Poll: Is it Balanced?

4 vote(s) since August 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM

• No (1) (25%)
  • Yes (3) (75%)
 Topic: Tsunayoshi Sawada

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on August 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM
3 thumbs up
saif, The Flaring Inferno

Contribution: 95 (64 + 31)

Tsunayoshi "Tsuna" Sawada is the main protagonist of Katekyō Hitman Reborn! Although at first a cowardly and useless junior high student, Tsuna is suddenly thrown into fulfilling the role as the tenth generation Boss of the Vongola Famiglia, the most prominent Mafia Famiglia in the world, forcing him to gather his own Guardians to eventually battle for the survival of the world. His character development from a weak individual who easily gives up to a leader dedicated and willing to fight for the protection of his friends, family, and Famiglia is a critical element of the series.
(My Char are not WoN ones so the HP is always 100)

Skills:

Big Bang Axle

Energy Required:

Tsuna concentrates Flames in his fist to deliver a powerful punch which deal 20 piercing dammage to 1 enemy.

Class List:
melee, instant
Cooldown:
None

X-Burner

Energy Required:

Balancing with the calm flame, Tsuna fires the "Hard Flame" forward and deals 25 dammage and stun the enemy for 1 turn.

Class List:
ranged, instant
Cooldown:

Zero Point Breakthrough

Energy Required:

Tsuna uses this skill and it will be activated only if Tsuna have 50 HP or less. This skill gives Tsuna 50 Destructible defense points, and his skills will deal 5 more points each time they're used, during this time this skill turns into Burning Axle. This skill ends when the defense is fully destroyed.

Class List:
tactic, instant
Cooldown:
Infinite

Burning Axle

Energy Required:

Tsuna fires a huge fireball to on enemy dealing 30 dammage points. This skill Ignores Invunerability.

Class List:
ranged, instant
Cooldown:

Mantello Di Vongola Primo

Energy Required:

This skill makes Tsuna invunerable for 1 Turn.

Class List:
tactic, instant
Cooldown:

Posted on August 12, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Zadion, The Twisted Child of Death

Contribution: 1,077 (757 + 320)
Burning Axle should deal 90 piercing damage and cost 4 specifics.

hello, it's me. i was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
  Posted on August 12, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 thumbs up

90? @_@
  Posted on August 14, 2014 at 11:08 AM
badea1, The Protective Saint of the Ancients

Contribution: 62 (59 + 3)
@ Zadion : I think 90 PIERCING damage is too OP. It could be like 60 piercing damage with 4 energies, in my oppinion.
@ Saif : This character is pretty good and balanced, but you could add 5 more damage to "Burning Axle" because a skill that deals 35 damage that ignores invulnerability for 2 energies is pretty good. Anyway, good job with Tsuna
  Posted on August 14, 2014 at 11:55 AM

badea1 wrote:

@ Zadion : I think 90 PIERCING damage is too OP. It could be like 60 piercing damage with 4 energies, in my oppinion.

If you've noticed, WoN's balance system considers 1 specific energy to be worth 25 damage. Thus, simple math dictates that 4 specific energy would be worth 100 damage.

The idea is for it to be a pseudo-instant kill that actually works instantly, though it'd only work for characters with 90 HP or higher. Making it cost 4 energy guarantees it can't be used on turn 1, and most spike teams can easily deal over 100 damage by turn 2 anyway - and with far less energy luck (see: fire meta).

90 damage for 4 specifics is perfectly reasonable.

Posted on August 14, 2014 at 4:58 PM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Contribution: 2,005 (1,806 + 199)
Spike teams deal a lot of damage by turn 2 but it's the entire team and not only one character. Every team having him would be unbeatable that way.
Removed for ???
  Posted on August 14, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Toraji's Ferocious Slash deals 45 damage for 2 specifics; exactly half of what I said. It's not piercing, but it bypasses counters, which is arguably significantly more useful than being piercing, anyway.

Karasu's Darkened Dawn will almost always deal a minimum of 75 damage. It's mostly random, but it costs THREE specifics, not four, and almost everyone who plays the game agrees that this skill is underpowered to the point of almost being useless.

Finally, an important point is being missed over in the fact that this 90 damage, 4 energy skill would still require the Zero Point Breakthrough prep, thus making it actually cost 6 energy and, due to the requirement for the prep, it wouldn't be usable until mid-late game, anyway.

y'all are balance scrubs

Posted on August 15, 2014 at 4:55 AM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Some of the best teams had karasu in them so when you say almost everyone agrees that he's underpowered, that includes those who didn't get a 20+ streak with him like I did along with many others.

