Poll: Are you happy with these changes?

38 vote(s) since March 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM

• Yes! (23) (60.53%)
  • No. (8) (21.05%)
  • The changes don't affect me. (7) (18.42%)
 Topic: Game changes: Rarity find and Tournaments

There are no members reading this topic.

This topic was closed by Yuudai
  Posted on March 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM
7 thumbs up
Yuudai, Savior

Contribution: 1,233 (813 + 420)
First of all, we would like to thank the people that took their time to give us constructive feedback regarding the pros and cons of the RPG system released last year. In the upcoming weeks we’ll be addressing the problems that were introduced during this revamp.

With this update we are tackling the following issues:

Rarity find system
Issues:
- Players are afraid to lose their well earned rarity when experimenting with new teams.
- Players find it hard to keep their rarity up when searching rare characters.

Fixes:
We’ve removed the rarity penalty in favour of a much simpler bonus system. If you’ve won your last battle, you receive the “On-fire bonus”, which gives you an additional 200% rarity find. We’ve also changed the base rarity you get from playing Easy, Normal and Hard difficulty.

The following calculation is used to determine your rarity:
Base Rarity = Player Level (1 - 50)

Easy = +0% (+0 rarity find on player level 50)
Normal = +100% (+50 rarity find on player level 50)
Hard = +200% (+100 rarity find on player level 50)

On fire bonus = +200% (+100 rarity find on player level 50)

Due to the change in the Rarity system, tournaments no longer give bonus rarity find as a reward.

We realize this does not solve the issue of finding extremely rare characters entirely. Please note that this is just the first of several updates we have planned, and we are working on other updates that will more directly address this issue.

Tournaments
Issues:
- The high entry fee for constructed tournaments has made them unattractive compared to draft tournaments.

Fixes:
The entry price and reward structure of constructed tournaments is changed to match that of the draft tournaments:

- Second place: 25 gold
- First place: 50 gold

As mentioned before, more changes are on the way.

We would very much like your feedback on this new update. Let us know in this topic if you either like or dislike it, and feel free to post your own suggestions if you have any.
  Posted on March 28, 2014 at 12:56 PM
4SEIA, The Dedicated Deputy, Top 100 of PLS-5

Contribution: 64 (51 + 13)
rarity penalty remove = no way to lower your own rarity?
i don't really want to keep it highest all the time

when i search for new character
i want to exclude some characters that i already had
which rarity is higher than whom i currently search for

like when Tsuyu's rarity down to 190
i lower my rarity to around 195 in easy
so that Toge, Isshou, Yuzuki, Yuurin can not be find in battle

this give me more chance to find Tsuyu
much more that new-coming on-fire

for me, i prefer to have rarity penalty
  Posted on March 28, 2014 at 1:01 PM
1 thumbs up
zezima, Shadow

Contribution: 111 (92 + 19)
Good job, yuudai

Definitely gonna play constructed and play Pvp
If you are reading this comment, send 1 gold to "zezima". I will maybe pay you back...maybe

Zezima bank inc.

Posted on March 28, 2014 at 1:13 PM
1 thumbs up
Yuudai, Savior

Contribution: 1,233 (813 + 420)
4SEIA wrote:

rarity penalty remove = no way to lower your own rarity?

If you play on normal difficulty, you'll get a rarity find of 200 at level 50 with the on fire bonus.

But playing this way is not wise. At rarity find 195, the chance of finding Tsuyu in a battle is about 2%. At rarity find 250, the chance is about 4%. You should always go for the highest possible rarity.
  Posted on March 28, 2014 at 2:10 PM
1 thumbs up
llui, Lackey of the BETA

Contribution: 456 (383 + 73)
Only one word: good.
  Posted on March 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM
1 thumbs up
godperica, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Ancestors

Contribution: 283 (245 + 38)
It's a starting, but I must say one thing to you :

- Check ideas and suggestions topic more often.

Seriously, there have been some good ideas there that you could exploit to everyone's benefit and aren't really getting noticed, as the people that gives the ideas want, I can speak for myself considering I have a thread of items and a thread of suggestions for the game itself, but Like me, another bunch of folks are trying to get your opinions and you just don't mention that on your updates, I think this is something that you should bother as a "priority" too, because we're all patient and all, but we also want to know how far we can go with our thoughts and if there's any real chance that those ideas can be implemented.

