Topic: Upcoming PvP changes and Ladder

There are no members reading this topic.

This topic was closed by Yuudai
  Posted on May 5, 2014 at 7:15 PM
14 thumbs up
Yukigaaru, The Respected Commander of the Military

Contribution: 1,628 (1,085 + 543)
For some time now, the most requested feature has been the re-introduction of the ladder. It’s been held up by recent additions to the game and the upcoming changes to PvP. The wait is almost over.

We see our new focus on PvP as a return to form. Although we are very happy with how the leveling system works in PvE and for introducing new players to the game, we also believe that this same system is a hurdle for the PvP aspect of War of Ninja. With the upcoming change, we want to make a split between PvP and PvE.

With it comes a significant change to the characters. In PvP, characters will no longer have levels. Instead you will be playing with a PvP version of the character, which will be equal to a fully leveled character with all skills maxed. This will be equal to the version of the pre-RPG era. Note that draft tournaments will also work with this PvP version.

The single player RPG aspect of the game will remain the same. You’ll still be able to level your characters and create custom builds to fight the AI and the bosses in the Story mode.

Unlocking characters will also remain the same. You’ll be able to unlock characters in both PvE and PvP. When you unlock a character in either mode, you’ll have unlocked the character for both. In PvP you’ll have the PvP version of the character available to you, and in PvE you’ll have a level 1 character waiting for you.

On may 15 the new ladder season will go live along with the changes to characters in regards to PvP.
  Posted on May 5, 2014 at 7:24 PM
MitzT, Smoker of the Winter

Contribution: 629 (529 + 100)
Yes! this is great! I've been waiting for stuff like this =)
this basically splits the game in two, creating alot more diversity.

Love this update and looking forward to finally playing some ladder games again!
  Posted on May 5, 2014 at 7:28 PM
2 thumbs up
Takeo, The Lost Shadow of the Moon

Contribution: 545 (483 + 62)
The question for me is, how will this affect balance?

Jun is now overpowered in PvP mode and balanced in a level scaling mode.

Will balance once again shift towards mainly focusing on a "fully maxed" character?
  Posted on May 5, 2014 at 7:36 PM
QVL, The Insightful Mystic, Top 10 of PLS-4

Contribution: 4 (4 + 0)
Just wonderful. I'm looking forward to seeing it. No more ridiculous builds in draft. I also won't have to place false assumptions on myself in pvp since it'll be just like pre rpg again. I'm excited... but

Takeo raised a good question. Balance will be more complex. That needs to be addressed.
  Posted on May 5, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Darkamante, The Lost Demon

Contribution: 676 (595 + 81)
PvP ? Pre-RPG charcaters? STILL BEING ABLE TO LVL THEM?!

*faints*

OH MY PEPSI, I loved it. Seriously, loved it. Ansiously waiting to kick some people back here or drag 'em by the ears. ^^

Bravo, bravo ^^
Don't mind me, just trying to reach #1 in the achievement ladder...

Zezima's second best player sponsored by Zezima Bank Inc.
Spoiler

I'm not playing this for now...sorry

Posted on May 5, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Alpha_X, The Atoned Warbringer of Ninja Arts

Contribution: 75 (67 + 8)
I am loving this idea so far but my only concern is won't some characters by OP to no beyond
  Posted on May 5, 2014 at 9:35 PM
freforos, The Old Kid

Contribution: 66 (53 + 13)
those are really good news! great job!
  Posted on May 5, 2014 at 10:10 PM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,000 (1,802 + 198)
After so much time finally. How about the current test ladder will it be counted on our profiles?
Removed for ???
  Posted on May 5, 2014 at 10:46 PM
llui, Lackey of the BETA

Contribution: 456 (383 + 73)
I think that I'm not totally agree with this 'erase' of character building... In fact, I think it's better in PvP when we two have differents builts.
  Posted on May 5, 2014 at 11:04 PM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Contribution: 3,492 (3,159 + 333)
There may be some issues but this is still PERFECT
-----------germ---------another germ---------------
-----------GERMS ALL OVER THE PLACE---------
Oh Look at that, looks like there's SO MANY MOD GERMS
Okay, who the flower's the smartass

Now THAT's just being a precious flower.

I am going to slam a lovely rainbow flower into your beautiful face you flower
  Posted on May 6, 2014 at 2:38 AM
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
This is the moment many, many players have been longing for. Stoked that it has finally come to fruition. I too share the concern of balance issues, but those can always be remedied. This is spectacular, well done you guys.
  Posted on May 6, 2014 at 3:59 AM
mphdragon, The Dark Wolf, Rank 1 of PLS-3

Contribution: 169 (142 + 27)
Yukigaaru wrote:

With it comes a significant change to the characters. In PvP, characters will no longer have levels. Instead you will be playing with a PvP version of the character, which will be equal to a fully leveled character with all skills maxed. This will be equal to the version of the pre-RPG era. Note that draft tournaments will also work with this PvP version.

The best update so far. :) I look forward to the ladders.
  Posted on May 6, 2014 at 8:43 AM
edwinas5524, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Nobles

Contribution: 2,382 (2,161 + 221)
yeeahhh finally!!!!! and now since no one answered my question in other topic here it is... ok I can't find information, so here's my question, after ladders will be released and there will be actual pvp.... how many reputation points will gain not trial members for each win? or none? or reputation gain will be just vs AI and ladders will affect clan wars?
  Posted on May 6, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
Just a suggestion, but the staff should start linking the update forum threads to the main page when updates are made. I feel as though a large portion of the player base isn't active on the forums due to either being unaware of its existence or largely unaware of its usefulness. A simple link to the discussion thread may jar them into activity on the forums.
  Posted on May 6, 2014 at 8:00 PM
edwinas5524, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Nobles

Contribution: 2,382 (2,161 + 221)
Murasaki_Karasu wrote:

Just a suggestion, but the staff should start linking the update forum threads to the main page when updates are made. I feel as though a large portion of the player base isn't active on the forums due to either being unaware of its existence or largely unaware of its usefulness. A simple link to the discussion thread may jar them into activity on the forums.

well there is a link to this on startpage....