Topic: Kendo

There are no members reading this topic.

Posted on January 24, 2011 at 9:24 PM
aleksandra94, The Twisted Shadow

Contribution: 6 (6 + 0)
Anyone interested in Kendo or maybe Iaido is free to talk here.I myself train at the dojo of Makoto Kendo Club and I find Japanese swords and swordsmanship fascinating.
Those that don't really know what Kendo is or maybe want to get to know it better can ask me,I will tell you everything I know!:amused

One day,Yumei...One day I'll tell you a secret...
  Posted on January 24, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Ushiomi, The Renegade Rookie

Contribution: 166 (138 + 28)
i just do fencing but tell me about kendo
Everyone misses you DandyLion ~
  Posted on January 28, 2011 at 6:25 PM
aleksandra94, The Twisted Shadow

Contribution: 6 (6 + 0)
Well,kendo is,to put it this way,the way samurai fight. It was originally created to keep your fighting skills sharp and ready for combat .But not just that.It's also a way to keep a pure mind and soul, to be a better person.Kendo requires discipline,honor and respect.As if following the samurai code.Before you beat anyone,beat yourself,prove to yourself that you can,compete with yourself,evolve for yourself
Sorry,I got carried away xD
As you can tell,kendo isn't just a "sport" or a "martial art".We build part of ourselves through it.It has also lot to do with zen.
Now that I'm done blabbering you can tell me if you want to know something about kendo as a martial art or more of my zen/swordsmanship stuff x3

One day,Yumei...One day I'll tell you a secret...
  Posted on September 23, 2011 at 1:52 AM
Anurien, Swordsman of the Niiro

Contribution: 1 (1 + 0)
I though the way of the samurai was Bushido.Actually Kendo is one of the newer forms of Japanece sword practice.Its more like The Way of the Samurai Sword.It was created in the middle eighteenth century..So kinda different from what the real samurais were practicing and yet it is similar.