Topic: New Skill Descriptions and Fonts!

There are no members reading this topic.


This topic was closed by Nori
  Posted on July 10, 2014 at 11:29 AM
#31
DefaultPlayer, The Radiant Blossom

Contribution: 54 (37 + 17)
Joined: February 10, 2012
Cool I like the update about fonts and all. But was there an update regarding changes in skills? My Tori, for example, only stacks up to 5 Suzaku charges instead of 9... uhh were there something more in this update?
  Posted on July 10, 2014 at 1:00 PM
1 thumbs up
#32
JoeTurtle, The Lost Explorer of True Sight

Contribution: 404 (300 + 104)
Joined: March 27, 2010
I'm going to be honest, but I don't like the some of the new fonts you chose for the buttons and stuff. It looks too yell-y. Specifically, the Oswald Font (I do like this font for the blue character names, though!) and the Francois One font when used for the buttons/icons. I'm not a fan, but I also seem to be the minority on this...

I also don't like the gear icon for the menu. It seems out of place compared to the rest of the game. Perhaps changing it to something less modern, like a scroll, would help? But the smaller client is a nice touch.

The last gripe I have is the incorrect skill descriptions. People have already mentioned that there are some skills that read incorrectly. The one I have noticed is Toraji; In his description, it says he gives out strength energy, when it should be random. Perhaps make a thread somewhere just for users to report these errors, or double check the skills yourself. But I do like the simpler skill descriptions and flavor text. It's a nice addition.

All-in-all, I'm glad to see the constant changes to WoN. It's refreshing.

Edit: I've also looked through the game manual, and found that defense and limit defense can be easily confused. I suggest changing limit defense to limit damage or something.
  Posted on July 10, 2014 at 7:23 PM
#33
Low, The Manipulative Elite

Contribution: 3,950 (3,650 + 300)
Joined: March 20, 2011
I like this change. WoN and the forum looks brand new now.
  Posted on July 11, 2014 at 3:44 AM
6 thumbs up
#34
Trucy, The Golden Child

Contribution: 118 (53 + 65)
Joined: August 8, 2013
Some of my gripes with this update:
1)The in-game window is way too small now. (Seriously, there's so many problems with this)

2)The cog sticks out like a sore-thumb, have to go through so much work just to surrender

3)The hovering over the skill to see description needs to go or re-made.

4)Can I not look at stats in-game anymore?


Did good with the adding more information to the skills and such and making them less confusing, that's great, but you've basically took one step forward and two steps back with this update.
  Posted on July 11, 2014 at 5:43 AM
#35
Nelo_Angelo1, The Twisted Inferno

Contribution: 307 (245 + 62)
Joined: February 16, 2010
Even though I play occasionally I still like the change. Having removed the stats you can add potential additions to the battle screen. The pop ups for the skills could be a little faster though, maybe boost the transition speed. Also, now that you guys have finished would you be able to add the new skill descriptions to the forum's skill BB? It would make the skills look allot better.
  Posted on July 11, 2014 at 7:03 AM
#36
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,005 (1,806 + 199)
Joined: January 28, 2011
I think many people would agree on the following changes.

Bring back the information panel where it was, keep it mouse over. Like Joe said the gear seems out of place. I would put the options back to where they were and make them hide in the corner that way they could pop up when you bring the mouse near them. Bring back players stats in game.
Spoiler

The ready button in draft is huge and has miniature text in the middle.


Removed for ???
  Posted on July 11, 2014 at 9:11 PM
#37
louis3333, The Drunken Addict

Contribution: 550 (516 + 34)
Joined: March 6, 2010
Trucy wrote:

Some of my gripes with this update:
1)The in-game window is way too small now. (Seriously, there's so many problems with this)

2)The cog sticks out like a sore-thumb, have to go through so much work just to surrender

3)The hovering over the skill to see description needs to go or re-made.

4)Can I not look at stats in-game anymore?


Did good with the adding more information to the skills and such and making them less confusing, that's great, but you've basically took one step forward and two steps back with this update.


