Topic: Black Tomorrow [Writing]

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on August 14, 2014 at 11:46 PM
2 thumbs up
Karab, The Fierce Tiger

Contribution: 3,492 (3,159 + 333)
Something I've been working on since I heard about Robin Williams death. It's meant to be a direct address to those with depression, and it comes from a very personal place in my heart, which ironically is why it might seem a little stilted.

Have you ever stood at the edge of the sea?

I don't just mean a beach somewhere. I mean have you ever stood where the earth ends, and all that's ahead is the one unmoving line of the horizon. Where you can look and look and see both nothing and everything. Where you begin to realise that without all the trappings of life in which you have cloaked yourself, you are nothing. Where the scream of the wind can rip the air from your lungs, any sound you could make dissappearing before it even reaches your ears. Where the crashing waves crest two, three times taller than you, with enough force to drown you in seconds.

Where you begin to fear that you'll throw yourself into oblivion, although maybe the fear left you long ago and all that stays you is guilt. Where it takes every fiber of your being just to stand still, instead of running straight into the icy grey embrace that calls to you.

Have you ever felt the comfort as you start to walk away? The rush of feeling as frozen limbs start to move again. The first aching as you tear yourself away. Beginning to realise just who you are. Now knowing that you alone control your fate. Knowing that you could stare into the deepest void you can find, and blink.

To often people cherish the ability to die. Not many realise the difficulty of facing death, and just walking away. They want us to die for justice, for revenge, for the fatherland. They want us to die in glory, they want us to die in vain. We were born to die, but what do we say to the god of death?
-----------germ---------another germ---------------
-----------GERMS ALL OVER THE PLACE---------
Oh Look at that, looks like there's SO MANY MOD GERMS
Okay, who the flower's the smartass

Now THAT's just being a precious flower.

I am going to slam a lovely rainbow flower into your beautiful face you flower
  Posted on August 16, 2014 at 4:37 AM
rurudo66, Hunter of Hanto

Contribution: 1,476 (1,274 + 202)
Not today. Not today.
Epicurus wrote:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Marcus wrote:

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.