Topic: Why it's a problem...

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on February 23, 2014 at 8:45 PM
2 thumbs up
Johnny(TM), The Untouchable Veteran

Contribution: 1,142 (856 + 286)
Ok, after posting my first calculations on why the game is going to die from it's own pace, here's my new calculations for Mr. Nori.

When I said that huge number 12.000 gold, that was almost accurate(yes, I did the math in the background now), so I'm going to stick with my numbers. Now when I made the calculations for the second half of the unlockable characters, the gold cost turned out to be 733 per character, which equal a rarity of 182. Hmm, since the highest rarity you can reach on easy level is 210, that number is considered high, but I'm not going to judge it - if you are in your game, you'll reach that number sooner or later. However the cost is equal about 11 days of farming gold, which bother me because of the time factor. To reduce it to a lovely but reasonable number, I tried some ideas and made the calculations again.

New recruit cost = (Character Rarity * 3) + 5
Extra 1-2 Gold Bonus per game (I was thinking 2-3, but I'm not going to push it)

BAM! This is a small change, which will reduce the number of frustrated players, crying women, plus slightly the time we need to sacrifice from our life. The 733 gold cost now becomes 551 gold, and with the slight touch on the gold will make it easier to get a ninja every week, thus keeping the people interested and in the game. Why I proudly present this idea is because it's simple, and doesn't call for any drastic change, which might take months to be implemented. Until those drastic changes come, this is a fair adjustment, and keeps the ball rolling.

So what if we unlock the characters? Well, the admins already have the tools for that. Challenges, Titles, Items, Missions and the list goes on. I'm done here.
  Posted on February 23, 2014 at 10:05 PM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,005 (1,806 + 199)
This is similar to how it was back in the old game. You made 50 max gold a day. At least now you can make as much as you want by playing.

The daily bonus is also really useful. You make 8 + 6 bonus = 14 gold per battle. 14 x 5 = 70 gold in a day. 70 x 7 = 490 gold a week.

Not too bad when compared to the old WoN.

I do agree that maybe the prices should be lower, just to encourage people to play and not seem like a lot of work.
Removed for ???
  Posted on February 24, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Soulshadow, The Fallen Dreamer

Contribution: 65 (60 + 5)
Good suggestions, also Eddi you got really lucky with those 3, most of us are not even close to as lucky, been playing on max rarity for some time now, havnt found a Yuurin or Yuuzki since i started playing in reborn. I think it would be nice if you increased the chance of us getting those few chars that we don't have, and we keep playing pointless games for.
Asp! Cap-E-Tan
avy by Zxcvbnm843

Posted on February 24, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Nori, Wolf of the Seishin

Contribution: 2,123 (1,747 + 376)
The issue is that while that content does exist at the end of the game, we have seen that people don't go at it with the same drive, and then they disappear. A cost change may be viable, when I talk to the other admins next I'll see what's viable.

Big thanks to JoeTurtle for this one^^

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Not sure who Akatsuki is? Check out the Akatsuki Clan Topic!