Poll: Are you happy with these changes?

38 vote(s) since March 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM

• Yes! (23) (60.53%)
  • No. (8) (21.05%)
  • The changes don't affect me. (7) (18.42%)
 Topic: Game changes: Rarity find and Tournaments

There are no members reading this topic.

This topic was closed by Yuudai
  Posted on March 28, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
godperica wrote:

(...)

I believe in you and I know it's hard for you to get time to answer to us all but maybe you could do something like, half an hour everyday or even only 15 minutes a day you could spare time to check the ideas and suggestion topic to see what's new, what's trending and what's simply unappealing (let's face it, 1 or 2 ideas that come up might have been suggested before and discussed but the person that gives those ideas might not know they were given by someone else).

I almost guarantee you that they already do this. And if not, I'm willing to bet they lead busy enough lives that there are times when they go 2-3 days with literally not having the chance to sit down and browse the web, let alone open the forum. Hell, that happens to me sometimes and I'm probably not even as busy as them.
  Posted on March 28, 2014 at 10:04 PM
godperica, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Ancestors

Contribution: 283 (245 + 38)
Nestec wrote:

(...)

I almost guarantee you that they already do this. And if not, I'm willing to bet they lead busy enough lives that there are times when they go 2-3 days with literally not having the chance to sit down and browse the web, let alone open the forum. Hell, that happens to me sometimes and I'm probably not even as busy as them.

I know, I understand that, I was just saying, when we want to make a point we need to explain ourselves, otherwise we aren't proving what we mean.
The fact the admins care to answer me,to me already proves that they care about us, i've always knew they did, but hearing from them is more comforting and also gives us motivation to play and care on this game.
Latest Character ->Suttikī Osuushi

Posted on March 28, 2014 at 11:09 PM
1 thumbs up
Nori, Wolf of the Seishin

Contribution: 2,123 (1,747 + 376)
There is one admin who spends time in that section almost every day... When I find really good ideas I pass them on to Yuki and Yuudai (not lately, school has kept me off the net late at night unfortunately, but term is nearly over so I'll get on to it soon). As Yuki said, they're incredibly busy, they do just about everything but the pictures and the stories, and Yuudai even gives the stories ago when he can fit the time in.

If you've got ideas that are poignant to a thread in news, link them here. If they are just random suggestions you'd like to see put in anyway, PM me to add them to the suggestions we like list. I have a couple I am meaning to add, so feel free to request I add more at any stage.

Big thanks to JoeTurtle for this one^^

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Not sure who Akatsuki is? Check out the Akatsuki Clan Topic!
  Posted on March 28, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 thumbs up
Ninja_of_Cloud, The Drunken Saint

Contribution: 151 (120 + 31)
This system change doesn't really effect me, but it makes me happy to see progress being made. Plus it'll be nice not having to read so many people complaining about the rarity system.

I am also very excited for new items and will be patiently awaiting their release. :P
  Posted on March 28, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
Nori wrote:

As Yuki said, they're incredibly busy, they do just about everything but the pictures and the stories, and Yuudai even gives the stories ago when he can fit the time in.

Speaking of stories, any news on when we can get some chapters going? At the very least, Kamiko's?
  Posted on March 29, 2014 at 12:44 AM
MitzT, Smoker of the Winter

Contribution: 629 (529 + 100)
much, much better. I originally planned to take a longer leave from this game, but with this change I feel up to playing again.

Thank you so much for this change, also for the cost changes in constructed tournaments.

I do agree with Takeo though about the search timer, alot of people don't have that much time to spare, and will therefore still not take on the constructed tournaments.
  Posted on March 29, 2014 at 1:26 AM
1 thumbs up

The stories are written and uploaded, but they need their boss battles coded. This is what we mean when we say Yuki and Yuudai have a lot to do. The boss battles have to be coded by them, but they are busy fixing up the issues the players have raised with the game, which obviously takes priority. So when time allows for the bosses to be coded, the chapters will be released, but that depends on how quickly these new changes are implemented and how well they are received.

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Posted on March 29, 2014 at 4:44 AM
1 thumbs up
4SEIA, The Dedicated Deputy, Top 100 of PLS-5

Contribution: 64 (51 + 13)
Yuudai wrote:

But playing this way is not wise. At rarity find 195, the chance of finding Tsuyu in a battle is about 2%. At rarity find 250, the chance is about 4%. You should always go for the highest possible rarity.

it doesn't seem that way to me

i win around 200 battle at rarity 250 without once in 200 that encounter her
i find her by lower my rarity and play in easy to lock my rarity form go up

i didn't try this new on-fire yet
so i can't really comment how good or bad it is

but change is always a good thing to happen
keep up the work
  Posted on March 29, 2014 at 7:46 AM
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
Nori wrote:

The stories are written and uploaded, but they need their boss battles coded. This is what we mean when we say Yuki and Yuudai have a lot to do. The boss battles have to be coded by them, but they are busy fixing up the issues the players have raised with the game, which obviously takes priority. So when time allows for the bosses to be coded, the chapters will be released, but that depends on how quickly these new changes are implemented and how well they are received.

