Topic: Sakonian Misanthropy 1: Feminism and Equal Rights

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on July 29, 2014 at 7:06 AM
1 thumbs up
Sakon, The Manipulative Savior

Contribution: 89 (54 + 35)
Well, I've decided to post 1 large rambling a month which I shall call the " Sakonian Misanthropy Collection "

I'm not even sure if I used the term feminism in this correctly so I may come off as a total idiot, but these are my opinions on a seemingly hot topic as of late.

Now, without reading heavily into the topics at hand, I'm NOT for women's rights. I'm not for men's rights either, I'm for HUMAN rights in general. It is honestly quite disgusting that the one half of the same species has to fight for the same equality and respect as the other. It's like with gay rights, it is depressing to think 2 people of the same gender that truly love each other cannot marry yet a man and a women who doesn't love each other at all can. Same with adoption, I'm sure there are plenty of LGBT couples who would make great parents, yet they are not allowed to due to inequality and 2 abusive undeserving people get to instead.

Back to the women's right thing.It is sad that guys who have sex with multiple girls are considered " pimps " and are praised by their fellow males but females who do the same are shamed upon and called whores and sluts. Just like how it is okay for guys to have body hair but it's " disgusting " if women do.

But it isn't all unfair towards females. There are things unfair to guys as well. For instance if heterosexual girls hug each other or cuddle it's " cute " but if I see my best dude friend and come up and hug him because I haven't seen him in forever people will call it " gay "

Or how ( and this is just a personal opinion, like everything I'm saying ) females tend to have an easier time obtaining jobs, mostly by a business ran by a man but there have been cases where it doesn't matter who runs the business, girls just seem more likely to be hired / promoted. Yeah it can work the other way around, where a guy is more likely to get a promotion more than a girl even though both workers have been equally as productive simply because the boss is biased towards guys, but yet again, just my personal opinion.

Now, In terms of equality between men and women, in the United States at least, it's as equal as it's ever going to get. Which isn't a bad thing. There are very VERY few laws that prevent women from doing something a man can. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is how it's okay for a male to go around shirtless but it isn't okay for a female to do the same. Or a better example, even though this may have changed by now, how in schools its okay for boys to go around in sleeveless shirts and shorts but it isn't okay for a girl to do so because " boys will be boys and stare "

Now, you can say " well boys should be taught to be more respectful towards women so that they can go around dressed like that and not be stared at sexually "

Saying that is honestly going against the whole equality thing in my opinion.

Boys shouldn't be allowed to be dressed like that either if girls aren't. Why? Because girls will also be girls and they will stare as well.

Let me rephrase that, humans will be humans and will stare when they see something sexually attractive to them or at least be tempted to. Glancing away when you see a attractive girl in a bikini isn't being fully respectful either you know.

Most humans by nature have sexual desires, if we didn't the human race wouldn't exist for there would be no reproduction, plain and simple. So by saying that, yeah it isn't fair that boys can show more skin and it be " okay, but not because girls can't necessarily do the same, though that is true, but also because it is perceived that girls aren't " perverted " like guys, thus it is okay to show their legs and arms and the what not. I have a feeling it would be the same if all boys had cleavage as well.

I kind of blame some of that towards the media as well. I remember growing up as a child watching cartoons that where would be some bits of comedy where the boy gets his pants ripped off or anything, yet nothing like that ever happened to the girl characters. I guess what I'm trying to say is, even though it's perceived that the reason why girls aren't allowed to wear tank tops is because " guys don't know how to be respectful ", which as stated above is something I'm not too fond of, but also because media really doesn't expose girls as they do guys in children's cartoons and other things of the sort, which is a form of inequality I suppose.

Finally, I apologize if I've made myself look like a fool but these are my personal opinions on this matter and rather or not you respect them or not, I'm entitled to my own opinion. If' I'm misunderstanding something I would love to hear so I can get these ideologies more accurate as I'm not exactly all knowing in this seemingly heated discussion as of late.

The saddest thing of all is, there will never be equality, not just for women or homosexuals or religions, but humanity as a whole. Everyone is different, everyone has different thoughts on some things, everyone lives a different life day to day. While planet earth would be a lot more boring and bland if everyone was a carbon copy clone of each other, everything would be peaceful. We as humans are too complex and advanced for our own good.

Nothing is impossible they say but I truly do believe world peace is impossible. People will be hurt, murdered, *$?*!, discriminated against, commit suicide, cheat lie and everything in between day after day somewhere on planet earth. There are good people in this world, but I truly believe that the bad, rotten apples on this tree we call humanity ruin the beauty of life as a whole.

But yeah, there is my thoughts on that. o.o

Since WoN is actually my favorite of the 3 " arena " communities, I saved it for posting last, cause the best for last!

So for that, you all get a bonus emote.

