Topic: Monky business (Oranda region - revisited)

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on March 19, 2014 at 8:57 PM
DutchShinobi, The Cheerful Panda of Death

Contribution: 522 (368 + 154)
About the Oranda region
The Oranda region is a custum region that I designed back in 2011-2012 (link). Now that we can use Skill BB-tags, I decided to revisit my region. Here's what I'm going to do:
+ I'm going to scale each skill into 3 levels.
+ I'm going to take another look at all the skillsets and make alterations to improve the balance of each character.
+ I'm going to try to find images online that somewhat reflect the image that I had in mind for each skill.
+ I'm going to rework the storyline into chapters, where each character gets his own chapter and faces a boss at the end of that chapter.
+ A region should have 5 villages and mine only has 4, so I'm going to add a new village. In fact, I already posted it: Denki clan.
+ The first village I revisited was the Buki clan.

Next up: revisiting the Josho clan!

This is the clan item, which can be equiped by all 3 members of the Josho clan and by the villain from the same village.

Meditation Mala - A necklace of beads that reinforces the mental skills of the holder.

Meditation Mala

Energy Required:

For 2 turns, the first melee, ranged or mental skill used on the holder will be countered, ending this skill.
This item can only be equipped by Meiso, Donkan, Fujo and Oshoku.

Class List:
tactic, instant
Cooldown:

This item does not change for different character levels.

In the next 3 posts you'll find the Josho characters in the order they will make their appearance in the storyline: first Josho Meiso, then Josho Donkan and finally Josho Fujo. The 4th character is the villain character: Josho Oshoku.

I appreciate any and all feedback you can give me on these characters.

Josho Meiso
Specialization: Disruption
Health points: 80

Boy of 17 years old with spikey dark-blue hair. Meiso's behaviour seems almost hyper-active, often running and never shutting up. However, when he meditates, all this disappears and he seems to radiate tranquility. Meiso has a gifted mind, but sometimes has trouble controlling his own power. His meditation has lifted his mind to a level where he can emit psychic forces with his mind. He can also read the flow of energy in his opponent's body, allowing him to foresee his opponent's movement. He wears a light-blue cassock with white trimmings.

Mental Blast - Meiso directs a psychic force at the mind of one enemy.

Mental Blast

Energy Required:

Meiso deals 25 affliction damage to one enemy, increasing the energy cost of tactic skills performed by the target by 1 random energy for 1 turn.

Class List:
mental, instant
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: only deals 20 affliction damage.
Skill Level 1: only deals 15 affliction damage.

Psychic Ripple - Meiso pushes a psychic force in every direction, causing a ripple that disrupts mental skills.

Psychic Ripple

Energy Required:

Meiso deals 5 affliction damage to all enemies, stunning their mental skills for 1 turn.

Class List:
mental, instant
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: has a cooldown of 2 turns.
Skill level 1: does not deal any damage.

Mantra - Meiso reads the flow of his opponent's energy in order to predict his next attack.

Mantra

Energy Required:

Meiso counters melee and ranged skills performed by one enemy for 1 turn invisible to the enemy. An enemy countered by this skill will receive 15 affliction damage.

Class List:
mental, aura
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: only deals 5 affliction damage when triggered.
Skill Level 1: only counters melee skills.

Anticipation - Meiso foresees all attacks directed at him.

Anticipation

Energy Required:

Makes Meiso invulnerable for 1 turn.

Class List:
tactic, instant
Cooldown:

This skill only has 1 level.

Josho Donkan
Specialization: Assassination
Health points: 110

Rough-looking man in his late 40s. His head is bald and his face is wrinkly; not in the sense that it makes him look old, but in the sense that it looks like he's constantly straining his face. Donkan always behaves sourly and has never shown any trace of a sense of humour. Although he is not too well-liked by the people in his clan he is very well-respected, because the type of ascension he has achieved is extremely difficult to master. He is the only person in the last 80 years to succesfully master the skill of controlling individual fibers in his body to strengthen his muscles. This skill requires enormous mental capabilities, because it stresses the nerves so greatly that even seasoned fighters would pass out from the pain. Donkan wears a bright red cassock with crimson trimmings.

