Topic: Item Weeks

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on May 30, 2014 at 8:10 PM
1 thumbs up
Murasaki_Karasu, The Trueborn Savior of the Ancestors

Contribution: 499 (416 + 83)
This. Is. So. Amazing.

Seriously throws the biggest monkey wrench in virtually all strategies that are heavily reliant on item use. SO AWESOME. So simple, yet so effective. I've said "so" too many times so I'm so going to stop.

I was definitely NOT expecting this item to be the Kemuri clan item, so well done on surprising me. Damn it I said so again. >.<
  Posted on May 30, 2014 at 9:48 PM
2 thumbs up
mrhardy12, The Manipulative Tactician of the Ancients

Contribution: 259 (220 + 39)
I can safely say that this Skeleton Key is INSANELY good. First of all, Kurai with Shadow Cloak is now SEVERLY limited in what he is capable of, along with the rest of the Kage clan. Kusa's VI is totally worthless against it as well. And Yukigaaru and Arasoi, who often carry an offensive item because of their main playstyles, both got slowed down a TON. I can safely say that this has already become one of my favorite items in the game so far, which is saying something.
Made my avatar myself. :D
And yes, I'm male. I just like Terra Branford a lot.
We need parody characters on WoN. Who's with me!?! XD
Click on this text (or the line directly above it) to see why.
  Posted on May 30, 2014 at 11:56 PM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,005 (1,806 + 199)
wow I can't wait to try this item.

I can already see some epic teams lol
Removed for ???
  Posted on May 31, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Forgotten-ninja, The Demonic Demon of the Demon's Flower

Contribution: 357 (320 + 37)
naruto-leaf wrote:

wow I can't wait to try this item.

I can already see some epic teams lol

This doesn't look like a team building item. It looks like an item you swap in on Sainan/Arasoi when you can tell the enemy is going to be relying on powerful items like book/shoji and warbanners.
  Posted on May 31, 2014 at 12:22 AM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Yes but it can also be used with a team to counter other teams.
Removed for ???
  Posted on May 31, 2014 at 5:15 AM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
Forgotten-ninja wrote:

(...)

This doesn't look like a team building item. It looks like an item you swap in on Sainan/Arasoi when you can tell the enemy is going to be relying on powerful items like book/shoji and warbanners.

Warbanners are impervious to this item, (warbanners are passive). This is more effective on items like Kunai, Fire Bomb, Feather of the Firehawk, Poison Darts, etc.
  Posted on May 31, 2014 at 6:56 AM
1 thumbs up
Forgotten-ninja, The Demonic Demon of the Demon's Flower

Contribution: 357 (320 + 37)
RagicanoX wrote:

(...)

Warbanners are impervious to this item, (warbanners are passive). This is more effective on items like Kunai, Fire Bomb, Feather of the Firehawk, Poison Darts, etc.

Yes, but Sainan can Pickpocket passive items while the non-passive items are unusable.
  Posted on May 31, 2014 at 8:37 AM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
Forgotten-ninja wrote:

(...)

Yes, but Sainan can Pickpocket passive items while the non-passive items are unusable.

Good point, with this new item combo'd with Sainin's dangerous stealing skills, people will think twice about making teams based solely on items >:)
  Posted on May 31, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
Lmao that was a goal post argument if I've ever seen one.

First you said "you can swap in the item on Sainan to deal with Warbanner."

And then you changed it to "Sainan already counters Warbanner by stealing it."

Posted on June 1, 2014 at 6:07 AM
Demonkings, The Golden Demon

Contribution: 1,488 (1,318 + 170)
I love the fact combining the key with Sainan counters nearly all of the strategies in the game. If played with the right team members ofc.

Well unless you have Yume on your team.
  Posted on June 1, 2014 at 1:52 PM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Demonkings wrote:

I love the fact combining the key with Sainan counters nearly all of the strategies in the game. If played with the right team members ofc.

Well unless you have Yume on your team.

Well said, some teams become useless without their items. I can see some nice team building around this item, even if people say Kemuri are weak.
Removed for ???
  Posted on June 1, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Shikate, The Untouchable Shadow of the Ancients

Contribution: 841 (702 + 139)
The main problem is that Kemuri is bad except Saigai. Same thing with Kudoku. I think that there are the most popular characters ever and they still aren't changed. Skeleton Key is a great item, but I guess that people will still prefer to use Saigai to Sainan even with her clan item.

By the way: You forgot to add in Skeleton Key's description, that:

,,This item can only be equipped by Sainan, Saigai and Arasoi.''

I can't see it both in forum and in game. :)
There's also a mistake in Warbanner of the Shogun's description on the website. It says that ,,When the holder performs...''.

I hope that it will help You :)
  Posted on June 1, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
Shikate wrote:

The main problem is that Kemuri is bad except Saigai.

I would not say Sainan is bad. She already crippled popular strategies really well, and now she'll just do it even better. She has good synergy with both of the new items that just released. Not to mention she's fairly durable and deals nice damage.

Arasoi on the other hand...yes, he is quite subpar.
Qoute:

There's also a mistake in Warbanner of the Shogun's description on the website. It says that ,,When the holder performs...''.

I hope that it will help You :)

You weren't looking at the PvP version of the skill -- I was under the impression that the Level 1 version operated differently, but I could be wrong.
  Posted on June 1, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Shikate, The Untouchable Shadow of the Ancients

Contribution: 841 (702 + 139)
@Nestec
That's right. Anyway, Skeleton Key should be fixed :)

I've noticed that WoN team want to increase usefulness of low popularity characters by those new items... thankfully. It's a great way of thinking. Anyway, without nerfing or changing Saigai from ,,ultra fast pusher'' to ,,attacker'', it won't work. I think that it has been a lot of time since the discussion about needed improvements and nerfing has started. But I can't see those effects yet.
  Posted on June 2, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Darkamante, The Lost Demon

Contribution: 677 (596 + 81)
We will havwe 2 new itens per week? One on monday one on friday ? is that the plan ?
Don't mind me, just trying to reach #1 in the achievement ladder...

Zezima's second best player sponsored by Zezima Bank Inc.
Spoiler

I'm not playing this for now...sorry