Topic: Aatrox, the Darkin Blade

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on July 2, 2014 at 2:08 AM
1 thumbs up
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
Aaand number three!

Aatrox

(90 Hp, Assassination)
Aatrox is a legendary warrior, one of only five that remain of an ancient race known as the Darkin. With each foe felled, his seemingly living blade drinks in their blood, empowering him and fueling his brutal, elegant campaign of slaughter.

Blades of Torment

Energy Required:

Aatrox unleashes and sends forward the power of his blade, dealing 20 affliction damage to one enemy. This skill grants 1 Blood Well charge.

Class List:
Ranged, Instant
Cooldown:
None

Dark Flight

Energy Required:

Aatrox takes flight and slams down on the battlefield, dealing 10 damage and stunning all enemies. This skill grants 2 Blood Well charges.

Class List:
Melee, Instant
Cooldown:

Massacre

Energy Required:

Aatrox draws in the blood of his foes, affecting himself with a Bleeding Affliction for 3 turns. During this time, Blades of Torment and Dark Flight deal 10 additional damage. This skill grants 1 Blood Well charge.

Class List:
Tactic, Instant
Cooldown:

Blood_Well”

Energy Required:
No Costs

After dying, Aatrox will immediately heal for 10 health points. Each Blood Well charge will increase the amount healed by 10. This immediately removes all Blood Well charges and can only occur once per battle.

Class List:
Passive, Instant
Cooldown:
Infinite

Suggested Items:

Posted on July 2, 2014 at 4:50 AM
Shadawn, Demon of Death

Contribution: 281 (231 + 50)
IMO Massacre is pretty useless in current version, spamming Blades of Torment makes much more sense. Maybe it should deal some damage like in original.
Also, you should note that Dark Flight stuns everyone for 1 turn. It may also be too expensive for it's effect.

Personally, i would think about making Blades of Torment doing ranged damage. Not everything labeled "magic damage" should be converted into afflictions in WoN (Nidalee spear, for obvious example).
  Posted on July 2, 2014 at 11:47 AM
crazymonkey3, The Dark Kid of Death

Contribution: 2,379 (2,124 + 255)
I just bought Aatrox some days ago and damn he is Op. His Massacre is really Up tho like the person above me said.

Also im just gonna throw this out, but want to make a custom skin showcase with LoL champions? I will take care of the facepics so they are facing --> and not <-- and also i can remove the black borders from them.
No sign for now
  Posted on July 2, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
@Crazymonkey, Darkamante pitched an idea like that to me as well. Take a look at his comment on my Lux thread.
Shadawn wrote:

IMO Massacre is pretty useless in current version, spamming Blades of Torment makes much more sense. Maybe it should deal some damage like in original.
Also, you should note that Dark Flight stuns everyone for 1 turn. It may also be too expensive for it's effect.

Personally, i would think about making Blades of Torment doing ranged damage. Not everything labeled "magic damage" should be converted into afflictions in WoN (Nidalee spear, for obvious example).

Yeah you're probably right. I think I'd rather just lower Massacre's cost -- it gives you a solid option on turns where you don't have the agility to spend on Blades of Torment.

Also, Dark Flight was going to cost one less random, but I think there is a design issue with allowing a skill like that on turn one. Skills like Toge's stun and Beautiful Dawn would never be balanced if they could be used that early.

As for the affliction damage, I judge it by the nature of the attack -- Blades of Torment just looks like an energy-based, non-physical wave of force; I wouldn't expect that to deal plain damage.
  Posted on July 2, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Darkamante, The Lost Demon

Contribution: 677 (596 + 81)
Blades should deal ranged damage, and maybe increase cooldown of skills by user by 1? (The "slow" part of the LoL skill)

Dar flight: You can dodge his dark flight in LoL by usin Flash or evading the area, so how about this rework:

Dark Flight

Energy Required:

Aatrox takes flight and, on the next turn, slams down on the battlefield dealing 10 damage and stunning all non ivulnerable enemies. This skill grants 2 Blood Well charges.

Class List:
ranged, instant
Cooldown:

Less cost, more cooldown, less OP effect
Spoiler

very doge

About Massacre: how about it leech 10 health from each opponent ? it's a 30 afliciton damage early game or a 10 in a 1vs 1, sounds "balanced" to me because it depends on the amount of enemys alive.

(Aatrox is a monster in meele fights 2 vs 1 or even 3 vs 1, as long as he isn't stunned, his attack speed + lifesteal make him twice as hard to kill. I even managed to enter a "thousand days fight" with a fed jax, he stunned me every now and then but could finish me off because of the lifesteal...Then my ult was over and byebye Aatrox...)
Don't mind me, just trying to reach #1 in the achievement ladder...

Zezima's second best player sponsored by Zezima Bank Inc.
Spoiler

I'm not playing this for now...sorry

Posted on July 3, 2014 at 4:02 AM
1 thumbs up
Shadawn, Demon of Death

Contribution: 281 (231 + 50)
Darkamantle wrote:

(Aatrox is a monster in meele fights 2 vs 1 or even 3 vs 1, as long as he isn't stunned, his attack speed + lifesteal make him twice as hard to kill. I even managed to enter a "thousand days fight" with a fed jax, he stunned me every now and then but could finish me off because of the lifesteal...Then my ult was over and byebye Aatrox...)

Well, LoL has 5 skills per champion+AA, so it's hard to properly convert some champions. We could have other version of Aatrox focused on lifestealing.
  Posted on July 7, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Darkamante, The Lost Demon

Contribution: 677 (596 + 81)
Shadawn wrote:

(...)
Well, LoL has 5 skills per champion+AA, so it's hard to properly convert some champions. We could have other version of Aatrox focused on lifestealing.

And some, like Lee Sin, have 7 skills + passive xD

I wonder if we should we make the champions with 5 skills in here or should we cramble and mix them to make the 4 skills ?

In Naruto Arena, characters like Kin, whose skills have different effects according to the order of use, confused a lot but were my favorite, I think the best solution to writing LoL in WoN is to abuse of altered mechanics and focusing on the translation of effects (like in this topic that I did not create yet but will soon and then edit this).

@topic and about Aatrox: since we can't translate the aa, and his W is dependend on that, FOR HIM, I like the aproach of a 4 skill charcater with his Passive + Q E R skills.

Just think Dark Flight and massacre needs a power up ^^

PS.: this topic now makes Nozuchi looks eschizofrenic..
Don't mind me, just trying to reach #1 in the achievement ladder...

Zezima's second best player sponsored by Zezima Bank Inc.
Spoiler

I'm not playing this for now...sorry