Muscle Madness - Donkan overpowers an enemy with his brute strength.

Muscle Madness

Energy Required:

Donkan deals 20 melee damage to one enemy.

Class List:
melee, instant
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: only deals 15 damage.
Skill level 1: only deals 10 damage.

Fiber Strain - Donkan uses his mind to control his muscles fibers.

Fiber Strain

Energy Required:
No Costs

Affects Donkan with a Ki affliction dealing 10 affliction damage to himself each turn for 2 turns. Damage dealt by Muscle Madness is increased by 10 infinitely. This skill stacks.

Class List:
mental, instant
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: Ki affliction lasts 3 turns.
Skill Level 1: Ki affliction lasts 4 turns.

Phantom Pain - Donkan's mind is stronger than the nerves that percept pain, allowing Donkan to ignore pain.

Phantom Pain

Energy Required:

Enemy affliction damage and affliction damage from Fiber Strain are ignored for 4 turns.

Class List:
mental, instant
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: affliction damage is reduced by 5 instead of ignored.
Skill Level 1: does not include enemy affliction damage.

Pain Resilience - Donkan focuses his mind to ignore pain caused by the attacks of his opponents.

Pain Resilience

Energy Required:

Makes Donkan invulnerable for 1 turn.

Class List:
tactic, instant
Cooldown:

Posted on March 19, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Josho Fujo
Specialization: Collaboration
Health points: 100

Man in his early 40s with short blond hair, long sideburns and a square goatee. Fujo is an honest man with complete devotion to his faith. He has a natural talent for leadership. A considerable number of people in his clan have petitioned for him to be seated on the clan's high council, but the current councilmen have been quick to fill place someone else in his potential seat every time there was an opening. Fujo despises the corruption in the high council and believes the Josho clan would be better off dismissing any sort of leadership, making every man answer only to the Deity of Light. Fujo wears a white cassock with golden trimmings.

Levitation - Fujo ascends high into the sky.

Levitation

Energy Required:
No Costs

Makes Fujo invulnerable to melee skills for 3 turns, allowing Bird's-eye View, but increasing ranged damage dealt to Fujo by 5. This skill toggles, but also ends when Fujo performs Drop Kick. After 3 turns, if this skill has not ended, this skill ends and will be on cooldown for 2 turns.

Class List:
mental, channeling
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: Ranged damage received is increased by 10.
Skill Level 1: Costs 1 random energy.

Drop Kick - Fujo attacks from above.

Drop Kick

Energy Required:

Fujo deals 25 melee damage to one enemy, bypassing protectors. During Levitation, this skill deals 15 more melee damage and ends Levitation.

Class List:
melee, instant
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: only deals 20 damage.
Skill Level 1: only deals 15 damage.

Bird's-eye View - From his position above the battlefield, Fujo devises a strategy.

Birds-eye View

Energy Required:

Requires Levitation. Melee and ranged damage dealt to all team members is reduced by 10 for 1 turn. The following turn, melee and ranged damage dealt by all team members is increased by 10 for 1 turn.

Class List:
tactic, instant
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: damage is only reduced by 5.
Skill level 1: damage is only increased by 5.

Aerial Escape - Fujo uses his aerial manouvres to evade attacks.

Aerial Escape

Energy Required:

Makes Fujo invulnerable for 1 turn.

Class List:
tactic, instant
Cooldown:

Posted on March 19, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Josho Oshoku
Specialization: Collaboration
Health points: 100

Man in his early 40s, seated in te High Council of the Josho clan. Oshoku is largely responsible for the corruption going on in the High Council. He has been operating as the Demon Lord of the Oranda region under the false name of "Eiriasu". Oshoku is the person who stole the Sword of Light from the Buki clan, plotted to frame the Tainai Daimyo for murder with Tainai Hato and implanted malicious ideas into the mind of the Kinshi Daimyo. His goal has always been to bring the region into a state of complete chaos, so he could steal the Sword of Light and have the other villages surrender to his power. He would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for the intervention of our hero, the player. Oshoku is tall and skinny. He has flat white hair with a streak of blond. His eyes are almost snake-like, hinting to his treacherous nature. Oshoku wears a silver cassock with white trimmings.