Also not to mention how people complain about Cho being OP when she deals 45 to all for 4 specific. She also can't be used until mid-late game yet they still complain.
Removed for ???
  Posted on August 15, 2014 at 8:50 AM
asastreja, The Ruthless Tactician of the Seishin

Contribution: 141 (118 + 23)
Sorry, but I agree with Zadion, and what does Cho have to do here? Her Lightning Storm is absolutely different. Plus y'all overlooked the fact that you can use burning axle only after Zero point breakthrough, which can only be used when Tsuna has 50 Hp or less, so as a revenge kill it would work
  Posted on August 15, 2014 at 3:32 PM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

To answer the question, I'm just telling you what people say about her and how they complain that she is OP because she deals 45 to all. In the same way people would complain about burning axle.

Also I guess y'all forget about Kudoku and how OP that would make her lol. You're under 50 then what, you can't do anything to her while she deals 90 dmg to you. Oh yes by now Kudoku also has like 5 charges, guess what let's attack the other one next turn and that's gg for you.
Removed for ???
  Posted on August 15, 2014 at 4:41 PM
RagicanoX, The Black Inferno

Contribution: 1,467 (1,261 + 206)
Cool character, a lot of offense and not as much defense, but not every character is magically balanced in all forms of combat like EVERY N-A CHARACTER -facepalm- Good work, thumbed.
  Posted on August 15, 2014 at 5:44 PM

naruto-leaf wrote:

Also I guess y'all forget about Kudoku and how OP that would make her lol. You're under 50 then what, you can't do anything to her while she deals 90 dmg to you. Oh yes by now Kudoku also has like 5 charges, guess what let's attack the other one next turn and that's gg for you.

Ridiculous point; kill Kudoku first. This Sawada guy wouldn't be dangerous until he drops to 50 HP or below anyway, whether Burning Axle was a 90 damage skill or not.
Spoiler

not even gonna justify your other points with a response

Spoiler

>implying Karasu isn't UP

Posted on August 15, 2014 at 9:34 PM
naruto-leaf, Swordsman

Zadion wrote:

(...)

Ridiculous point; kill Kudoku first. This Sawada guy wouldn't be dangerous until he drops to 50 HP or below anyway, whether Burning Axle was a 90 damage skill or not.

Listen to what you're saying. as if whoever would use them wouldn't take measure to keep Kudoku alive or at least take down one character before you do. Sawada's first 2 skills are pretty decent on their own.

It's funny how it's the same people complaining about OP character making suggestions like this.
Spoiler

no response needed, I've made my point

Removed for ???
  Posted on August 15, 2014 at 10:52 PM

naruto-leaf wrote:

(...)

Listen to what you're saying. as if whoever would use them wouldn't take measure to keep Kudoku alive or at least take down one character before you do. Sawada's first 2 skills are pretty decent on their own.

It's funny how it's the same people complaining about OP character making suggestions like this.

Spoiler

no response needed, I've made my point

Sawada's can do a whopping 20 damage a turn and Kudoku can't do much damage until mid-game; the third character would have to be a support to keep Kudoku alive, thus turning the team into some type of pseudo-stall team that relies on Sawada's "kill" to succeed. That alone would be incredibly weak, especially if this 90 damage attack had some 3-4 turn CD. In other words, if whoever used them took measures to keep Kudoku alive, it'd require another support character and would make the team very slow.

The other option would be for the third character to be a spike character; this would make for a stronger team, surely, but then Kudoku could not be protected and could easily be spiked town.

The fact is that if Sawada's Burning Axle was a 90 damage skill, it couldn't be used until he drops to 50 HP or less; thus, you get to decide when he can use it.

I'm not going to argue this anymore, mang. 90 damage for 4 specifics is not OP whether it requires a prep or not, whether it's Sawada's skill or someone else's. It's hardly different from Devour or Darkened Dawn, just situationally more efficient. And it can hardly be compared to Cho, who deals 135 damage altogether for 4 specifics. Oh, and Cho's attack is affliction, not piercing, meaning it's not halted by protectors the way a 90 piercing damage attack would be.

Posted on August 15, 2014 at 11:19 PM
1 thumbs up

RagicanoX wrote:

Cool character, a lot of offense and not as much defense, but not every character is magically balanced in all forms of combat like EVERY N-A CHARACTER -facepalm- Good work, thumbed.

Well that escalated quickly xD , and thx Ragi ~