Topic: Fixing the "broken" stuff

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on March 21, 2014 at 5:14 PM
8 thumbs up
Yukigaaru, The Respected Commander of the Military

Contribution: 1,628 (1,085 + 543)
The past two days Yuudai and me have discussed about the much needed changes that have to be done to fix the "broken" systems in War Of Ninja. The changes during the revamp have introduced good and bad things.

I'd like to let the community know we are well aware of the current problems and fixing these, is as of this week, our highest priority.

I will update this post to reflect our last ideas. We are going to fix the following issues:

- Make PvP-only viable (without you ever have to play against the AI after the prologue).
- Allow non-level based characters to be used in PvP (which would reflect a fully leveled character).
- Offer a way to buy characters via a different method, if you have bad luck finding them.
- Remove the rarity penalty and convert it into a simpler system that would also prevent people from surrendering to find characters.

Any suggestions are welcome although we already have ideas to fix each of them.
  Posted on March 21, 2014 at 6:13 PM
Bug_Catcher, Prisoner

Contribution: 74 (48 + 26)
Thanks for the update, Yukigaaru!

For replacing the rarity system, what if you simply created a surrender limit? As in, you can only surrender to the AI ten times in an hour or something.
  Posted on March 21, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Darkamante, The Lost Demon

Contribution: 677 (596 + 81)
I think, most of all, I'm gratefull for the effort you are putting into this game. Second, thanks for the update, we know the game is your business and we as users have only to use it and enjoy it.

Now down to business:
Yukigaaru wrote:

- Make PvP-only viable (without you ever have to play against the AI after the prologue).

As a non native english speaker, could you clarify this one? Does it mean we will also have back our old mission system as well where we could do it facing other players? If so, I like it. It will mix well with the new one ^^

Yukigaaru wrote:

- Offer a way to buy characters via a different method, if you have bad luck finding them.

This will help a lot of people, will link latter what already is suggested, but this would go along 3 ways mostly:

>The ideia to buy it from the market with gold for x3/x4 times the ammount finding it

Chars "popping up" in the market from time to time

>To improve the chances of meeting the char using a rarity option

The Head-Hunter Feature

Rarity Sections

Rarity Range

>To buy with actual money

Randonly getting the char with actual gold LoL-likely

> Also, ignore the topic until DutchShinobi post, but try this one as well

Disccount based on the mission difficulty level
Yukigaaru wrote:

- Remove the rarity penalty and convert it into a simpler system that would also prevent people from surrendering to find characters.

Honestly? No need to remove all the rarity penault, make easy battles not drop it and start to increase it just a little bitand I think it's fixed.

We need a place for our new players and our not so skilled players TO PLAY WITHOUT LOOSING ANYTHING (that's what the old Quick Games were for along other purposes, at least the way I see it) Now they can only do that in the missions and with a specific char.
Yukigaaru wrote:

Any suggestions are welcome although we already have ideas to fix each of them.

Here are mine ^^
Don't mind me, just trying to reach #1 in the achievement ladder...

Zezima's second best player sponsored by Zezima Bank Inc.
Spoiler

I'm not playing this for now...sorry

Posted on March 21, 2014 at 8:10 PM
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
This is tremendous news. An improved method of character purchase is overdue. Honestly, you could just make a penalty for those that do surrender.

PvP is incredibly lacking, and players have spoken out about it numerous times. Tournaments are incredibly fun to play (given that they fill up in a reasonable time), but there needs to be alternatives. At its core, WoN is an Arena game before an RPG game, and Ladders need to return in order to attract more players.

I'm not even an avid ladder participant myself, but I have no illusions about the fact that they are a necessity. Coming up with other PvP options is at least a step in the right direction.
  Posted on March 21, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Murasaki_Karasu wrote:

This is tremendous news. An improved method of character purchase is overdue. Honestly, you could just make a penalty for those that do surrender.

I honestly don't know the problem for people surendering in AI battles... While playing pokemon, to fill the pokedex I killed my share of zubats and magikarps...

Tournaments giving auto wins seems more broken then that.

Also, loosing means to give up part of your rarity right now... It's not like that isn't enough a reason (That's why I say to not remove it completely)

Spoiler

Posted on March 21, 2014 at 11:39 PM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,005 (1,806 + 199)
Yukigaaru wrote:

I would say keep the AI. The reason is what if people want to test new teams? Or maybe make easy gold?