Psychic Wave - Oshoku unleashes a mental attack at every opponent at once.

Psychic Wave

Energy Required:

Oshoku deals 10 affliction damage to all enemies, altering this skill for 1 turn. While altered, this skill deals 10 affliction damage to all enemies, affecting each target with Psychic Wave for 2 turns. Skills used by affected targets will be on cooldown for one extra turn.

Class List:
mental, instant
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: only affects each target for 1 turn when altered.
Skill Level 1: only deals 5 damage when not altered.

Inception - Oshoku implants an idea in the mind of one opponent, causing him to attack his own team.

Inception

Energy Required:

Oshoku affects one enemy with Inception for 1 turn invisible to the enemy. Melee and ranged skills performed by the affected target on any team member will be reflected onto a random enemy, bypassing invulnerability. During this time, melee and ranged damage dealt by the affected targed is limited to 30.

Class List:
mental, channeling
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: damage is limited to 15
Skill Level 1: damage is limited to 0

Serpent's Tongue - Oshoku talks his opponents into showing him mercy.

Serpents Tongue

Energy Required:
No Costs

Reduces melee and ranged damage dealt to Oshoku by 5 and increases the energy cost of Serpent's Tongue with 1 wisdom energy infinitely. This skill stacks.

Class List:
tactic, instant
Cooldown:

Skill Level 2: has a cooldown of 1 turn
Skill level 1: has a cooldown of 2 turns

Genius Plan - Oshoku is prepared for every move his enemies could possibly make.

Genius Plan

Energy Required:
No Costs

Each turn, if a team member is stunned, stuns on all team members will be disabled the following turn; if a team member is countered, all team members will bypass counters the following turn; if energy was removed or stolen from a team member, Oshoku is granted 1 random energy for every energy that was removed or stolen.

Class List:
passive, aura
Cooldown:
Infinite

Posted on March 20, 2014 at 1:28 AM
Darkamante, The Lost Demon

Contribution: 677 (596 + 81)
OOOOK Discusisng only Balance wise since I have not read the story of the Oranda region, here are my comments:

Liked them overall, would be fun to play with most of them, would just have a hard time not making Oshoku the next Kudoku xD

Mantra can cost only one Inteligence energy and still be fine, either that or make it deal something mosntrous like 35 aff damage *_*

Phamtom pain could also reduce meele and ranged damage, would make him more usable AND I could see it fitting in the skill story value. He ignores all internal pains, therefore no aff dmaage, BUT would also be nice to ignore a little of the external pain, by that I mean the meele and ranged ones.

Levitation lvl 3 Drop kick boost would be? And one question, when you toggle it off, does it still have the cooldown?

Inception: LOVED this skill, Shikate amde a topic for original skill ideias, Damage limitation BY THE ATTTACKER should totally go in there ^^

Serpent's tongue: I read it...stopped...found it toattly OP and kind of broken... WOULD LOVE to use it in-game...don't know how to balance it but hey, I like it how it is ^^

Kunai and shuriken would be rendered useless...

Overall a 7 out of 9
Don't mind me, just trying to reach #1 in the achievement ladder...

Zezima's second best player sponsored by Zezima Bank Inc.
Spoiler

I'm not playing this for now...sorry

Posted on March 20, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Darkamante wrote:

Levitation lvl 3 Drop kick boost would be? And one question, when you toggle it off, does it still have the cooldown?

Oops, that was an error on my part. I moved the part where it boosts Drop Kick from Levitation to Drop Kick, but forgot that I used that part to scale Levitation. I changed the scaling, so the problem should be fixed now.

Thanks for the other feedback too. I'm going to wait for some more people to comment before I decide if I want to make any changes.