Poll: Would you like to remove AI system?

26 vote(s) since July 16, 2014 at 7:19 AM

• YES (7) (26.92%)
  • NO (18) (69.23%)
  • DON'T CARE (1) (3.85%)
 Topic: Ranked...

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on July 18, 2014 at 9:28 AM
edwinas5524, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Nobles

Contribution: 2,382 (2,161 + 221)
Nestec wrote:

(...)

I definitely agree that if people enjoy playing against the AI, you shouldn't penalize or take that away from them. But at this point my question is...how do we know all those players truly would rather play with AI? I can offer up some possible alternative reasons why they are playing AI.

- They want to fully max their characters and PvP doesn't allow them to do that.
- They are working on Story Mode (I believe this is AI only?).
- They want to just play the game and there aren't enough players on PvP so the search is too long.
- They want to rapidly build rarity, gold, and character recruits and the AI is the fastest way to do so.
- They want to mess around and test some teams out.

Aside from the possibility that some players just genuinely prefer fighting non-humans, these are the only imaginable reasons I could see someone choosing AI over human opponents. Out of all of these, the first one is the only one I cannot see us changing, but the other ones all involve factors that can be resolved by tweaking the way PvP works.

well recruiting characters is easier in pvp cuz you have 400 bonus... and yeah richie its no fun vs AI because AI doesn't have any strategy.... and yeah its no fun because I've done it and its the same thing over and over again, mindless AI vs thinking human... human vs human is fun because you both think, but yeah its hard to find human opp at this points thats the only reason why they're not fighting vs human opp and that should be fixed...
  Posted on July 18, 2014 at 10:18 AM
ahmed780, The Manipulative Diva of the Clouded Dreams

Contribution: 270 (243 + 27)
Auma-no-mi wrote:

the AI is what separates WoN over N-A and S-A
nuff said

As if the items/Story/RPG/Achievements doesn't Separate WoN from N-A & S-A
edwinas5524 wrote:

(...)

well recruiting characters is easier in pvp cuz you have 400 bonus... and yeah richie its no fun vs AI because AI doesn't have any strategy.... and yeah its no fun because I've done it and its the same thing over and over again, mindless AI vs thinking human... human vs human is fun because you both think, but yeah its hard to find human opp at this points thats the only reason why they're not fighting vs human opp and that should be fixed...

you should take into consideration though a lot of people legitimately like the AI, So removing it is out of question especially when the admins worked hard on it. There should be a better solution that stopping the rewards as well, I mean that idea could backfire as well. I think we need more opinions. the more, the better, that could help us find the most convenient solution.
  Posted on July 18, 2014 at 1:19 PM

ahmed780 wrote:

(...)

As if the items/Story/RPG/Achievements doesn't Separate WoN from N-A & S-A

(...)

you should take into consideration though a lot of people legitimately like the AI, So removing it is out of question especially when the admins worked hard on it. There should be a better solution that stopping the rewards as well, I mean that idea could backfire as well. I think we need more opinions. the more, the better, that could help us find the most convenient solution.

I'm not saying AI should be removed because no one will remove it... but something should be done for ranked because its dead... also I would like previous xp system at ranked...
  Posted on July 18, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Nestec, Dreamer

Contribution: 1,507 (1,327 + 180)
At this point I'm at a loss for how this could be resolved, so I'm done here.
  Posted on July 25, 2014 at 10:18 PM
2 thumbs up
Bug_Catcher, Prisoner

Contribution: 74 (48 + 26)
My opinion on what could revive this game.

One major game update, launching the following simultaneously:

- Three new characters
- Three new items
- Two new story mode chapters
- Revival of streak ladder
- Slightly reduced character prices
- Character tournaments changed to 8 entrants
- Tweaking of PvP rewards so people don't just afk-PvE and get bored of grinding after a week. (Seriously. The grinding totally was not asked for.)

I know what your initial thought is: "holy crap, that's a lot of things to release at once." Hear me out -- this game is quickly reaching the low levels of the era right before the RPG system launched. What was the only thing able to pull the game from that slump, if only temporarily? A massive overhaul of the game.