Wow, can't add anything to what you said, that was exactly what I thought. I love half of the updates that were made here, but you clearly stated what's wrong and I agree with you.
  Posted on July 11, 2014 at 11:58 PM
#38
VertuHonagan, The Old Samurai of the Ancients

Contribution: 888 (803 + 85)
Joined: February 17, 2010
All I can say is another bad thing for WoN. Things are my pet peeves from this just from the first minute of playing in this new set up:

1) The size of everything! Why in the world is everything so small! I can't barely see the screen anymore! Everything is super small and it's very difficult for me to click on what I'm trying to click on. Plus I can't barely read any of the text in game because the screen is so small. I have a 1366 x 768 screen resolution size. The game for WoN looks to be around 400 x 400. you have to know just how small that is compared to my screen and how difficult it makes it to see the game now.

2) I can't see my skills that I'm trying to use anymore? Why would anyone think this was a good idea? When I click on a skill, I want it to show me what it does. Not give me the chance to use it yet never explaining anything. I sat in my first battle missing out 3 or 4 turns because I couldn't remember what my skills did and had no idea how to figure out where to find them until someone in chat told me to hover over them...

Really the only thing that I do like about it is the flavor text on the skills after hovering on them. That's the only good thing. Everything else really makes the game nearly impossible for me to play now.
  Posted on July 12, 2014 at 6:31 AM
#39
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
Joined: January 31, 2011
VertuHonagan wrote:

1) The size of everything! Why in the world is everything so small! I can't barely see the screen anymore! Everything is super small and it's very difficult for me to click on what I'm trying to click on. Plus I can't barely read any of the text in game because the screen is so small. I have a 1366 x 768 screen resolution size. The game for WoN looks to be around 400 x 400. you have to know just how small that is compared to my screen and how difficult it makes it to see the game now.


Can you take a screenshot of how it looks on your computer? It certainly didn't get THAT much smaller for me, I can easily read text; I'm curious as to what you're seeing.
  Posted on July 12, 2014 at 6:45 AM
#40
zacrathedemon5, The Manipulative Defender of Santi

Contribution: 225 (171 + 54)
Joined: February 19, 2010
I'm really missing the larger screen, I won't lie. It feels awkward playing on a screen this small.

Sig made by InsanityisArt (Soul Arena member)
  Posted on July 12, 2014 at 7:03 AM
#41
Salsaman, The Ruthless General of the Military

Contribution: 162 (86 + 76)
Joined: October 23, 2012
Pretty much everything is nice except the new size of the screen. I don't know exactly why but I liked the old one better and I feel this new one is slightly affecting my battle abilities..
  Posted on July 12, 2014 at 6:21 PM
1 thumbs up
#42
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
Joined: January 31, 2011
Am I the only one whose screen size is literally only like 20% smaller than it was before? You guys are making it sound like the size got cut in half or something.
  Posted on July 12, 2014 at 11:34 PM
#43
Hikaru, Professor

Contribution: 2,375 (2,097 + 278)
Joined: March 7, 2010
Nothing in the game client has been shrunk. The skill images are the same size, the font size is the same. Only the bottom info panel is now gone. I don't have any problems with this, nor do I see how this affects anyone's actual gaming experience. Don't complain, and enjoy the flavor texts (which otherwise wouldn't fit in the old bottom info panel).
  Posted on July 13, 2014 at 2:03 AM
#44
lucaslost, The Lost Wolf of the Winter

Contribution: 1,633 (1,374 + 259)
Joined: March 4, 2010
Are the forum skill tags going to be update to match this update?
Btw I really like it, nice work

PS: 9 gold Cho the dream

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X
R.I.P. Malena Chevy ~♥
  Posted on July 13, 2014 at 6:12 AM
#45
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,005 (1,806 + 199)
Joined: January 28, 2011
Hikaru wrote:

Nothing in the game client has been shrunk. The skill images are the same size, the font size is the same. Only the bottom info panel is now gone. I don't have any problems with this, nor do I see how this affects anyone's actual gaming experience. Don't complain, and enjoy the flavor texts (which otherwise wouldn't fit in the old bottom info panel).


The info panel could be stretched that way everything would fit!?
Removed for ???