Also, seeing how I don't use the Vempyre account here, I changed Vempyric to Sakonian. Get it? Like Draconian.
  Posted on July 29, 2014 at 7:27 AM
1 thumbs up
Zadion, The Twisted Child of Death

Contribution: 1,077 (757 + 320)
Sakon wrote:

Back to the women's right thing.It is sad that guys who have sex with multiple girls are considered " pimps " and are praised by their fellow males but females who do the same are shamed upon and called whores and sluts. Just like how it is okay for guys to have body hair but it's " disgusting " if women do.

While nobody should ever be insulted or treated as sub-human because they are sexually promiscuous, I believe the best solution to this would be to raise men to be more respectful of women and NOT try to mate with every woman possible. Raise them to be like women in that regard.

That's the only thing I have to comment on. I agree with the rest.

hello, it's me. i was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
  Posted on July 29, 2014 at 7:31 AM
1 thumbs up
Sakon, The Manipulative Savior

Contribution: 89 (54 + 35)
Zadion wrote:

(...)

While nobody should ever be insulted or treated as sub-human because they are sexually promiscuous, I believe the best solution to this would be to raise men to be more respectful of women and NOT try to mate with every woman possible. Raise them to be like women in that regard.

I have a feeling if after sex there was a risk where the guy had to deal with something life altering for 9 months that things would be a lot different.

Btw completely off topic but you are neat.
  Posted on July 29, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Roach, The Masked Samurai of the Red Dawn

Contribution: 1,303 (1,108 + 195)
Zadion wrote:

(...)

Women are just as horny as men are, you know. That's not a "boy" thing. That's a human being thing. That's an any living animal thing.

If you wish to say that about men, then the same should be same for women. Women should be taught not to sleep around with every guy they can.

Like the OP, this street goes both ways, you can't assume only men like sex.
  Posted on August 5, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Roach wrote:

(...)Women are just as horny as men are, you know. That's not a "boy" thing. That's a human being thing. That's an any living animal thing.

If you wish to say that about men, then the same should be same for women. Women should be taught not to sleep around with every guy they can.

Like the OP, this street goes both ways, you can't assume only men like sex.

What, man? I think you might've misinterpreted my post.

Women are already taught not to sleep around with every guy they can; that's why "#%@? shaming" exists (which is bullshit and uncalled for, as I stated previously). Men aren't taught that, and that's why we have sexist, misogynistic opinions so dominate in modern society, i.e. a man is taught to take pride in laying as many women as he can, whereas a woman is insulted and shamed a little bit more for each man she lays with.

Nothing to do with both genders enjoying sex - that much is obvious. It's just that how society handles each gender is different when it shouldn't be.

Posted on August 6, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Contribution: 3,492 (3,159 + 333)
One thing I think you completely missed (which is slightly ironic considering the tone of your post), are the negative structures that still affect men.

In America, Men don't have the right to vote, or to drive. They have to sign up for selective service (meaning they can be drafted into the army).

Additionally, Women can have an abortion, or they can give their baby up for adoption if they don't want a baby. The father has no such ability. In fact there has been several cases where a male victim of #%?! by a female perpetrator has been forced to pay child support, even when the victim was a child themselves

Furthermore, FGM (Female Genital Mutilation) is a practice which is commonly accepted to be barbaric and inhumane, while MGM is practiced regularly, even on grown, nonconsenting adults, despite ample amounts of research proving it to cause lasting damage.

(Note: As a whole, most FGM being practiced is much more damaging an violent than circumcision. However this does not mean that MGM is in anyway acceptable)
-----------germ---------another germ---------------
-----------GERMS ALL OVER THE PLACE---------
Oh Look at that, looks like there's SO MANY MOD GERMS
Okay, who the flower's the smartass

Now THAT's just being a precious flower.

I am going to slam a lovely rainbow flower into your beautiful face you flower
  Posted on August 6, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Karab wrote:

In America, Men don't have the right to vote, or to drive.

I'm confused.

Posted on August 6, 2014 at 1:37 AM
Lilscoot88, The Radiant Diviner of the Clouded Dreams

Contribution: 318 (251 + 67)
Man, my male peers call another dude a "hoe" if he tries to hit on many women a lot. It doesn't just apply to females.

Posted on August 6, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Contribution: 3,492 (3,159 + 333)
Zadion wrote:

(...)

I'm confused.

Men don't have those rights, they have to sign up for selective service first
-----------germ---------another germ---------------
-----------GERMS ALL OVER THE PLACE---------
Oh Look at that, looks like there's SO MANY MOD GERMS
Okay, who the flower's the smartass

Now THAT's just being a precious flower.

I am going to slam a lovely rainbow flower into your beautiful face you flower
  Posted on August 6, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Karab wrote:

(...)

Men don't have those rights, they have to sign up for selective service first

Ah yeah I got you; the way you worded it before made it sound like those were two separate things, so I was just like... "What?"

However, it's kind of inaccurate to say we don't have the right to drive, anyway, until signing up for Selective Service, considering the legal age to get a license is 16, and we can't sign up for Selective Service until 18. It's more like, if we don't sign up for Selective Service, we go to prison. Literally.

I get the point of your post though.