War of Ninja needs a surge of new updates. Not little things trickled in one at a time, because players do not have the patience for that and it won't cause the necessary spark to make people stay. At this point, War of Ninja needs something that's going to flood in tons of new and old members all at the same time. Because what's more encouraging than logging into the game and seeing a thriving chat log and "351 users online"?

No more small, one-by-one updates. That only makes the user count jump to like "103 users online," which still equates to only like 9 players on average actually interacting with each other; everybody else is afk-farming the AI. This game needs a stimulus package (so to speak) to ignite the player base and give people more reason to play.

The longer we wait for this change, the more newcomers we have joining the game only to leave in six days because it's dead here. Seriously, take a look at the "Users Online" tracker and notice just how many new people there actually are everyday. A lot.

EDIT: Oh and another thing. Can you allow us to play against AI but with fully-leveled characters? I would like to test some PvP teams but I can't when there is no one online. Also, I'm willing to bet some new players (the ones coming from N-A/S-A) would prefer to grind with fully-leveled characters rather than baby versions...at least then my characters actually FEEL like they're doing damage, which is very satisfying.
  Posted on July 26, 2014 at 5:35 AM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,005 (1,806 + 199)
Maybe you are right but many updates means a long time to put them together and people are not patient. After reborn we had around 370 players now we dropped down to 50 at most. Before reborn we had about 15. I don't think people are willing to wait another 6 months or more.

The best way to fix this is to fix rarity even with high prices it wouldn't matter.
Removed for ???
  Posted on July 26, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Bug_Catcher wrote:

My opinion on what could revive this game.

One major game update, launching the following simultaneously:

- Three new characters
- Three new items
- Two new story mode chapters
- Revival of streak ladder
- Slightly reduced character prices
- Character tournaments changed to 8 entrants
- Tweaking of PvP rewards so people don't just afk-PvE and get bored of grinding after a week. (Seriously. The grinding totally was not asked for.)

I know what your initial thought is: "holy crap, that's a lot of things to release at once." Hear me out -- this game is quickly reaching the low levels of the era right before the RPG system launched. What was the only thing able to pull the game from that slump, if only temporarily? A massive overhaul of the game.

War of Ninja needs a surge of new updates. Not little things trickled in one at a time, because players do not have the patience for that and it won't cause the necessary spark to make people stay. At this point, War of Ninja needs something that's going to flood in tons of new and old members all at the same time. Because what's more encouraging than logging into the game and seeing a thriving chat log and "351 users online"?

No more small, one-by-one updates. That only makes the user count jump to like "103 users online," which still equates to only like 9 players on average actually interacting with each other; everybody else is afk-farming the AI. This game needs a stimulus package (so to speak) to ignite the player base and give people more reason to play.

The longer we wait for this change, the more newcomers we have joining the game only to leave in six days because it's dead here. Seriously, take a look at the "Users Online" tracker and notice just how many new people there actually are everyday. A lot.

EDIT: Oh and another thing. Can you allow us to play against AI but with fully-leveled characters? I would like to test some PvP teams but I can't when there is no one online. Also, I'm willing to bet some new players (the ones coming from N-A/S-A) would prefer to grind with fully-leveled characters rather than baby versions...at least then my characters actually FEEL like they're doing damage, which is very satisfying.

I think tourneys with 8 people would never fill up with everything as it is right now, because it barely fills up with 4 spots... but yeah more updates with characters and new chapters, of course it would bring some activity, but I wonder if it would make people play more ranked, and this topic is about, how to bring activity in ranked...
  Posted on July 26, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Bug_Catcher, Prisoner

Contribution: 74 (48 + 26)
naruto-leaf wrote:

Maybe you are right but many updates means a long time to put them together and people are not patient. After reborn we had around 370 players now we dropped down to 50 at most. Before reborn we had about 15. I don't think people are willing to wait another 6 months or more.

