Topic: Item Weeks

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on June 23, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
Hikaru wrote:

Am I the only one who's OCD about the 'the' in the new item's name?

I was thinking the same thing. That's really got to go. It doesn't even fit. Warbanner of "the" Sorrow? That would only make sense if it was "of the Sorrowful" instead.
  Posted on June 23, 2014 at 2:57 PM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,465 (1,260 + 205)
Nestec wrote:

Oh my bad, my comment was directed at Ragicano's idea.

It probably only makes sense to use that strategy in a blitz team made to take out 2 characters by Turn 3, anyway. Aside from Jikkousu, Saigai, Tadao, Kudoku (?), I don't see much use for this item. Would probably make a destructive counter item against Turn 0 Spike Teams, though. Mmmm >:3
  Posted on June 27, 2014 at 12:17 PM
1 thumbs up
Yuudai, Savior

Contribution: 1,233 (813 + 420)
Alright people, unfortunately we can't make our description update this week. This update is all about making skills easier to read, so we also decided to review our chosen fonts. We've gotten quite far along though, so we'll be able to finish everything early next week. Then we'll have make some major updates to the manual, and we'll be able to put everything live.

In the meantime, we've got a new little toy for you to play with:

Prison Chains

Energy Required:

The holder stuns melee skills of one enemy for 3 turns.

Class List:
ranged, channeling
Cooldown:
4 turns

Have fun!
  Posted on June 27, 2014 at 1:51 PM
JoeTurtle, The Lost Explorer of True Sight

Contribution: 404 (300 + 104)
New item, yay!

At first glance, I was like "whaaaa? This is worse than
Metsubishi..." but then again, it's channeling. It's going to be interesting seeing as how this item will pan out.
  Posted on June 27, 2014 at 2:34 PM
DarkAxel, The Ruthless Spiker of the Nobles

Contribution: 53 (40 + 13)
Returning to the Skeleton Key of the Kemuri... I tried it out against many bosses, and (against them) is totally overpowered, expecially with sainan, because most of the bosses have item users lackey, so you can just concentrate against the boss. it's like a 3 vs 1, even if the boss has 180 health (or something like that) it's still an unfair fight... Beside that, even in PVP, trowing swap with a kemuri with that item, well, ruins almost every team. I like it though...
  Posted on June 27, 2014 at 6:25 PM
llui, Lackey of the BETA

Contribution: 456 (383 + 73)
It's a good item: 3 turns of melee skills stuned. Obviously is channeling and in this game is easy to stun... It could work good with Hahen and Yuzuki's 'Future Sight' (or with a lot of other combos).
  Posted on June 27, 2014 at 8:03 PM
1 thumbs up
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
I believe you wouldn't even need to stun the user, just pop your invuln. Not saying that tactic makes this item useless, just pointing out another way to interrupt it.

EDIT: @ Ilui, do you mean the Future Vision skill?
  Posted on June 27, 2014 at 8:33 PM
llui, Lackey of the BETA

Nestec wrote:

I believe you wouldn't even need to stun the user, just pop your invuln. Not saying that tactic makes this item useless, just pointing out another way to interrupt it.

EDIT: @ Ilui, do you mean the Future Vision skill?

Sorry, it was Future Sight (not Future VIsion, not exist). Last post edited (thanks).
  Posted on June 27, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Forgotten-ninja, The Demonic Demon of the Demon's Flower

Contribution: 357 (320 + 37)
DarkAxel wrote:

Returning to the Skeleton Key of the Kemuri... I tried it out against many bosses, and (against them) is totally overpowered, expecially with sainan, because most of the bosses have item users lackey, so you can just concentrate against the boss. it's like a 3 vs 1, even if the boss has 180 health (or something like that) it's still an unfair fight... Beside that, even in PVP, trowing swap with a kemuri with that item, well, ruins almost every team. I like it though...

The key might beat bosses on Easy mode and a few normal ones, but I can't see you beating bosses on Hard mode like that.
  Posted on June 27, 2014 at 10:53 PM
2 thumbs up
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
llui wrote:

(...)

Sorry, it was Future Sight (not Future VIsion, not exist). Last post edited (thanks).

Ahh, yeah that skill.

Sidenote, I think I will use this item against female enemies only. Just because I am into that kind of thing.
  Posted on June 28, 2014 at 5:16 AM
Demonkings, The Golden Demon

Contribution: 1,488 (1,318 + 170)
I'm not too really hyped about this item to be honest. It looks just like a recoloured version of the Head Jailer's stun skill and can easily be removed by countless ways. Not really appealing as a swap item as compared to protecting your allies with Miho or using caltrops.
  Posted on June 28, 2014 at 7:45 AM
Ikusa, The Manipulative Shadow of the Military

Contribution: 6 (6 + 0)
i like the strategy aspect of it.

1. they can let the full duration go. (this might make the charater useless for 3 turns)

2. they can use there inv, making them use and unefficent energy that turn because you use no energy to stun there charater. (the team that uses most efficent energy is proberly the team that wins, my opinion)

3. they can use ther smoke bomb.

4. they may have sake. so if you stun a charater and they use sake on that charater the next turn you have stalled 2 charater for 1 turn,or if they know you will prison chain that chareter you have stalled 1 turn on that charater.

5. you can stun the the one useing prison chain. mabye you have prison chain on someone you dont care get stunned. ps enemy team needs to have a stunner for this.

6. it can be used on a charater with not inv. forcing smoke bomb or sake. this will wreack the enemy team if cant use isshou. (enemy team with out isshou)

sorry for my bad english and this is all my opinion. you can have your own.

ps. have not included all the strategies you can also steal. and whatever you guys can come up with
  Posted on June 28, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Bankai_San, The Flaming Captain

Contribution: 1,030 (844 + 186)
Still, it's already a pain to have to deal with Caltrop when using melee teams. Now we have one more anti-melee item. Swap one of your characters for Niwa with Prison Chains and you automatically defeat a full-melee team. Sorry, but I don't think this item was needed...
  Posted on June 28, 2014 at 8:24 PM
llui, Lackey of the BETA

I never imagined there was someone who was crazier than I am... Even twisted and mad! (to avoid confusion, I just want to clarify that I'm kidding).
  Posted on June 28, 2014 at 10:29 PM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,000 (1,802 + 198)
This item can be useful in many ways. Full melee teams were hard to counter with Yukigaaru and Warbanner in them, this balances things out somewhat.
Removed for ???