People play against AI because there is no Ladders. When you bring ladders back they will stop using AI.
Yukigaaru wrote:

- Allow non-level based characters to be used in PvP (which would reflect a fully leveled character).

I agree, but does that mean we take level characters out?
Yukigaaru wrote:

How do we find characters if we don't battle AI?
Yukigaaru wrote:

I'm not sure how this works.
Removed for ???
  Posted on March 21, 2014 at 11:49 PM
2 thumbs up
Nori, Wolf of the Seishin

Contribution: 2,123 (1,747 + 376)
A bit of clarification, based off what I've read (haven't actually spoken to Yuki on this, so if he states otherwise, he's right).

By making PvP only viable, what he means is that the rewards and such from non-AI matches will become more worthwhile or there will be more options for PvP match ups, meaning there is more reason to do it and making playing without doing AI matches more reasonable an option in the long run. AI matches will stay in the game of course and still be a part of it, but for those who prefer PvP that option will become more playable.

Secondly, he did not say replace the rarity SYSTEM, but the rarity PENALTY. Make sure you're aware of the distinction, rarity will stay, but the way in which it is lost will be dealt with differently, making maintaining it more viable and such. Just remember that the system is being fixed, not replaced.

And Dark, the issue with surrendering is people surrender till they get what they want then they stop playing. The game only lives while it is played, so any feature that expedites people no longer playing the game is obviously one we have to look at and see how we can change it. The rarity penalty was the first attempt at that, and there were issues with it, so ways to fix that up are being looked at now. However, the core issue of surrendering does remain at the heart of this genre of game, and will still need to be addressed.

Big thanks to JoeTurtle for this one^^

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Not sure who Akatsuki is? Check out the Akatsuki Clan Topic!
  Posted on March 22, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Thanks for the explanations Nori, I hink My original post stays the same then.

naruto-leaf wrote:

People play against AI because there is no Ladders. When you bring ladders back they will stop using AI.

My thoughts exactly Leaf
naruto-leaf wrote:

How do we find characters if we don't battle AI?

In my reply there are some suggestions to this already ^^

Spoiler

Posted on March 22, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Zangetsu172, Fugitive

Contribution: 1 (1 + 0)
I actually really like these ideas thou i don't know if many will use the first idea

~Alpha_X
  Posted on March 22, 2014 at 3:11 AM
Nori, Wolf of the Seishin

Contribution: 2,123 (1,747 + 376)
This is why Yuki said make it so no one HAS to play against the AI. Alternate unlock methods are, naturally, mandatory in such a system.

Big thanks to JoeTurtle for this one^^

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Not sure who Akatsuki is? Check out the Akatsuki Clan Topic!
  Posted on March 22, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Alpha_X, The Atoned Warbringer of Ninja Arts

Contribution: 75 (67 + 8)
Nori wrote:

This is why Yuki said make it so no one HAS to play against the AI. Alternate unlock methods are, naturally, mandatory in such a system.

LOL didn't even see that
Thanks but i still really like this idea
  Posted on March 22, 2014 at 6:10 PM
zacrathedemon5, The Manipulative Defender of Santi

Contribution: 225 (171 + 54)
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was getting worried this game would die out again...

Sig made by InsanityisArt (Soul Arena member)
  Posted on March 22, 2014 at 9:09 PM
1 thumbs up
Shikate, The Untouchable Shadow of the Ancients

Contribution: 841 (702 + 139)
Hm... we will see. Maybe I will come back :>
However, Ai thing is a good thing.

You just need to try to help Your players, not to make the game boring, and everything gonna be all right.
  Posted on March 22, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Alpha_X, The Atoned Warbringer of Ninja Arts

Contribution: 75 (67 + 8)
Shikate wrote:

Hm... we will see. Maybe I will come back :>
However, Ai thing is a good thing.

You just need to try to help Your players, not to make the game boring, and everything gonna be all right.

TO true man to true
  Posted on March 23, 2014 at 9:45 PM
strife01, Saint

Contribution: 73 (58 + 15)
I've recored max Rarity Games in attempt to find a Yuurin. 592 games played before I found him the next game, sadly the website was brought down or whatever so I was unable to have a first turn done. 400 games played, no Yuurin. Ask any player, I used to play this game a lot. I got about 52 players in 1 month's time. I haven't played in about 3 weeks because of all of this useless grinding.