Poll: Would you like to remove AI system?

26 vote(s) since July 16, 2014 at 7:19 AM

  • YES (7) (26.92%)
  • NO (18) (69.23%)
  • DON'T CARE (1) (3.85%)
 Topic: Ranked...

There are no members reading this topic.

  Posted on August 10, 2014 at 11:05 AM
#76
Forgotten-ninja, The Demonic Demon of the Demon's Flower

Contribution: 357 (320 + 37)
Joined: February 19, 2010
edwinas5524 wrote:


(...)


yeah it does pre-reborn season lasted 6 months and had enough players at ladders.... there is no bugs, same as SL achievements didn't count because there wasn't enough players at SL last season.... now wins in PL counts, character achievements counts... just streaks doesn't count because there is just 170 players who have at least 1 win this season.... if it would count with such amount of players it wouldn't be fair to others who'll have more competition...


I'm talking about "win 3 games in a row with Jun" style achievements. Those never needed a minimum number of people on the ladder. They worked from the moment WoN officially opened after the beta and now they don't work. I've never seen any sort mention of them trying to fix it.
  Posted on August 10, 2014 at 12:10 PM
#77
edwinas5524, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Nobles

Contribution: 2,382 (2,161 + 221)
Joined: February 11, 2011
Forgotten-ninja wrote:


(...)

I'm talking about "win 3 games in a row with Jun" style achievements. Those never needed a minimum number of people on the ladder. They worked from the moment WoN officially opened after the beta and now they don't work. I've never seen any sort mention of them trying to fix it.


I know what you're talking about and yeah it does, since WoN was always active you didn't notice it...
  Posted on August 10, 2014 at 12:43 PM
#78
Forgotten-ninja, The Demonic Demon of the Demon's Flower

Contribution: 357 (320 + 37)
Joined: February 19, 2010
edwinas5524 wrote:


(...)

I know what you're talking about and yeah it does, since WoN was always active you didn't notice it...


Huh? I don't see character streaks having "with at least 1,000 players participating in it" amended to them. Unless you can prove otherwise I don't see what you're getting at, and character streaks were obtainable the moment people had access to the arena.

I think we're running around in circles at this point. No one seems to want to budge on their opinion and none of the staff members have made any comment. That said, I'm surprised no one has really commented on the topic's poll.
  Posted on August 10, 2014 at 2:47 PM
#79
edwinas5524, The Untouchable Swordsman of the Nobles

Contribution: 2,382 (2,161 + 221)
Joined: February 11, 2011
Forgotten-ninja wrote:


(...)

Huh? I don't see character streaks having "with at least 1,000 players participating in it" amended to them. Unless you can prove otherwise I don't see what you're getting at, and character streaks were obtainable the moment people had access to the arena.

I think we're running around in circles at this point. No one seems to want to budge on their opinion and none of the staff members have made any comment. That said, I'm surprised no one has really commented on the topic's poll.



well I saw someone of staff said that then someone asked why we can't get those achievements... remember this is 1st reborn season, so things may have changed.... and I'm also surpirised how none of staff members posted anything... maybe they don't have anything to tell us
  Posted on August 10, 2014 at 3:36 PM
#80
Rogue-nin, The Flaming Wolf

Contribution: 39 (29 + 10)
Joined: February 17, 2010
edwinas wrote:

I'm also surpirised how none of staff members posted anything...


I think that's because they are waiting for us to "fight it out" and maybe reach a consensus. Obviously this game is made for us, the players, so traditionally they'll have to adapt it accordingly, considering the requests are doable or they consider it worthy and in the best interest of the game, and ultimately ours.

The silver lining is that at least one of the admins was reading this topic yesterday. If they will do something towards that purpose, that's another story altogether.

What we do have to be realistic about is that not each and every request will be put into practice or else chaos will rule if WoN would change at a daily/weekly basis, which would cause even more confusion and will further estrange its players.

That being said, overall the most brilliant approach to this issue that I've read thus far was from this guy:
nestec wrote:

Another option is allowing AI only up until a certain player level, and past that level you MUST play against humans in order to get gold, exp, recruit characters, etc. What do you guys think of this approach? It allows AI for players who actually need it (players with low levels) and it forces higher leveled players to actually stop fighting AI and fight with some real people. If for whatever reason they WANT to play with AI, they have the option to do so but without rewards.

  Posted on August 11, 2014 at 12:14 AM
#81
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,005 (1,806 + 199)
Joined: January 28, 2011
People will start playing pvp once they are done with AI and missions, if they don't that means they don't plan to play pvp and removing AI at that point would make them leave.

Streaks have been disabled for this season. This may lead to not being able to make any streak related achievements.
Removed for ???