Topic: Fixing the "broken" stuff

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on March 23, 2014 at 9:53 PM
3 thumbs up
Nori, Wolf of the Seishin

Contribution: 2,123 (1,747 + 376)
Poignant as ever Shikate, what would we do without your visionary input. We're doing what we can, as ever we have, sometimes it just takes a bit of trial and error. The AI are not being removed, just not made mandatory, please read the original post and my explanations that have come since before you comment on it again.

Big thanks to JoeTurtle for this one^^

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Not sure who Akatsuki is? Check out the Akatsuki Clan Topic!
  Posted on March 23, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Shikate, The Untouchable Shadow of the Ancients

Contribution: 841 (702 + 139)
Arrogant as always Nori, I've just wanted to say that You are going to do something good for the game and to tell You what I would appreciate the most. But probably nothing is going to ever change.

You can do everything for the game, but don't forget to be a human also. That's the only way to keep the game alive.

You can blame, You can destroy, it's nothing new. But I still have a little bit hope that You will become a better guy, so new players will be glad to join WoN.
  Posted on March 23, 2014 at 11:23 PM
4 thumbs up
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Contribution: 3,492 (3,159 + 333)
Shikate wrote:

Arrogant as always Nori, I've just wanted to say that You are going to do something good for the game and to tell You what I would appreciate the most. But probably nothing is going to ever change.

You can do everything for the game, but don't forget to be a human also. That's the only way to keep the game alive.

That's literally the most unhelpful post ever

"I want you to do it differently, but I won't tell you in what ways, or even give you a broad spectrum of how I might mean this"
-----------germ---------another germ---------------
-----------GERMS ALL OVER THE PLACE---------
Oh Look at that, looks like there's SO MANY MOD GERMS
Okay, who the flower's the smartass

Now THAT's just being a precious flower.

I am going to slam a lovely rainbow flower into your beautiful face you flower
  Posted on March 24, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Darkamante, The Lost Demon

Contribution: 677 (596 + 81)
So about the PvP thing, is there already a alternative ideia from us players people? Is there a non abusable way of getting our chars without using the AI ? Like the old missions?
Don't mind me, just trying to reach #1 in the achievement ladder...

Zezima's second best player sponsored by Zezima Bank Inc.
Spoiler

I'm not playing this for now...sorry

Posted on March 24, 2014 at 6:22 AM

Re-read your original post and point out the compliment to me Shikate. This thread is not for people making snide comments about the staff's actions to get ideas and inform you on how they plan to fix the issues you, the users, have pointed out to them. If you're incapable of being constructive, please refrain from posting in this thread.

Also dark, old missions are out insofar as I am concerned, I am not re-writing the story again to adapt to another drastic shift in the mechanics. Plus, I suspect some of the challenge will still (hopefully) be maintained in unlocking characters, it won't just become 'Win 3 battles, get this character' like it was originally. That said, we're here to hear what you guys think, so if you have alternatives post/link and we'll see what we've got.

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Posted on March 24, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Contribution: 3,492 (3,159 + 333)
Actually, I've been thinking

Would it be too much to have non-ingame ways of unlocking characters?

For example, we currently have 6 characters who don't fit into the current storyline in any way (Budou and Kemuri). So how about trying out alternative unlocking methods with these guys, at least until the story catches up?

Let's say if you reach 500 contribution, you get the opportunity to buy Nobou, 1000 you can buy Daiki and at 1500 you can buy Ken

This could hopefully increase activity on the forums as well.
-----------germ---------another germ---------------
-----------GERMS ALL OVER THE PLACE---------
Oh Look at that, looks like there's SO MANY MOD GERMS
Okay, who the flower's the smartass

Now THAT's just being a precious flower.

I am going to slam a lovely rainbow flower into your beautiful face you flower
  Posted on March 24, 2014 at 9:22 PM

They don't now, but they will. Budou are book 3 and Kemuri are book 4, the game just needs to catch up to them.

Posted on March 24, 2014 at 10:19 PM
1 thumbs up

What about buying them on games we are not supposed to surrender, like Streak ladderand points ladder?

It would be another place to search for this kind of char.

I use Yuzuki to pretty counter any waller team, so, a perosn in streak ladder would put a waller team, hope to find me/someone who thinks alike, we'd swap yuzuki. If we win we get more streak/points as it should, if he wins he, aside from all the points, would have the chance to buy yuzuki...

Spoiler

Posted on March 24, 2014 at 10:31 PM

You'd end up with a system where people PM you constantly begging you to throw the game so they can get a character off you. People complained enough when people begged them to surrender, you sure you want to encourage that?

Also, the term 'swap' doesn't bode well for the concept. People searching for each other to trade characters. We want the game to be competitive, not encourage people to look for their friends to swap in whatever characters their friend needs and throws the game. So they could never be won through surrender, but if that was the case people would surrender if they were about to lose to deprive their opponent, so we end up with a system that doesn't work effectively. I'll try and think of ways it can work, but as is I'm not seeing one.

Posted on March 25, 2014 at 5:30 AM
Low, The Manipulative Elite

Contribution: 3,950 (3,650 + 300)
I will definitely buy the characters if it were an option.
  Posted on March 25, 2014 at 6:54 AM

One of the options I like the most was the ideia to buy them 4 times their full price in the market but couldn't find the topic to it...

Spoiler

Posted on March 25, 2014 at 7:27 AM
1 thumbs up
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
Darkamante wrote:

One of the options I like the most was the ideia to buy them 4 times their full price in the market but couldn't find the topic to it...

I proposed that idea, but I can't remember the thread in which it was located. Regardless, I still think it's a reasonable alternative because the amount of time it would take to accumulate that much Gold would equate to the time you spend grinding anyway.

In fact, it would more than likely take even longer than typical grinding, however you would have the bonus of a guaranteed character at the end of the tunnel, rather than relying on luck. So the advantage is balanced by the disadvantage.

It should also be easy for the staff to code in, rather than having to code an entirely new mode or system. That being said, I'm still intrigued to hear what the staff has in store and what ideas they've been contemplating.
  Posted on March 27, 2014 at 1:17 PM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
What about trainings? o,o
  Posted on March 27, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 thumbs up
zacrathedemon5, The Manipulative Defender of Santi

Contribution: 225 (171 + 54)
RagicanoX wrote:

What about trainings? o,o

Considering everything in the game that needs fixing right now, that's most likely the lowest priority.

Sig made by InsanityisArt (Soul Arena member)
  Posted on March 28, 2014 at 12:03 AM
1 thumbs up
Bankai_San, The Flaming Captain

Contribution: 1,030 (844 + 186)
Murasaki_Karasu wrote:

I proposed that idea, but I can't remember the thread in which it was located.

http://forums.warofninja.com/15569/an-old-players-review-and-suggestions
Third post.