Topic: Why it's a problem...

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on February 22, 2014 at 12:34 AM
4 thumbs up
Johnny(TM), The Untouchable Veteran

Contribution: 1,142 (856 + 286)
I started to question myself if it's worth grinding for newer and newer characters. The problem here is that the rarity and the prices are making it hard to obtain any characters unless we really want to invest a lot of time into the game. Now I'm clear on that the admins can't update as often as other online games or can offer as much as them, but still - they want too much from the players. If a game offers something to obtain only the hard way, there is usually an easy way too (but then the player without time must look into his pocket).

To make a better picture, I made some calculations. I just spent gold carelessly on 3 characters that I need less right now, and went from 1000 gold down to 100. I still have 18 characters to unlock, and calculated that 7 interesting character would cost 4000 gold. Ok, so let's say that 18 character would cost over 12.000 gold in total, which sounds ridiculous to me. Even if you spend a lot of time in quick battles, each battle would pay 6 gold only, so you need to play over 2000 battles to get the characters. Let's assume you take 5 minutes to finish a battle, which makes it 170 hours of game from your life just to get the characters, not including money grinding for items, levelling and doing missions. Even if you have just 1 hour to spend on this game EVERY day (equals 72 gold), that would take half a year to get all the stuff(at this point), which is clearly an overkill.

Ok, we know we don't need all the characters, but for most players might get only up to 30 characters, and in 90% of the cases, it's only going to be the same characters for everyone, and probably not the characters they really need. Somebody might be ok to just mess around with his enemy with Sasori or go brainless with Jun, but if you want Kamiko, Hatsune, Kudoku and Yuzuki - you need to sell your soul to WoN. Give the players a choice and don't make it too difficult I say, some characters are expensive and not even worth buying them unless you really are a collector (like Isshou).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doing this just to brag about the system, I really thought this through. WoN is a good game spend some time with, but if it gets boring, it'll lose players.
  Posted on February 22, 2014 at 2:47 AM
Nori, Wolf of the Seishin

Contribution: 2,123 (1,747 + 376)
Moving this to reviews, it doesn't read as a suggestion to me. If you can point out the specific suggestion I'm willing to move it back, but I'm getting more 'Just make it easier' and no specific suggestion. If you can come up with a viable way to reduce the time without enforcing an endgame that outstrips releases, then by all means do so.

Big thanks to JoeTurtle for this one^^

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Not sure who Akatsuki is? Check out the Akatsuki Clan Topic!
  Posted on February 22, 2014 at 3:15 AM
Alpha_X, The Atoned Warbringer of Ninja Arts

Contribution: 75 (67 + 8)
You have a very good point with this
  Posted on February 22, 2014 at 3:51 AM
Vampyregurl55555, Prisoner

Contribution: 2 (2 + 0)
The suggestion is probably to introduce an easy way to obtain characters. Maybe more specifically, the option to obtain characters using real money?

Half a year isn't that overkill for someone playing an hour a day, as long as they unlocked new characters frequently enough during the journey there. Unlocking a new character every week or so for six months sounds like a reasonably enjoyable experience for someone who only stops in to play a few games or whatever on a daily basis. An hour is probably a high number, though.

Although 170 hours isn't that much too grind for someone who's dedicated to the game, it's a lot when you consider how monotonous the game is (or comp-stomping is, at least, which I assume is the fastest/safest way to get the content).
  Posted on February 22, 2014 at 7:07 AM
edwinas5524, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Nobles

Contribution: 2,382 (2,161 + 221)
johnys calculation is bad cuz characters like toge, yuzuki and other rare characters costs like 1k... also nori is talking about suggestions, why don't we implent PL? here's suggestion relesase PL, double the gold gain for each win in PL and thats it..... implenting such things as points ladders doesn't cost anything and it would be most useful update in a half year to boost activity and solve gold issues.... also players who would like to get more gold would make PL more competitive....
  Posted on February 22, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Bankai_San, The Flaming Captain

Contribution: 1,030 (844 + 186)
Vampyregurl55555 wrote:

Although 170 hours isn't that much too grind for someone who's dedicated to the game, it's a lot when you consider how monotonous the game is (or comp-stomping is, at least, which I assume is the fastest/safest way to get the content).

