Topic: Let's Write a Book!

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on February 17, 2014 at 2:17 PM
1 thumbs up
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Contribution: 3,492 (3,159 + 333)
So, I'm sure you've seen "2 word story" threads before, and I thought I'd try something similar. Just like a 2 word story thread, I'll post a small line, and then post 1 continues the story, post 2 takes over from 1 and so on so forth. However, there is NO post limit. Post 2 words, or post 1000 (try not to post overly long posts though, this is meant to be a community project, not your book featuring WoN)

Example:
Karab wrote:

Once upon a time there was a small, sleepy village. The houses were small and neat and everyone knew everyone else's name.

Taylor wrote:

But despite the pristine exterior, the village held a dark secret. Mysterious books, bound in questionable materials, stood upon the mantle of every house. No-one who visited stayed for long, for the mountains and forests that surrounded the village seemed to creep closer at night.

There are no restrictions on what you post, so long as it follows the following four simple rules:

--------------------------------------------------------
-The story must be contiguous (all posts must carry on from one to the other in a logical progression, however flashbacks/timeline jumps and the like are perfectly fine so long as they make sense)

-Regular Forums Rules must be followed (ie You cannot use the story to flame forum users or anything similar)

-You must not derail/end the story prematurely (ie if the last 50 posts have been about a small lovecraftian village with a sinister secret, don't drop in a time travelling robot of doom)

-You must not edit the content of your posts. Feel free to correct grammar, or swap around a few words, but don't remove lines/paragraphs entirely

--------------------------------------------------------

Are you ready?
If so, continue onto the next post in order to start the story!
-----------germ---------another germ---------------
-----------GERMS ALL OVER THE PLACE---------
Oh Look at that, looks like there's SO MANY MOD GERMS
Okay, who the flower's the smartass

Now THAT's just being a precious flower.

I am going to slam a lovely rainbow flower into your beautiful face you flower
  Posted on February 17, 2014 at 2:17 PM
1 thumbs up
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

There's something to be said for those who fear the darkness. Many think that the only thing hiding in the shadows is fear itself. How I wish that were true. Unfortunately, I know all too well the darker side of the night. I know the stench of evil. I've seen the faces of the darker gods. I've fought valiantly against them ever since I stumbled out of blissful ignorance.
But now that my time is almost up, I think it's time to tell my story. Pay attention to every word, because it may just save your life.
If it isn't already too late.

Posted on February 17, 2014 at 3:08 PM
godperica, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Ancestors

Contribution: 283 (245 + 38)
So, if you fear the darkness you know there's always hope and you can find me here all the time to show you the path to the light, or you can just stay lurking on the dark zone, but I must warn you,some people that try to remain there, can never come back or they just won't be the same.If you look ahead there's a man on the corner of this street that followed the dark side in hopes to get answers to his problems, and one decade later, he's still there.
Latest Character ->Suttikī Osuushi

Posted on February 17, 2014 at 4:28 PM
1 thumbs up
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,005 (1,806 + 199)
That man goes on the corner of that street every night to smoke his cigarette. Should you go ask him what happened a decade ago?
Removed for ???
  Posted on February 17, 2014 at 4:54 PM
1 thumbs up
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
Approaching the man, he takes a long drag of his poisonous vice. The vile scent attacks your nostrils as the smoke undulates around you. With a casual gesture the shady figure peers into your eyes as a slight smirk crawls along his visage. It appears he was expecting your presence.
  Posted on February 17, 2014 at 5:08 PM

And now that you've come, my dark side is reigniting the flame of this old man's grunting pain.

Posted on February 17, 2014 at 5:24 PM
1 thumbs up
Taylor, The Manipulative Tactician of the Darkness

Contribution: 1,189 (1,010 + 179)
"I was waiting for you, my young man" - says the person lying in darkness. "I am but a man looking for questions and, life being the cruel mistress it is, that means I can never find an answer. I see that you are one of the types that linger in darkness. May I know your name, shadow threader?"

Elevation - The Rise of the Mercenary
Show me the gold and I'll show you victory.
  Posted on February 17, 2014 at 5:29 PM
1 thumbs up

My name is all and all names are mine, if you decypher my identity, you'll be able to decide if you want to end up in the brighter or the darker side.

Posted on February 17, 2014 at 6:20 PM
1 thumbs up
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

"Is it really as the story tells it? Is darkness more than fear?"
Removed for ???
  Posted on February 17, 2014 at 8:48 PM
2 thumbs up
Taylor, The Manipulative Tactician of the Darkness

Contribution: 1,189 (1,010 + 179)
[JUST ONE QUICK NOTE, PEOPLE: If you put dialogues, INDICATE who is speaking! You are not a character, you are writing the story of MANY characters with everyone else. This is not an RPG, it is a Collab. Story!]

"I see you have quite your deal of confusion" - continues the old man - "and that is exactly what I'm looking for! Say, why have you come to me? Aren't you scared of me because I'm crazy? Aren't you afraid of being lost to the realm of being deranged? I request your answer, young'un.

Are you sure that you have what it takes, or are you lying to yourself?"

Elevation - The Rise of the Mercenary
Show me the gold and I'll show you victory.
  Posted on February 17, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 thumbs up
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

"I-I'm sure," you say, your breath stirring the grey miasma of smoke that threatens to choke you. Your lungs are burning, as if you are drowning. You wonder that perhaps you might be, the smoke is growing thicker now. The man is nothing more than a dark haze now, even though he is merely centimeters away.

Tears fill your eyes, and your legs begin to give out.

Posted on February 17, 2014 at 11:02 PM
1 thumbs up
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

The young man passed out. When he woke up he was inside a house. The old man who told him to stay out of the darkness was there.

"Where am I?" asked the young man. The old man replied, "You are in my house. I picked you up from the corner of the street. The man with the cigar already left."
Removed for ???
  Posted on February 22, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

"I warned you to stay away, you were lucky this time. You still have a chance to avoid my fate," The old man dictated, turning to a bookshelf groaning under the weight of countless, ancient books.

You step closer. You could leave, escape the fate that is slowly weaving itself into your life. But you're curious, and you aren't some common feline.

Posted on July 18, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Low, The Manipulative Elite

Contribution: 3,950 (3,650 + 300)
The old man suddenly turned into a beautiful princess and then turned into a swan. The swan flew and landed on a tree, and fell on the lap of a women, a tomboy.

He picked the princess and took her home.
"Look, I got a swan." She said.
  Posted on July 18, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Lilscoot88, The Radiant Diviner of the Clouded Dreams

Contribution: 318 (251 + 67)
The tomboy removed her baseball cap, revealing to the old swan that she is actually a young boy. The boy had flowing raven like hair that touched the tree's bark. A deep breath was taken by the young swan whilist griping the newfound swan in his lap.

"Yo, I see a swan but I'm not in a *%@#?!' pond/I'm a tree, G, go learn your ABC's." the young boy *%@?!#.
Spoiler

Why is the word r[a]pped censored? -_-