted Alchemist

Contribution: 81 (78 + 3)
Any particular reason that I'm suspicious to you Taylor? I'm town, there's not much more to say about it at this point.

Also, I'd be careful terming Daumis a "safe kill". He was one of the more experienced players in this game, along with you (taylor), low and karab. Although since I don't know who some of the alts are that statement may be wrong. Just a thought….
"The heart of a fool is in his mouth, but the mouth of the wise man is in his heart."

Benjamin Franklin
  Posted on January 30, 2014 at 4:04 AM

Taylor: Is there any particular reason you mentioned me, except this being my second post in the game?
  Posted on January 30, 2014 at 4:55 AM
No_One, Prisoner

Contribution: 1 (1 + 0)
Taylor wrote:

The important thing to know is that I have my sights on you, Low, and you, Lordhyuga. I also have my eye on you, No_One, seeing how the way that you are trying to survey the environment is not the usual way for someone in a first Mafia game.

Of course, this is not your first Mafia game, but this is your first Mafia game.

You are very insightful, Taylor. This is not my first, yet it is my first Mafia game. I have a feeling, though, that this game will end up being the last played on this account. The main purpose of me using this alter ego was to mess with both Chas3 and Zadion. Alas, they have found me out, and many more will follow within the forthcoming days, yourself included.

It is understandable that you would want to keep a close eye on me, but do not let me draw too much of your attention. After all, the goal here is to find mafia, not figure out who is behind Alt# 1.

lordhyuga13 wrote:

Also, I'd be careful terming Daumis a "safe kill". He was one of the more experienced players in this game, along with you (taylor), low and karab.

I will agree that Daumis has played in a variety of games. With each game, it is true that he has improved. I would not call him experienced, if you base experience off more than games played. He can follow the majority vote and understand the reasons behind the votes, but does not bring worthwhile information to the game. A death of a sheep draws less attention than the death of the Sheppard.

Players like Low, Karab, Taylor, Ragi (Elevated) [and A7] consistently dig for information. I am not familiar with how you play, nor do I have much experience with Slimer, Shikate, or Sammy [inactive in many games], and as such, I cannot draw a conclusion as to where you fit on the experience scale of mafia. Your lack of active participation in recent games allows me to assume your experience with mafia is limited. If you wish to change my mind, this is the game to do so, as I will be watching closely.

By the way, as far as I am aware, I seem to be the only alt in this game. Toodle-loo.
  Posted on January 30, 2014 at 5:18 AM

Whos alt are you no one.
  Posted on January 30, 2014 at 6:16 AM
ahmed780, The Manipulative Diva of the Clouded Dreams

Contribution: 270 (243 + 27)
Low wrote:

Whos alt are you no one.

He Must be someone who played Dangan Ronpa Mafia or was at least following the game.

My Take on why Mafia killed daumis is that they wanted a safe kill. I can't think of any other reason why, because they have to look out for the Insane believer.
  Posted on January 30, 2014 at 6:17 AM

A7 wrote:

He Must be someone who played Dangan Ronpa Mafia or was at least following the game.

Forgot to say why... Because of this:
No_One wrote:

[and A7]

Posted on January 30, 2014 at 7:21 AM
Theslimer3, The Innocent Kid of the BETA

Contribution: 333 (260 + 73)
Thoery: Everyone's mean to Daumis
  Posted on January 30, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Taylor wrote:

(...)

I must say that is a good analysis, after all.

There wasn't indeed a reason to kill Daumis when other targets were available. This means two things from our Mafia fellows:

1 - They were playing in a conservative way because they wanted a safe kill;

2 - They are these players that are the high priorities.

I know that I am not one of these players. Therefore, as far as I see, the first possibility is more likely. Another thing, no matter how irrational, that might've changed the course of Mafia's actions was not wanting to target the Insane Believer. Although role selection is often random, some people have cases of apophenia on which they believe that more important players tend to get more important roles.

These two factors would lead me into thinking that Mafia is actually composed of beginners to the game, people that are not sure how to play. I know, for a chance, that Sammysowners is inactive (because of his actions on The Illusion of Time), and I also know that Low might've targeted Daumis on TIOT as well, which, albeit breaking my initial deduction, fits possibility #2.

Lordhyuga is also someone that I have my sights on. Shikate... I wouldn't bet on it - I believe (to be blatantly honest) that he could've done worse - but I still want to hear his positioning. Ahmed is still on an undefined playstyle, reason why I'd also like to hear his points.

1-I have said it a couple of times not to call me Ahmed, Even No one calls me A7, why can't you?
2-You want my opinion on the death of daumis? As I have said in an earlier post, I believe it's because they wanted a safe bet and due to some people believing that Good Players get good roles. (No Offense intended Daumis)
3-You'll soon be able to define my play style, I Just hope it won't annoy you lol
  Posted on January 30, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Contribution: 3,492 (3,159 + 333)
ahmed780 wrote:

(...)

1-I have said it a couple of times not to call me Ahmed, Even No one calls me A7, why can't you?
2-You want my opinion on the death of daumis? As I have said in an earlier post, I believe it's because they wanted a safe bet and due to some people believing that Good Players get good roles. (No Offense intended Daumis)
3-You'll soon be able to define my play style, I Just hope it won't annoy you lol

Knowing Taylor, he's trying to annoy you in order to allow him to manipulate the player base's view of your persona, thus allowing him to scapegoat you if necessary.
-----------germ---------another germ---------------
-----------GERMS ALL OVER THE PLACE---------
Oh Look at that, looks like there's SO MANY MOD GERMS
Okay, who the flower's the smartass

Now THAT's just being a precious flower.

I am going to slam a lovely rainbow flower into your beautiful face you flower
  Posted on January 30, 2014 at 10:34 AM
sammysowners, The Untouchable Warbringer

Contribution: 388 (345 + 43)
No_One wrote:

I am not familiar with how you play, nor do I have much experience with Slimer, Shikate, or Sammy [inactive in many games], and as such, I cannot draw a conclusion as to where you fit on the experience scale of mafia. Your lack of active participation in recent games allows me to assume your experience with mafia is limited. If you wish to change my mind, this is the game to do so, as I will be watching closely.

I'm quite active in many games, just not the current few that are/have been up...
  Posted on January 30, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Karab wrote:

(...)

Knowing Taylor, he's trying to annoy you in order to allow him to manipulate the player base's view of your persona, thus allowing him to scapegoat you if necessary.

If that's his aim, I sure as hell wouldn't find this game enjoyable. Taylor, Why do you like bullying me?