I understand your point fully. However, as one of the lower class players who actually play for the story (which I thank Nori and the admins highly for), I would appreciate more attention to the actual rpg storyline. Personally, I feel as though that has taken a backseat lately.

I love Nori's storylines, and I want more than anything to see more of them. So please put more emphasis on the story-loving player base as well; at the very least to give Nori his due credit.

I do not wish to offend any staff member in any single way because I know they all do their own part, but from what I have witnessed lately, Nori is the only admin who actually provides constructive criticism.

Trust me, I lead a class of college students. They all have opinions. Some are good, some are absolutely ?#*@*$% stupid. The difference is that I pay attention to every idea and discern whether they are viable or not. I'm older than many of you and I know what works, so try my advice for a change.

Moral of the story? If an idea sucks, tell them it sucks. Don't be afraid to be honest. People can only grow from their shortcomings. At the same time, if an idea rocks, let them know it rocks and evolve with it.
  Posted on March 29, 2014 at 10:37 AM
1 thumbs up

The story is getting done, it's just not a priority to upload. If you really want, I can leak a bit of it, don't see why not seeing as it's done and uploaded. If you can get a few people to PM me asking for some spoilers I'll make a thread.

And Yuki and Yuudai listen to you guys, then go do what they can. I am around and more directly involved in the community because what my role is in the staff requires me to do much less work than what they do. So being the one who says mean things about stupid ideas falls to me. Which is fine. I'm good for it.

Posted on March 29, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Johnny(TM), The Untouchable Veteran

Contribution: 1,142 (856 + 286)
Somehow I think this change only affected a small group of people. I mean for most people the recruiting costs might be too high, and for veterans they want to get their hand on extremely rare characters, and as Yuudai mentioned it does not solve the issue.

But like you guys said it's just the first update, so let's hope the next ones solves the bigger issues.
Spoiler

I still think you need my idea on the recruit costs change.

Posted on March 29, 2014 at 6:14 PM
immortalman, The Untouchable Pacifist of the Kage

Contribution: 137 (111 + 26)
Johnny(TM) wrote:

Somehow I think this change only affected a small group of people. I mean for most people the recruiting costs might be too high, and for veterans they want to get their hand on extremely rare characters.

Look, the thing is that now finding characters has become a lot easier and less frustrating. Seriously I don't worry about my rarity level anymore.

But, since finding characters has become a lot easier and less frustrating, even lowering the cost of chars now would have an impact on activeness.

The system needs to be equivocated to have stable in game activity. Basically, the time you would spend finding a character, now becomes the time you use for farming gold but also offer a way less frustrating experience while also keeping the activity up.

Overall awesome job Mods! Great to see the community's problems taken into consideration.
  Posted on March 29, 2014 at 6:16 PM
2 thumbs up
mythu, The Ancestral Pacifist of the Shishi

Contribution: 7 (5 + 2)
Yuudai wrote:

Base Rarity = Player Level (1 - 50)

Easy = +0% (+0 rarity find on player level 50)
Normal = +100% (+50 rarity find on player level 50)
Hard = +200% (+100 rarity find on player level 50)

hey^^
NO one bothered to notice the update in effect.I am level 50.

It currently is as:
Easy = +0% (+0 rarity find on player level 50)
Normal = +100% (+0 rarity find on player level 50)
Hard = +200% (+0 rarity find on player level 50)
+on-fire +200% bonus ofc.

Imo the rarity bonus was better be4. The AI game would rock for me with previous rarity bonus and the daily bonus not being equally distributed over all 3 characters but over the ones we chose, using 1 level 1 character in battles having advantage over Ai items and randomness, only if dojo could reset character level back to 1 for 25G.
May the angel of wisdom fill your toughts with wisdom.
  Posted on March 29, 2014 at 6:20 PM
1 thumbs up
Ninja_of_Cloud, The Drunken Saint

Contribution: 151 (120 + 31)
I'm not sure about other veterans, but getting all of the rare characters wasn't that hard for me. It takes time to grind, but since I was testing teams and leveling up my characters at the same time it never really bothered me. Maybe I'm a rare case, but I don't understand the constant complaining about having a hard time unlocking characters.
  Posted on March 29, 2014 at 6:34 PM
immortalman, The Untouchable Pacifist of the Kage

Contribution: 137 (111 + 26)
Ninja_of_Cloud wrote:

I'm not sure about other veterans, but getting all of the rare characters wasn't that hard for me. It takes time to grind, but since I was testing teams and leveling up my characters at the same time it never really bothered me. Maybe I'm a rare case, but I don't understand the constant complaining about having a hard time unlocking characters.

It was not the issue of finding chars entirely but the problem of keeping the rarity high enough and hating losing because of the massive rarity drop. Many people only get a bit of time to play this game. Now you have the same chance of finding characters but you don't have to worry about the rarity level anymore.