Right, this would require the admins work pretty hard to get everything out in a reasonable amount of time. But honestly, it wouldn't be like last time where we were waiting 6 months with a largely unplayable game due to bugs (or I might be mistaken, but I don't think the client worked at all then). At least we actually have a game to play, tournies to join, and AI to fight while we wait this time. The admins could be working on it right now and we would have no idea.
Edwinas wrote:

think tourneys with 8 people would never fill up with everything as it is right now, because it barely fills up with 4 spots... but yeah more updates with characters and new chapters, of course it would bring some activity, but I wonder if it would make people play more ranked, and this topic is about, how to bring activity in ranked...

Hmm, I actually think 8 person tournies would fill up relatively quickly -- definitely in less than 24 hours, unlike the way it is now. Part of the problem right now is that mostly everyone has Cho and we're still waiting on Tenkei. Another issue is that 16 is such a large number, you look at that and you just instantly know it's going to take a long time so you don't even bother signing up.

As for activity in Ranked, you're right...we could very well end up having 351 players online, with 328 of them playing against AI. But hopefully with tweaked PvP rewards this will be unlikely.
  Posted on July 26, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Bug_Catcher wrote:

(...)

Right, this would require the admins work pretty hard to get everything out in a reasonable amount of time. But honestly, it wouldn't be like last time where we were waiting 6 months with a largely unplayable game due to bugs (or I might be mistaken, but I don't think the client worked at all then). At least we actually have a game to play, tournies to join, and AI to fight while we wait this time. The admins could be working on it right now and we would have no idea.

(...)

Hmm, I actually think 8 person tournies would fill up relatively quickly -- definitely in less than 24 hours, unlike the way it is now. Part of the problem right now is that mostly everyone has Cho and we're still waiting on Tenkei. Another issue is that 16 is such a large number, you look at that and you just instantly know it's going to take a long time so you don't even bother signing up.

As for activity in Ranked, you're right...we could very well end up having 351 players online, with 328 of them playing against AI. But hopefully with tweaked PvP rewards this will be unlikely.

couldn't agree more, thats why I think AI battles change the game too bad....didn't think about it before this season implented...
  Posted on July 26, 2014 at 9:07 PM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Last time the game was playable it's just that it had a lot of bugs but even then we had more people playing PvP than we do now. Maybe one way to fix this is to wait for people to finish all their missions then move on to ranked?

About tourney you have to wait for an hour to start that's a long time if you have other things to do. How many people join then leave because they waited 20 minutes and tourney didn't start yet.
Removed for ???
  Posted on July 27, 2014 at 4:15 AM
Salsaman, The Ruthless General of the Military

Contribution: 162 (86 + 76)
The problem is people are playing too much on AI because either they're new to the game, practicing, or testing. I personally don't play ranked games yet because my skill level with keeping up with the swapping and knowing when to swap and what for isn't as good as it could be. If you screw up on that it could cost you the match. I was reluctant to join tournaments originally because of that factor as well.
  Posted on July 27, 2014 at 4:21 AM
Demonkings, The Golden Demon

Contribution: 1,488 (1,318 + 170)
On a side note, usually people within the UTC+8:00 time zone(Aka, people who actually play during everyone's sleeping time) won't be able to find any opponents to fight. Making it pointless for us to even play this game seeing it being almost impossible to fight against real players unless we are vampires.
  Posted on July 27, 2014 at 4:44 AM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

I agree with that. Let's not mention how it takes 30 seconds to select one character for the match because of how badly the character select lags.

All these things make people don't want to play.

Salsaman you can search in quick that way you get to play PvP and lose nothing.
Removed for ???
  Posted on July 27, 2014 at 5:51 AM
Salsaman, The Ruthless General of the Military

Contribution: 162 (86 + 76)
naruto-leaf wrote:

I agree with that. Let's not mention how it takes 30 seconds to select one character for the match because of how badly the character select lags.

All these things make people don't want to play.

Salsaman you can search in quick that way you get to play PvP and lose nothing.

Yeah I know, thats where I usually practice at when I'm not pbing
  Posted on July 27, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Demonkings wrote:

On a side note, usually people within the UTC+8:00 time zone(Aka, people who actually play during everyone's sleeping time) won't be able to find any opponents to fight. Making it pointless for us to even play this game seeing it being almost impossible to fight against real players unless we are vampires.

wrong... we had 5 good seasons and we had players to compete anytime, only reason why we don't have now, just because of AI battles...