And even worse when you don't have that much time to play the game. I usually play a few matches at night after dinner, mainly for the 5-wins daily bonus, but when I start classes in 2 weeks I'll have a lot less time to play. Currently, all I have to do in the game is try to find Yuzuki and Yuurin (I have too much gold, I just can't find them). Considering how many matches it'd take to find each of them, and how much time I have to play a day, this'd make it even longer. If a player who plays an hour a day can find them, let's say, in a week, a player who can only play about half an hour and not all days will take more than a month. That's what bothers me, I play WoN for fun, but it's not fun when you don't play because you want, you play to find a character which you don't, and I have been like this for over a month.

But, y'know, many complaints were done about this before, and many suggestions came up. The admins must be tired of hearing these complaints, and I remember Nori came up with a pretty cool "head hunter feature" suggestion, besides many others. I jsut don't get one thing. If this is the main and biggest complaint from players, shouldn't this be worked with priority over other smaller new features and stuff? It's been a while since complaints like this are poping up frequently.
  Posted on February 22, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Darkamante, The Lost Demon

Contribution: 677 (596 + 81)
Agreed with Edwinas about the PL.

Now that I have all the chars and will win the next ones via tournament, I'm not that worried with finding them. Maybe that's the problem, we all complain it's hard, but once we are done with them it's not that important for us to make it easier...

When you finish collecting those 2 (in my case, it was Yuzuki and Karasu) tell me if you would rather go back and find them a easier way ?!

Our problem is: When we don't have the char, we want it easier. When we have it, doesn't matter anymore... That's the way I see it
Don't mind me, just trying to reach #1 in the achievement ladder...

Zezima's second best player sponsored by Zezima Bank Inc.
Spoiler

I'm not playing this for now...sorry

Posted on February 22, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Darkamante wrote:

Agreed with Edwinas about the PL.

Now that I have all the chars and will win the next ones via tournament, I'm not that worried with finding them. Maybe that's the problem, we all complain it's hard, but once we are done with them it's not that important for us to make it easier...

When you finish collecting those 2 (in my case, it was Yuzuki and Karasu) tell me if you would rather go back and find them a easier way ?!

Our problem is: When we don't have the char, we want it easier. When we have it, doesn't matter anymore... That's the way I see it

well same was with me I needed yuzuki, toge and karasu, got my rarity to max and found all 3 in 7 matches, so it wasn't that difficult....
  Posted on February 22, 2014 at 6:05 PM
1 thumbs up
Roach, The Masked Samurai of the Red Dawn

Contribution: 1,303 (1,108 + 195)
Darkamante wrote:

In short, people like to complain.
  Posted on February 22, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Johnny(TM), The Untouchable Veteran

Contribution: 1,142 (856 + 286)
So this is what the game is all about? Get all the characters and then quit?
  Posted on February 22, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
People want what they can't have, then once they have it they don't care for it.

It's the ultimate irony of humanity.
  Posted on February 22, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Johnny(TM) wrote:

no you can no life for clan strife.... but yeah i you don't have a clan.... this is epic question for mods....
  Posted on February 22, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Darkamante, The Lost Demon

Contribution: 677 (596 + 81)
Johnny(TM) wrote:

We will never get all the charcaters cause they will keep releasing new ones. And after getting them, we ladder/do tournaments/ finish story mode or just come hre to chill :D
Don't mind me, just trying to reach #1 in the achievement ladder...

Zezima's second best player sponsored by Zezima Bank Inc.
Spoiler

I'm not playing this for now...sorry

Posted on February 22, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Gordu, The Ruthless General of the Phoenix Queen

Contribution: 112 (101 + 11)
People you are right,i need more 13 characters,they are all under 500gold's...so need pay around 7000 or 8000,for that money i need play around 2months without tournaments which dont help too much...which i like to say,to give ''Soul''...
  Posted on February 23, 2014 at 1:15 AM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
I commend you for your informative post. You've said nothing wrong. The game's flow is stifled and needs a re-work, or a re-addition of the previously successful systems, (such as Points Ladder, Streak Ladder, etc. etc.)