Poll: How frustrated do you get when you lose against ai norm/hard

17 vote(s) since January 27, 2014 at 7:07 AM

• None at all, just a game after all (0) (0%)
  • Meh, minor setback, I'll recover (5) (29.41%)
  • Ok, this is getting annoying (4) (23.53%)
  • Starting to get seriously poed (1) (5.88%)
  • **** this game (2) (11.76%)
  • *Throws laptop out window* (5) (29.41%)
 Topic: The rarity system

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on January 27, 2014 at 7:07 AM
6 thumbs up
Salsaman, The Ruthless General of the Military

Contribution: 162 (86 + 76)
So is anybody else getting just as frustrated with this new rarity system as I am? You know, getting your rarity up to a certain point, losing a game, then having your rarity drop, essentially flushing time spent winning previous games down the toilet? Losing 1 game, 1 stinking game should not set you back so much. If not for the fact I have invested so much time in this game (battles and skinning) I would just stop playing all together. I'm honestly so frustrated that its at the point where I only log in for a short time, play the a.i. easy to get my daily gold bonus and xp for characters not yet maxed, and then that's it (and maybe play a pb or 2 with some friends).

I'm guessing this is not what the mods want, people not putting a lot of time into this game that WILL die out AGAIN if something is not done soon. Though in other threads I have pitched an idea (a team testing mode that I will go into detail later upon request or inquiry) Up til now however mods have refused to comment on it or hardly acknowledge it (closest it came to was one mod said it 'sounded like a good idea'). I'm at a point where all my characters are maxed out and have 9 left to unlock, but after a string of loses after the new rarity system went into effect has set me back quite a bit. Then there's also the fact that even if I get to the desired rarity height there's no guarantee I won't find them after hours of play time searching for the AND god forbid I should lose a game when my rarity is at its max or at a respectable level.

I can't imagine the horror of having max rarity and losing a game. If I were to ever reach max rarity no way would I ever risk playing in a.i. normal or hard ever again, wouldn't be worth the effort to attempt to climb back up after a loss that high. Though with my team test idea that wouldn't be a problem. I also have many other ideas for different 'rarity systems' but won't elaborate on that here. And also, if I sound rude here I am not apologizing. I have pitched my ideas multiple times (as I'm sure many others have) just to have the mods turn their noses up at me and my suggestions. I honestly just don't know what to do at this point.
  Posted on January 27, 2014 at 4:01 PM
1 thumbs up
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,005 (1,806 + 199)
I agree with you is bad when you lose at max rarity but it only takes you down 3 battles on hard.

What you need to do is get a good team and beat the AI on hard.
Removed for ???
  Posted on January 27, 2014 at 4:05 PM
2 thumbs up
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
Nori has been proposing a new feature that will help to alleviate this problem.

http://forums.warofninja.com/15667/head-hunter-feature

As for your team-testing suggestion, there is absolutely no reason that idea shouldn't be approved -- there's no downfall to it and it makes perfect sense for this game, so hopefully the admins will see/have seen the suggestion floating around (it's been brought up almost more than any other suggestion has). Perhaps someone should just make an official proposal topic for it...
  Posted on January 27, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Salsaman, The Ruthless General of the Military

Contribution: 162 (86 + 76)
naruto-leaf wrote:

I agree with you is bad when you lose at max rarity but it only takes you down 3 battles on hard.

What you need to do is get a good team and beat the AI on hard.

Yeah, would be nice to get a 16% rarity boost, but its just not worth risking losing 1/6th of my rarity. There are times when I just barely win on normal ai difficulty that if it had gotten one extra energy a turn I'd have been done for.
Nestec wrote:

Nori has been proposing a new feature that will help to alleviate this problem.

http://forums.warofninja.com/15667/head-hunter-feature

As for your team-testing suggestion, there is absolutely no reason that idea shouldn't be approved -- there's no downfall to it and it makes perfect sense for this game, so hopefully the admins will see/have seen the suggestion floating around (it's been brought up almost more than any other suggestion has). Perhaps someone should just make an official proposal topic for it...

Yeah it is. And I have suggested it multiple times on multiple occasions in multiple threads. Maybe you're right, I should start another topic and fully explain how it would work.