Topic: Item Weeks

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on June 21, 2014 at 4:26 AM
Nori, Wolf of the Seishin

Contribution: 2,106 (1,733 + 373)
Not at all running out of ideas? There's still plenty more items we have in development, this was just an idea. Two actually if you want to be semantic (and I highly suspect you do), so how about you wait until we announce item weeks are over before you claim we're out of ideas. That would be the more appropriate time for you to do so. Silly Ela.

Big thanks to JoeTurtle for this one^^

Akatsuki is Recruiting! Post an app to be part of Akatsuki on WoN: Reborn today!

Not sure who Akatsuki is? Check out the Akatsuki Clan Topic!
  Posted on June 21, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Demonkings, The Golden Demon

Contribution: 1,488 (1,318 + 170)
Yuudai wrote:

Warbanner of Sorrow

Energy Required:

Whenever a team member dies, the remaining team members can't be killed by enemy skills for 2 turns.

Class List:
passive, instant
Cooldown:
None

Kamikaze Headband

Energy Required:

The holder is killed at the end of the fifth turn, but cannot be killed by enemy skills until that time.

Class List:
passive, instant
Cooldown:
None

And we've got 2 new items for you this week! Again, apologies for the lack of items last week, but hopefully this will make it a little bit.

We are also still hard at work on the new descriptions and changes to the client. It's almost done, so you'll see the results of that next week.

For now, have a nice weekend!

I guess we will have to stick to Sainan from now on
  Posted on June 21, 2014 at 2:13 PM
JoeTurtle, The Lost Explorer of True Sight

Contribution: 404 (300 + 104)
Does anyone know what happens when Sainan removes Kamikaze Headband? (Does the character instadie, or does it allow him/her to live past 5 turns?)
  Posted on June 21, 2014 at 3:36 PM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 1,994 (1,796 + 198)
He should be able to go past the 5 turns because the effect should be gone. I didn't try it out yet.
Removed for ???
  Posted on June 21, 2014 at 6:19 PM
llui, Lackey of the BETA

Contribution: 456 (383 + 73)
Wow, funny items! Great!

Note: for those who have the dude... If Tori wears Kamikaze Headband while Great Spirit Suzaku is in curse, she will die. Remember: "During this time, Tori cannot be killed by ENEMY skills". The Item is not an enemy skill.
  Posted on June 21, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
llui wrote:

Wow, funny items! Great!

Note: for those who have the dude... If Tori wears Kamikaze Headband while Great Spirit Suzaku is in curse, she will die. Remember: "During this time, Tori cannot be killed by ENEMY skills". The Item is not an enemy skill.

Side Note: You mean chick not dude. XD

Thanks for the tip off though. I feel like I'm stating the obvious here, but Kudoku also cannot save you from the Headband's death effect, nor can the Warbanner of Sorrow's effect.
  Posted on June 21, 2014 at 9:14 PM
TediMoci, The Respected Tiger of the Ancestors

Contribution: 402 (284 + 118)
Saigai and Kamikaze Headband will make a lovely pair.
  Posted on June 21, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Johnny(TM), The Untouchable Veteran

Contribution: 1,142 (856 + 286)
Kamikaze Headband looks awesome. I guess if the item is stolen by Sainan, it cancels it's effect, so you can die, but not by the item. This is the only item which would be only good, if Sainan could steal from a teammate :D

Very interesting concept for new items...
  Posted on June 22, 2014 at 2:35 AM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,465 (1,260 + 205)
Forgotten-ninja wrote:

Fun fact: Warbanner of Sorrow's kanji means "death"

They look neat, but they feel gimmicky at best. I'm sure Kamikaze headhand had to be made while keeping Jikkousu in mind.

I'm thinking on a similar wavelength as you. Jikkousu + Kamikaze Headband = Oooh...

Maybe Jikkousu (KHB), Tadashi (Warbanner of Resistance), Ken (Sake). idk, but this might create a whole new meaning for spike. Perhaps 'Blitz Spike' o:
  Posted on June 22, 2014 at 3:27 AM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
I thought about that too, but I'm not really sure it's a good strategy. Jikkousu's greatest strength comes from drawing in all the enemy's attention, forcing them to blow all of their attacks on a character who constantly re-heals and sustains. Jikkousu with the Kamikaze headband essentially becomes a non-factor to be ignored because she's going to die anyway.

So you're pretty much committing to a 2v2 -- but for the first 5 turns, the enemy's entire team can focus down one of your characters aside from Jikkousu. Meanwhile you can't do the same because Jikkousu hardly contributes to the fight outside of HoD. My prediction is that you would have already lost another team member by that point.
  Posted on June 22, 2014 at 4:06 AM
Forgotten-ninja, The Demonic Demon of the Demon's Flower

Contribution: 357 (320 + 37)
Not really saying Jikkousu with the headband was a good idea, just saying they probably looked at her first when deciding how long the headband would give you to live.

Only character I think would really do well with the headband is Tadao, since his self affliction won't kill him before the headband does. Right now just making you unkillable doesn't really help if you get stunned to death (literally).
  Posted on June 22, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
Oh my bad, my comment was directed at Ragicano's idea.
  Posted on June 22, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Demonkings, The Golden Demon

Contribution: 1,488 (1,318 + 170)
Forgotten-ninja wrote:

Not really saying Jikkousu with the headband was a good idea, just saying they probably looked at her first when deciding how long the headband would give you to live.

Only character I think would really do well with the headband is Tadao, since his self affliction won't kill him before the headband does. Right now just making you unkillable doesn't really help if you get stunned to death (literally).

The counter the kamikaze and the death prevention items, yugana would be pretty handy especially if there are no healers) a touch of Eden can simply force a character to die due to "self affliction"

The best character with the headband would prolly be saigai in my opinion next to Tadao. The rest of the time is prolly situational. "Place it on a character so that they won't bother attacking it without Sainan"
  Posted on June 22, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Forgotten-ninja, The Demonic Demon of the Demon's Flower

Contribution: 357 (320 + 37)
Demonkings wrote:

(...)

The counter the kamikaze and the death prevention items, yugana would be pretty handy especially if there are no healers) a touch of Eden can simply force a character to die due to "self affliction"

The best character with the headband would prolly be saigai in my opinion next to Tadao. The rest of the time is prolly situational. "Place it on a character so that they won't bother attacking it without Sainan"

Are you sure that Touch of Eden really works like that? I'm pretty sure it's damage still counts as an enemy skill.
  Posted on June 23, 2014 at 12:04 AM
1 thumbs up
Hikaru, Professor

Contribution: 2,375 (2,097 + 278)
Am I the only one who's OCD about the 'the' in the new item's name?