On the update : Nice, we get an update.

EDIT: Sorry if I'm being too critical but I feel that we must be taken seriously and so does our thoughts, there's a thread for suggestions exactly for this type of situations, I'll still enjoy this game and the community, but things that have to be said must be said.
Latest Character ->Suttikī Osuushi

Posted on March 28, 2014 at 3:12 PM
edwinas5524, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Nobles

Contribution: 2,382 (2,161 + 221)
at least some action from mods... yeah its alright with your rarity system changes, but maybe its time for PL?
  Posted on March 28, 2014 at 3:21 PM
4 thumbs up
Yukigaaru, The Respected Commander of the Military

Contribution: 1,628 (1,085 + 543)
godperica wrote:

It's a starting, but I must say one thing to you :
- Check ideas and suggestions topic more often.

Thanks for the feedback. You might be right that me and Yuudai don't reply much to the suggestion topics. However, this does not mean that we don't read or use ideas that the community comes up with.

Because we have (too many) responsibilities we most of the time lack on communicating our ideas and the progress we make behind the scenes. Most of the time we already have work which will take all of our time for at least weeks or months to go. There is simply no time to work on even more suggestions in between.

Me and Yuudai do take every opinion into consideration. We are well aware that you as players are the reason we make the game. When players are unhappy its our role to change that. We have had a phase of weeks where we worked on a War Of Ninja Trailer for the marketing campaign. Our top priority is now to fix the stuff that "broke" with the RPG release.

We are also preparing a new batch of items, which will include clan items for Kemuri, Shogun Military and the Budou.

edwinas5524 wrote:

at least some action from mods... yeah its alright with your rarity system changes, but maybe its time for PL?

The Ranked ladder is on our short therm roadmap. The reason why it's not there already is because there are upcoming changes to PvP which we think we must implement first before starting a new season.
  Posted on March 28, 2014 at 3:51 PM
5 thumbs up
Takeo, The Lost Shadow of the Moon

Contribution: 545 (483 + 62)
I would also like to note that constructed tournaments are unattractive for two reasons.

The first reason is the fix you're currently implementing, the cost was too high.

However, the second part of the problem is the fact that it's 2/3 and then 3/5.

I would like to suggest that semi-finals (First round) be a best of 1, and the finals be a best of 3.

With the time limit to find an opponent already being 15 minutes (Which I feel should be changed as well), considering the opponent "Wastes" time in between each search, which happens a lot more often than you'd like to think, that's at least an hour and 15 minutes (THIS IS ASSUMING YOU WIN EACH MATCH STRAIGHT, LOL) of POSSIBLE search time. And yes, it does happen, because opponents hope they can stall out their opponents. Many people don't have that kind of time on their hands. I had to quit out of a tournament once because I had to leave and my opponent refused to search.

If my suggestion were to be implemented (Changing best of rounds; not time reduction) the search LIMIT would be around 45 minutes (Assuming you win each match straight). This seems far more reasonable while retaining the basic of PvP, that is, a Bo3 in the finals to try a new team or try to fix your play up.

I plan on playing constructed with these changes, but I will only be able to if I have ample time on my hands, as most users will also agree.

I know this is not a suggestion thread, but I really would like you guys to consider lowering the search timer to around 10 minutes, or ideally, around 8 minutes (Half the current timer).
  Posted on March 28, 2014 at 3:54 PM
1 thumbs up
DarkAxel, The Ruthless Spiker of the Nobles

Contribution: 53 (40 + 13)
Yuudai wrote:

If you play on normal difficulty, you'll get a rarity find of 200 at level 50 with the on fire bonus.

But playing this way is not wise. At rarity find 195, the chance of finding Tsuyu in a battle is about 2%. At rarity find 250, the chance is about 4%. You should always go for the highest possible rarity.

That doesn't seem to be true. I was searching for Tsuyu using normal, at 320% rarity find, a lot of battles, trust me. then I lost some of those battles, thus lowering my rarity find, won some other battles, and found her 2 times.
It might be a case, but it's really strange. I think you should look into those probability again, maybe lower the chances of finding lower rarity characters as the rarity find of one player goes up, so that is more difficult to find always the same characters (Daiki, Nobuo and Hana at 320% rarity find at hard? are we joking? that's hardly a rare team...)
Enjoied the tournament part! -100 gold for entry was just crazy.
  Posted on March 28, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
The new changes were a much needed step in the right direction, and a great building block to fix the "broken" pieces of WoN. I am incredibly happy with this new rarity system. Losing one match and having to play a dozen to make up for it was ridiculous. So if we play on Easy and are on-fire our rarity will be 150, 200 on Normal and 250 on Hard? I dig it, this way if we want to weed out the rare ones we just play on Easy.

As for Constructed Tournaments, great job. I never once even considered joining a constructed due to the highly unenticing entry cost but I may actually participate now.

I'm pretty stoked to see these new items you plan on releasing.
  Posted on March 28, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Yukigaaru, The Respected Commander of the Military

Contribution: 1,628 (1,085 + 543)
Takeo wrote:

I would like to suggest that semi-finals (First round) be a best of 1, and the finals be a best of 3.

This was already implemented with the change.
Takeo wrote:

I know this is not a suggestion thread, but I really would like you guys to consider lowering the search timer to around 10 minutes, or ideally, around 8 minutes (Half the current timer).

Best would be to create a poll in the suggestions section. If most players agree with reducing the time then we can do this. The question is if this is related to having no ladder atm.
  Posted on March 28, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Darkamante, The Lost Demon

Contribution: 676 (595 + 81)
I still have to try out this new Rarity System...just reading it sounds like it became too easy xD (Will check it ladder with my alt o/)

About tournaments: I feel that constructed SHOULD give more prize then draft. Can't it be the double amount for the prizes?

30 gold entry fee
50 gold #2 place
100gold # 1place?

winning less then five battles with the bonus, I'd have enough to join a tournament.

Just saying what I'd like.

Thanks for the changes, still not sure on them sicne I haven't tested but nice to see you anwsering us ^^
Don't mind me, just trying to reach #1 in the achievement ladder...

Zezima's second best player sponsored by Zezima Bank Inc.
Spoiler

I'm not playing this for now...sorry

Posted on March 28, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
I'm extremely happy about the Constructed Tournament price change. Thanks a lot, staff -- I think that's a great move to keep the PvP sustained while we wait for official ladders to launch, I hadn't even thought of that option. :)
  Posted on March 28, 2014 at 7:16 PM
godperica, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Ancestors

Contribution: 283 (245 + 38)
Yukigaaru wrote:

(...)
Thanks for the feedback. You might be right that me and Yuudai don't reply much to the suggestion topics. However, this does not mean that we don't read or use ideas that the community comes up with.

Because we have (too many) responsibilities we most of the time lack on communicating our ideas and the progress we make behind the scenes. Most of the time we already have work which will take all of our time for at least weeks or months to go. There is simply no time to work on even more suggestions in between.

Me and Yuudai do take every opinion into consideration. We are well aware that you as players are the reason we make the game. When players are unhappy its our role to change that. We have had a phase of weeks where we worked on a War Of Ninja Trailer for the marketing campaign. Our top priority is now to fix the stuff that "broke" with the RPG release.

We are also preparing a new batch of items, which will include clan items for Kemuri, Shogun Military and the Budou.

I believe in you and I know it's hard for you to get time to answer to us all but maybe you could do something like, half an hour everyday or even only 15 minutes a day you could spare time to check the ideas and suggestion topic to see what's new, what's trending and what's simply unappealing (let's face it, 1 or 2 ideas that come up might have been suggested before and discussed but the person that gives those ideas might not know they were given by someone else).
I think that on the brighter side, the players would be more glad for the feedback, and even you would get to know more of what we think and like or dislike, I think that even if it couldn't be done on a daily basis if it was day in day out a reply to suggestions made from us, It would certainly make many of us more glad with the interaction and it might wouldn't take out that much time off of you to work on the projects regarding the future of the game, because before we think on the future we must stay tuned to the present

Also, about the Village items,which is a very good new considering we need fresh items to use, will that mean arashi and saisei won't get their items added just yet on that batch?
Latest Character ->Suttikī Osuushi